What would you trade for Calvin Johnson?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Id cream. They royally fucked brady's weapons since the last SB.

I think there could be a similar performance by Johnson that Moss had with Brady. Sometimes I wonder just how crazy Brady's numbers could have been if he had weapons like Peyton and other QB's have had throughout their careers.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
I'd trade Marshall and a 3rd.

They wouldn't take it. But I'd rather have the younger duo of Johnson-Jeffery, because Calvin and Brandon would both produce similar numbers and impact.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade Marshall and a 3rd.

They wouldn't take it. But I'd rather have the younger duo of Johnson-Jeffery, because Calvin and Brandon would both produce similar numbers and impact.

LOL What?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We gave up more for Jay Cutler

Which was a massive mistake. Why make another one? Obviously Megatron is 1,000,000x the player Cutler is, but when you have two elite receivers starting already, why waste all these resources?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which was a massive mistake. Why make another one? Obviously Megatron is 1,000,000x the player Cutler is, but when you have two elite receivers starting already, why waste all these resources?

Depends what the trade is for really. Say you can flip Marshall and some picks for a younger healthier more explosive WR do you do it? This isn't a general issue. It all depends on the packages involved.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and they were dangling Suh before the draft. September can't come quick enough.

Mitchapalooza

I wouldn't. CJ is definitely the better receiver, but like Mick said, why bother when we have 2 elite WRs already? Use those picks for something else. But I really hope he does get traded lol

Sent from Cuba

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't. CJ is definitely the better receiver, but like Mick said, why bother when we have 2 elite WRs already? Use those picks for something else. But I really hope he does get traded lol

Sent from Cuba
Because you can flip your older WR with a hip problem for a younger better elite WR as part of the process perhaps?

Mitchapalooza

Because you can flip your older WR with a hip problem for a younger better elite WR as part of the process perhaps?

I understand that. It would depend on what picks. If they wanted a 1st + others and marshall forget it. It's intriguing but I don't think I'd do it

mecha

Liked Posts:
is Calvin Johnson the locker room presence that Marshall has been since he's with the Bears?

would he have elevated Jeffery? Wilson? would there be as much unity on the offensive side of the ball?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we needed WR help than I would trade whatever but we have two beast already and hopefully a third beast in Wilson. I hope they trade him to Cleveland

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You saw the CJ cap number next year right?1

If a team traded for Johnson, the cap number would only be $5M this year, $12.5M in 2015, $16M in 2016 and would continue to go up until it peaked at $18.25M in 2019.

For Detroit, his cap number is $13M this year, $20.5M in 2015, $24M in 2016, etc.

Basically, it's about $8M a year more for Detroit because they still have to take the prorated cap hit from his signing bonus. That ends in 2017, since the bonus can only be prorated for five years.

If they trade or cut him, all of the dead money hits the cap at once. That's why there would be a $16M net cap loss ($29M in dead money - $13M in salary) if they got rid of him this year. They wouldn't gain $16M in cap space by trading him. They would lose $16M.

And Detroit only has $1.4M in cap space. If they traded Johnson tomorrow, they would be about $14.6M OVER the cap. They can't make this move.