What would the Bears record be if they did the obvious thing and traded for Cousins?

AussieBear

who knows... but the bears would be 7-4 if they stuck wiff mike..

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The Bears would be 7-4 if the WRs & RBs caught passes that hit them in the hands. Neither Glennon nor Mitch have been the problem.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Garoppolo is on SF's books for $434,000 this year

He's a FA after this season, and he's very likely going to get paid a little more than 434,000 with a very small sample size.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Alright, pay attention and try to follow along. Belichick originally offered Garoppolo for a 1st and 4rth in December of last year. There were no takers. Lynch and Pace both needed a QB, but Pace panicked and signed Glennon in March and then got fleeced by Lynch and gave up 3 picks to move up one spot to take unproven Trubisky in the draft.

Meanwhile, Lynch still did nothing because he realized that time was on his side. Every week that passed reduced Garoppolo's trade value because Belichick wasn't going to use the tag on a backup QB and Garoppolo was a FA in 2018. When the trade deadline approached, Lynch got a bargain because he had the foresight to see how it was going to play out and the huevos to sit back and wait for Belichick to blink.

A GM is paid to outmaneuver his competitors, and Lynch made Pace look like the wet behind the ears novice he is. If it hadn't worked out with Garoppolo, Lynch would have taken a QB in next year's draft, which is much deeper than 2017's. He knew he could put Joe Montana back there this season and the 49ers would still suck, so there was no downside to his strategy.

All along I thought Pace was making a mistake by going after a QB in the 2017 draft when Garoppolo was available. Time will tell whether Lynch or Pace was right.

sorry, you're an idiot!

Lynch did not fleece anyone. Not Pace, nor Belichick. You are so fucking clueless on the pace/Lynch deal and what was going on that it's not worth my time to explain to you. You are football dumb! Belichick usually fleeces the people he trades with, may not seem so now, but just wait. I think we just found out that Jimmy is a system QB and not as good as most of this board would like to think.,

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
sorry, you're an idiot!

Lynch did not fleece anyone. Not Pace, nor Belichick. You are so fucking clueless on the pace/Lynch deal and what was going on that it's not worth my time to explain to you. You are football dumb! Belichick usually fleeces the people he trades with, may not seem so now, but just wait. I think we just found out that Jimmy is a system QB and not as good as most of this board would like to think.,

Honestly think the trade has zero implication as to how good or bad Jimmy is. This was simply a smart business decision by Bill.

They held on to him throughout the offseason and draft, despite some decent offers. Why? Because Brady isn't exactly young. If Brady goes down, they were fully set at QB with Jimmy.

As the season wore on, Brady looked fine, and wasn't running into any issues with nagging injuries. Meanwhile, at the end of the year, Jimmy walks away and they get nothing. Solution? Sell him for essentially the same offers that were coming in pre-draft. Walk away with a 2nd round pick, and have had the backup they believed in for most of the year just in case.

Even if Jimmy is a superstar, this was a good play for Bill. He had little leverage at that point for the trade, as the teams needing Jimmy didn't have the win now desperation. Teams knew he was a free agent the moment the season ended. He basically sold the rights to negotiate early or franchise tag Jimmy for a 2nd round pick. That's impressive, even if Jimmy becomes one of the best ever.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the more interesting question is:

How many people here would trade Trubs (on his rookie salary) straight up for Cousins (knowing they will have to pay him a monster contract in 2018 and beyond. It's an interesting question..........

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the more interesting question is:

How many people here would trade Trubs (on his rookie salary) straight up for Cousins (knowing they will have to pay him a monster contract in 2018 and beyond. It's an interesting question..........

Nope.
Especially with Cousins' shit stats against above average D's
Read an article his passer rating is above 100 against poor Defenses and is in the low 70's against D's that are ranked above 15

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He's the Lovie Smith of QB's, a total bumslayer.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Nope.
Especially with Cousins' shit stats against above average D's
Read an article his passer rating is above 100 against poor Defenses and is in the low 70's against D's that are ranked above 15

Then how is his overall passer rating 100 since becoming the full time starter?

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Here's a stat for ya, he's 24-27-1 all-time. It's pretty clear he doesn't have the "it" factor. A move like you're suggesting would doom this franchise. It'd be like Cutler 2.0 but with better stats.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He's played a lot of shit defenses.
To his credit though, he played very well against the Saints a couple of weeks ago, probably his best game as a pro.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long story short, Trubisky is a bust unless he turns out to be a better QB than Cousins, that seems to be the general consensus on here.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Long story short, Trubisky is a bust unless he turns out to be a better QB than Cousins, that seems to be the general consensus on here.

Not really "turns out", more like "if he's not better than Cousins by Sunday"

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not really "turns out", more like "if he's not better than Cousins by Sunday"

Hell if he isn't at least as good as Wentz, he'll probably be a bust

AussieBear

The Bears would be 7-4 if the WRs & RBs caught passes that hit them in the hands. Neither Glennon nor Mitch have been the problem.

finally someone wiff some logic.. i rest me glennon case..

well mitch be lil wildthang.. but he guts de rookie pass fer now..

[video=youtube;Jdv2Wp9MzY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdv2Wp9MzY0[/video]

heres to yr 3 of the rebuilds rebuild of the rebuilds rebuild..

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cousins, again, sucked tonight.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Mitch because he is still growing and frankly the shit show at WR and coaching is setting this team back right now.
It hurts whomever is behind center.
A major overhaul with something like what Windy suggested with Watkins and Kirk added to Meredith & Inman would only be part of the solution.
The play-calling is average at best. And not innovative at all. A well-oiled machine of pick plays and option plays is sorely needed. If they are in the play book then they need to stop retarding the selection and give Mitch the whole enchilada to see what he can actually digest.

And I am calling out Zach Azzanni for not getting his WRs up to par.