What You Want to Improve on Week Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
I just want our team to hold onto the ball. Without all those fumbles this game is a complete route and the play at the end is a non-issue.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O-line,running game,receivers hopefully knowing their routes a bit more and turnovers.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would like to see the safeties execute as needed in Lovie's defense. Daniel Manning didn't get over quick enough to help against Johnson on that possible TD catch. He was late. He had a decent game otherwise from what I saw but missing on plays like that can cause problems.

That is of course assuming that the Bears planned to double Megatron and not leave one CB on him. The Bears had to know the Lions were going to Johnson. If the Bears coaching staff didn't know...this is going to be a long, long season.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see our tackles not watch the play and actually block. you wanna watch, buy a fuckin ticket like the rest of us.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'd love to see our tackles not watch the play and actually block. you wanna watch, buy a fuckin ticket like the rest of us.

I don't think their ineptitude today was a result of a lack of wanting to perform well, it's just that, well, they're inept. Their poor play reflects at least as much on the organization that put this crap-fest together and told us "they're fine, they're great, we're great" as it does the players themselves.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
According to Mike Tice, Omiyale graded out the highest of all the linemen in training camp. But yeah, he's really bad, what an atrociously obvious "SEEE?!?!?! We're spending money, now go throw down cash on some season ticket waiting lists!!" move.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see the receiving get better. There was not a lot of trust yet between Cutler and them at all from what I saw. But perhaps that has a lot to do with the new coordinator being there. Maybe they are still working their way into the grooves of the system? But obviously, the Bears receivers are generally undersized and not very good at all.

The other things I'd like to see improve are the pass protection and the offensive line in general. The Bears offense is horrible against the goal line defense (and inside the red-zone in general).

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
:rolling:
No...
Mike Jenkins and Terrence Newman are a great CB tandem. Ware is an explosive pass rusher and Ratliff is the best pass rushing NT in football IMO.

Terrance Newman is not "great." I'll take Suh over Ratliff.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Mike Tice, Omiyale graded out the highest of all the linemen in training camp. But yeah, he's really bad, what an atrociously obvious "SEEE?!?!?! We're spending money, now go throw down cash on some season ticket waiting lists!!" move.

God he is awful. There must have been a reason he wasn't starting in Carolina............ oh yea 1.) He had a pro bowl player in front of him and 2.) He fuckin sucks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Whatever is forcing Cutler to hang on to the ball forever needs to change. Whether it's Jay's fault or the WRs not being open, he can't stand back in the pocket for 5-6 seconds trying to find a guy open (especially with our OLine).

Improve on that and the turnovers, and in my eternally-optimistic eyes I could see the Bears pulling the upset ... especially after the way Dallas played last night.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see the receiving get better. There was not a lot of trust yet between Cutler and them at all from what I saw.

The other things I'd like to see improve are the pass protection and the offensive line in general.

Me. too. Cutler was 23-35-1(int) for 372 yds and a 108.3 passer rating against the Lions. This, in spite of the fact that he had poor blocking, hung on to the ball too long, a few passes were dropped that should of been caught (one for a TD), and passers were running the wrong routes!

Even without the 89 yd TD pass to Forte, can you imagine what this offense would be like if the blocking was decent, and Cutler and the receivers were on the same page?!

SCARY!
scary-maze-game-tribute.jpg

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:turrible:

Grading fail.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Chris Williams shown the exit door.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
At this point I vote for the entire "O" line. If they don't jell soon it will be a long season for Jay & our RB's.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
O-Line is very much the key to next weekend..The second most important key is WRs running the correct routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.