Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It was probably said on the radio during one of his segments on ESPN 1000, if you want the segment how about you go find it for yourself, or you could just trust what the OP said.
Nice to see your New Years resolution wasn't to be any less of a dick.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still honestly don't understand the pick one bit unless emery goes 3-4 in the offseason.

When he drafted shea most people maybe assumed we'd eventually swap to a 3-4, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. If it were to happen, this offseason is a perfect one.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed. People thinking he can be some LB are kidding themselves. I mean, really, watching him at Boise State I don't recall seeing anything that was super impressive with usually a first round draft pick shows.

From my experience as a tuba player in hs pep band i disagree.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I still honestly don't understand the pick one bit unless emery goes 3-4 in the offseason.

When he drafted shea most people maybe assumed we'd eventually swap to a 3-4, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. If it were to happen, this offseason is a perfect one.

Emery wasn't hired until the end of January, and there's a lot of internal changes that go on after a new GM is hired. It certainly could've affected the scouting, or Emery might've felt like he should let Lovie get his favorite pass rusher in the draft. We really don't know.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
From my experience as a tuba player in hs pep band i disagree.
Yeah, I heard you were a complete bust at tenor sax, but someone had the vision to move you to the big brass.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Emery wasn't hired until the end of January, and there's a lot of internal changes that go on after a new GM is hired. It certainly could've affected the scouting, or Emery might've felt like he should let Lovie get his favorite pass rusher in the draft. We really don't know.

We do know the clubs highest rated/favorite pass rusher was actually Bruce Irvin. Or reporters claimed it was so.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
In order of preference:

1) Bury on the depth chart as situational pass rusher (if still 4-3)

2) Give him a shot at OLB (if convert to 3-4)

3) Convert to LB under current defensive scheme and hope like hell he doesn't suck

4) Trade for a Snuggy and a pair of bunny slippers - I don't see anyone giving up a 5th, but what do I know?

5) Cut (unless there's not a big cap hit; in which case this becomes a more desireable option)