Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't see how you can't address both the line and the QB in the same offseason... get a QB that you like this year and if you haven't addressed the line completely, you still have the next draft. I don't expect the new QB to start ahead of Foles this year if the line is shit. Let Foles take those hits.
first, make the oline strong as a rock for your soon to be QB, then draft and let the QB grow behind that line so he can learn and life a healthy QB life, and then when it's time to let guys on the oline go via FA, you get your money worth or not from the QB and really see what's he is made of after years of being well protected instead of just straight in the fire with a QB year one. If so called Qb sucks in the process then you know it's time to develop another Qb and sign or draft one while we still have an OLINE. This is what I think, people cant comprehend.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, they need OL too, but it is possible to build a workable OL fairly quick. Regardless, the Bears need to spend every pick on offense next year. They need a QB and a new RB and a new OL. Hopefully they keep ARob. Honestly, the receiving corps looks pretty damn good. I would love, LOVE to see the Bears come away with Wilson and Etienne with their first two picks, but I'm not sure either will be there when they draft.
we need 3 tackles IMO. and that's just for starters around here. draft 2 and sign a vet for both tackle spots.
and RB and TE are needed too if we keep A-rob like you said.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
just look at what happened to JOE BURROWS..he's lucky he'll be able to play again.

NO O-LINE = DEAD QB.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
we need 3 tackles IMO. and that's just for starters around here. draft 2 and sign a vet for both tackle spots.
and RB and TE are needed too if we keep A-rob like you said.

I still think the Bears are set with Whitehair and Daniels, despite how bad Whitehair has been this year. Need another really good guard, then grab tackles as well. As much as Leno sucks, they can get by if the middle is real strong, so I'd like to see another guard and Massie replaced before Leno. If they can fix all three this offseason, and I think they can with FA and the draft, the offense can turn into a strength in the near future.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
problem is, Law doesn't want to play for jets, he sure as fuck aint gonna want to come here. not til at least we get the oline fixed then maybe we can get FA's and other players to come to chicago.
When did he tell you this?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly
Id pull a ditka and trade the whole draft if i had too yes we need a ton but Lawrence is a once inna lifetime qb imo guy has it all big arm hes accurate hes mobile has good speed great awareness fucking could go on and on

That being said the jets arent coming off that pick for those same reasons i mentioned above
One whole draft wouldn't come close.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think the Bears are set with Whitehair and Daniels, despite how bad Whitehair has been this year. Need another really good guard, then grab tackles as well. As much as Leno sucks, they can get by if the middle is real strong, so I'd like to see another guard and Massie replaced before Leno. If they can fix all three this offseason, and I think they can with FA and the draft, the offense can turn into a strength in the near future.
Cody is not a major force at the point of attack. Obviously, he stays because he's simply VG but I wonder if he could play LT like he excelled at in college. Yes I know that was not an NFL projection due to his arms being 2" shorter than Leno's but he's the same size otherwise and wouldn't be the 1st short armed LT. He was a great college LT and outperformed the ones that got drafted ahead of him.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing if this staff is still here. Could we trade them?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It’s like people don’t want the Bears to ever have a good qb.
The Bears had a once in a lifetime QB at there disposal in the draft and fucked it like they do everything. Even if this team drafted Lawrence they would sure as hell find a way to ruin his full potential like keeping the likes of Pace and Nagy around.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
major problem..if you sit qb for a year while tryin to rebuild the oline and find out that the QB sucks a year later...................
we'll be fucked for other 40 plus years.

Dramatic much?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again this isn't hard.....

In order of priority:

1. Find QB
2. Fix Oline.

You ALWAYS take the QB first if a good one is there. Work on #2 if a good one isn't there. If you get a good QB but the Oline is shit you sit him for a year. QB's play until they're 35 and up now. One year learning on the bench won't be an issue.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again this isn't hard.....

In order of priority:

1. Find QB
2. Fix Oline.

You ALWAYS take the QB first if a good one is there. Work on #2 if a good one isn't there. If you get a good QB but the Oline is shit you sit him for a year. QB's play until they're 35 and up now. One year learning on the bench won't be an issue.
exactly...and Foles is here another year anyway, if the oline isn't ready,. let him take the beating.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
just look at what happened to JOE BURROWS..he's lucky he'll be able to play again.

NO O-LINE = DEAD QB.

You do realize that can happen to a QB with a very good O-line right??

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You do realize that can happen to a QB with a very good O-line right??
you realize this is exactly what people are crying about right now? everyone is pissed off because the Qb dont have time behind the oline.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you aint heard? it was everywhere on sport sites.
I didn't see it anywhere. Just googled it too and didn't find anything.

You do realize that this is the internet and you cannot just keep making shit up?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn't see it anywhere. Just googled it too and didn't find anything.

You do realize that this is the internet and you cannot just keep making shit up?
do you not remember the thread on ccs about trevor saying he might stay in school for another year???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Just googled it too and didn't find anything. "
SURE YOU DID.

Last edited: