• 1- 1st round pick ; Jay Cutler

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 0- The guy blows now

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bears93

Liked Posts:
The whole house Luck is having a down season it happens to the best of them. He's still a hundred times talented than any quarterback that's ever played for the Bears.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would trade Cutler a first next year and second following year. And it would be a steal!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Luck has all the weapons he needs on offense but as per the norm the past few years, the GM neglects to fix the offensive line.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Luck has all the weapons he needs on offense but as per the norm the past few years, the GM neglects to fix the offensive line.

Luck is going nowhere his problems are his oline and he is hurt. Its the Colts HC and Gm's fault for not creating depth at oline to protect their franchise QB. With Luck a lot of good HC candidates will jump at replacing these two.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
JpQmMFnmgcQl.jpg

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I'd trade a basement, fog machine and my soon to be running van full of gummy worms. I'd even throw in a super soaker full of garlic infused holly water, my wooden steak shooting crossbow and a map of Santa Clause Indiana.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade a basement, fog machine and my soon to be running van full of gummy worms. I'd even throw in a super soaker full of garlic infused holly water, my wooden steak shooting crossbow and a map of Santa Clause Indiana.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

I'd even throw in a 60 second stopwatch, so Luck could time himself running to the end of town and back.

Liked Posts:
Nothing. I like Luck & he is a very good QB, but not the great QB he has been viewed as over the past few seasons. He's overrated as all hell. I hear people already claiming that this QB class in the upcoming draft is thin & I strongly disagree. I believe this is going to be a very good QB class in the upcoming draft. I honestly would rather see the Bears just use one high draft pick than go out & make the same mistake twice by overpaying an insane price tag for another overrated QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you know he'll be 100% again, all that and a bag of chips.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nothing. I like Luck & he is a very good QB, but not the great QB he has been viewed as over the past few seasons. He's overrated as all hell. I hear people already claiming that this QB class in the upcoming draft is thin & I strongly disagree. I believe this is going to be a very good QB class in the upcoming draft. I honestly would rather see the Bears just use one high draft pick than go out & make the same mistake twice by overpaying an insane price tag for another overrated QB.

lulz

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was about to complain about stupid off-season threads, but......

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guy isn't even a top 20 QB on NFL.com as of right now, has been outplayed by a 40 y/o backup QB, who was deathly ill i might add, but you have to think at some point in the next few years he puts it back together.

I don't see the Colts even thinking about letting him go, I'm just curious as to what others think of him now.

However, it's pretty obvious Pagano and Grigson are fired even if they make the playoffs, which will likely be 1 and done.

I would absolutely give a number 1 and see if he could be gotten back on track... but there is a possibility the league is figuring out his weaknesses and he might just wind up as Stafford-like... big numbers both good and bad, typical heartbreaking gunslinger games to go with the good ones.

no matter what, he winds up better than stafford, but the possibility of his turnovers remaining high is definitely there. all in all a good guy to have with great skills both running and throwing, always going to be pretty good, likely even really good, and potentially great if he gets a little smarter.

Liked Posts:

You know when I say I believe that he's over rated that doesn't mean I don't believe he's not a good QB. Luck is a very good good QB. I just don't believe that he's worth the three first round picks a franchise would have to offer to pull it off or even just to get Indy to think about it.

I see a lot of fans all too willing to put Luck in that "elite QB" class among names like Rodgers, Brady, Brees in his prime, & Manning in his prime also. IMO Luck is not as good as the mentioned QB's. Not yet anyway. Throwing for over 4000 in a season is not the feat that it used to be, & he does have his fare share of turnovers.

Now that being said, he has lead the Colts to the postseason every season he's been in the pros. Unfortunately for the Bears that would be the focal point that would drive the price tag for him through the roof. Cutler had never been to the postseason & he cost the Bears Orton, two firsts & a third. I believe a Luck bidding would start at at least 3 firsts. I don't believe that he's worth that or more for a team in the Bears position.

For the Colts having Luck is great & they have their future first round picks & full clips of 7 picks in each draft to use to build around him. If by some insane event that the Bears were to trade for Luck, I do believe that it would hurt them more than it would help them being the team that they currently are not only in need of a new QB but a number of other things like OLB, CB, OT, DT/DE, SS, & WR.

I like what Pace did in the last draft. Even though I wouldn't have taken Kevin White with the first pick & would have went with a defender instead, I still like White & think he'll eventually end up a decent WR, I love the Goldman, Grasu, Langford & Amos picks. So I like what Pace did, & yes I want to see him take a shot drafting his own product at QB while maintaining all of the picks the Bears really need to build around any QB they will have.

Luck is a very good QB I love his character, & his gamesmanship. Without a doubt. But I don't personally believe that he'll be worth "elite QB" price tag it would take to pry him from Indy, to put him in a position where the Bears will then lack some important resources in the draft to build around him after making a trade.