Whats the deal with Floyd?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He was a bit of a project coming out, seen more for his athletic ability and potential rather than actual production on the field in the form of sacks, forced fumbles, etc. He's a pretty well rounded player but he hasn't realized his athletic potential in the form of rushing the passer. This project hasn't come together. What's disheartening is that he showed more flashes last year than he has this year.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't care how fast you can run if you can't get them sacks!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
His hand is still broken but Fangio keeps sending him out to coverage so he's not getting sacks.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I figured the addition of Mack might help Floyd break out. Instead, he seems to have disappeared. I'd like to see more Lynch and maybe some Fitts if he's ever healthy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't understand why he's gone to this level after at least being a serviceable OLB for us when he's been healthy. He's never produced to top 10 pick level but at least he was still producing for us at a first round pick level even if it was a mid to lower round pick level. Fangio does have him drop back quite a bit in coverage but he's still rushing enough that he should be getting QB hits if not getting sacks. The last couple of games nobody playing opposite Mack has been doing anything significant, i haven't seen A.Lynch do a damn thing either. Also these last two games K.Mack has been lining up on the right side of the line much more then the left where he was dominant at for the first 4 games so no idea why Fangio made that move either. L.Floyd is playing himself out of getting his 5th year option picked up for sure.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why he's gone to this level after at least being a serviceable OLB for us when he's been healthy. He's never produced to top 10 pick level but at least he was still producing for us at a first round pick level even if it was a mid to lower round pick level. Fangio does have him drop back quite a bit in coverage but he's still rushing enough that he should be getting QB hits if not getting sacks. The last couple of games nobody playing opposite Mack has been doing anything significant, i haven't seen A.Lynch do a damn thing either. Also these last two games K.Mack has been lining up on the right side of the line much more then the left where he was dominant at for the first 4 games so no idea why Fangio made that move either. L.Floyd is playing himself out of getting his 5th year option picked up for sure.

you mean you admit that Pace drafted the wrong guy?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I figured the addition of Mack might help Floyd break out. Instead, he seems to have disappeared. I'd like to see more Lynch and maybe some Fitts if he's ever healthy.

I want to see I.Irving but i don't think he's been on the active list one time yet this year.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick blasts former Bears 1st-round pick Leonard Floyd

Leonard Floyd is having an absolutely abysmal start to the 2018 season. He has zero sacks and just two quarterback pressures through six games – terrible by any standard.

The former first-round pick was supposed to be a Von Miller-type player in Chicago. Instead, he’s been more like Shea McClellin in recent weeks.

NFL analyst Louis Riddick, in an appearance Wednesday on ESPN 1000’s “Waddle and Silvy Show,” didn’t hold back when offering his opinion on Floyd’s play this year.

“Leonard Floyd? You better start doing something,” Riddick said. “You better start acting like you want to play. You better start acting like at the point of attack you’re someone who wants to take the fight to the offense instead of them just ragdolling you and pushing you all over the place and high-lowing you. Basically, it looked like they’re punking him out there.

“Look, I loved Leonard Floyd’s athleticism coming out of Georgia. I loved it. But man, I’m sitting here, I’m watching you at the point of attack and I’m seeing people just mashing you. You got to be better than that.”

Floyd’s been hampered by a fractured hand early this season and has only recently shed the protective club that’s been blamed for his slow start as a pass rusher.

But the tape doesn’t lie, and no one watches more of it than Riddick. His assessment of Floyd is unfortunate and hard to listen to for the die-hard Bears fan, but it’s right on the money.

Floyd has to play better. He’s not even an average pass rusher right now. He’s a fringe starter, at best, who’s doing his best work against the run and in coverage.

Not exactly what the Bears thought they were getting with their first-round pick, and at this rate, he won’t make it to a second contract in Chicago.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even just watching him on and off the field, he strikes me as someone who doesn't care. Not to be a meatball or whatever, he just nonchalantly goes about his business. Even on the field, he half asses it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio needs to let him rush the passer all game long so we can get a clue what he is and what he can do.

Not trending well right now, but Fangio is so passive that Floyd plays more DB than DE.

CBEARS32

Liked Posts:
Floyd is undersized and does not have a good 1st step. He gets mauled by most tackles once they get their hands on him. He is a total loss in coverage. Pace and the Great Fangio thought he would be The next Aldon Smith.

He simply does not have The Warrior Spirit some on here are looking for.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
The funniest and sad thing I've noticed is when he hits a RB or receiver he will stand over them or try and intimidate them, (or body slam them) like he's a badass But then goes back to the line and ends up getting pancaked, steamrolled or just pushed out of the way like a lil kid getting told " your not big enough for this ride, maybe next year jimmy" He is definitely our weak link on the line.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Im holding out until the end of the season to hope for improvement.

No one has been getting pressures the last two weeks, not just him. Kind of hard to get a pressure going when the opposing qb gets the ball out a second after the snap. Fangio is as much to blame for his poor play as he is.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only thing I remember Floyd doing all year is his Hulk Hogan leg drop tackle. He's been, by all accounts, below average across the board during his career.