What to expect from Nagy and the Bears

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Here we go again shitting all over the Bears offensive line. The KC Chiefs start a shit guard, a center that is average on his best day, and a first round bust at LT that is only now starting to look like a barely starter level player. The only position where they have an advantage over Chicago is at right tackle.

LT - Charles Leno > Eric Fisher - Not a drastic difference but Leno is better

LG - Josh Sitton > Witzman/Fulton - Not even close, both of KC’s LG’s are trash

C - Cody Whitehair > Morse - Morse is not bad, but Whitehair is clearly better

RG - Kyle Long > LDT - LDT is solid, but Long is the better player when healthy

RT - Massie < Schwartz - Massie is not bad, but Schwartz is one of the top RT’s in the NFL

I would agree with most of this. I think Whitehair's skills are being wasted at center, I would shift him to RT and find a new center not named Grasu

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
nagy wants to the run the ball, the qb also gets the ball out quickly as well as some long developing throws, if the bears can upgrade massie they should be in good shape...the only question mark will be at guard, long is a injury mess and sitton will likely be declining soon. having speed at WR's is good but its not a requisite if they have a player with good size who can threaten deep...

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Orlando Brown 2nd round

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I have done very little O line draft study this year But I have seen Connor Williams From Texas ranked as the best OT in the draft but some sites have him rated as 3-15+ best player which is a huge margin.

Leno is ok for now but We need a better pass protecting RT/ Cameron Fleming intrigues me at RT from the Pats he played well when Cannon went down and someone worth watching during the playoffs.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
The Bears are so baron on talent in many places they can't be forced to "reach" on a pick. If everyone is healthy, yes there is more talent on the interior of this line, so Nagy I'm sure will adjust.

You have to go BPA @8 if you don't trade down. If a guy like Chubb/Key is there, you have to take them instead of reaching on oline. Imagine the defense with two edge rushers including Floyd? That will help any offense.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I have done very little O line draft study this year But I have seen Connor Williams From Texas ranked as the best OT in the draft but some sites have him rated as 3-15+ best player which is a huge margin.

Leno is ok for now but We need a better pass protecting RT/ Cameron Fleming intrigues me at RT from the Pats he played well when Cannon went down and someone worth watching during the playoffs.

I like Connor Williams to as I believe McGlinchy benefits from having a certain stud guard next to him. But honestly at #8 you only draft that guard. And if you trade down to 12-15 range probably go Ridley if he's on the board.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Long, I'd be surprised if he wasn't put on the ir list with an option to come back late in the season.

So no, I think given that, they keep him at guard.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Your sig is terrifying. Lol.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The speed at WR is a threat because they can get into space and make people miss. In KC Alex Smith very rarely threw the ball deep to a streaking WR.

We have NO WRs that threaten to take the top off with the speed, so we will need to get that in FA.

I hope they draft lineman early and often, they are less risky than a skill position, and obviously a big need for the system.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The Bears are so baron on talent in many places they can't be forced to "reach" on a pick. If everyone is healthy, yes there is more talent on the interior of this line, so Nagy I'm sure will adjust.

You have to go BPA @8 if you don't trade down. If a guy like Chubb/Key is there, you have to take them instead of reaching on oline. Imagine the defense with two edge rushers including Floyd? That will help any offense.

If Chubb Is there i think they take him, Reminds me of a healthy more explosive Pernell.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
What do you mean by that? Not being snarky, just nothing pops into my mind to comprehend the statement.
Musical chairs through training camp and preseason. At some point, you need to settle on a line and let it gel, ideally before preseason so that the line gets practice time together to work as a unit and refine their craft, instead of preseason and reg season, where the focus is not on self improvement but the other team.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Musical chairs through training camp and preseason. At some point, you need to settle on a line and let it gel, ideally before preseason so that the line gets practice time together to work as a unit and refine their craft, instead of preseason and reg season, where the focus is not on self improvement but the other team.

Guess I missed that. The shame. Thanks for clarifying and the insight. That is some poo poo.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I would agree with most of this. I think Whitehair's skills are being wasted at center, I would shift him to RT and find a new center not named Grasu

I've been saying this since he arrived. Whitehair graded out as the BEST OT IN CFB his senior season. Draft a C in 3-4, put Sitton at LG and Long at RG if healthy, Whitehair at RT and Leno at LT. Best use of talent on the OL for sure.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Not sold on key he seems to rely too much on just speed to get to the QB. The OTs in the NFL are quick enough to keep up with him I agree that Chubb is a stud though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawags

Liked Posts:
The Bears will not squander the 8th pick of the draft on a RT. Leno aint movin.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The Bears will not squander the 8th pick of the draft on a RT. Leno aint movin.
The Bears will do what they feel they need to do to give Coach Nagy the players he wants.

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
I think Williams, Brown and Mcglinchey could all be in play at 8. Guard or not Nelson should absolutely be a consideration as well.

I don’t see them going WR in the first unless they are able to trade down. Chubb has to be the pick if he is there but it’s doubtful.

I think Minkah has some Ramsey in his game with the versatility to play both S and CB at a high level. If he’s there I’d be hard pressed not to pull the trigger and play him at CB.