Whats the deal with Floyd?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He was OK when the defense was elite but if Hicks, Mack, Goldman etc aren't dominant then Floyd just gets exposed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio needs to let him rush the passer all game long so we can get a clue what he is and what he can do.

Not trending well right now, but Fangio is so passive that Floyd plays more DB than DE.

No he doesn't. He has rushed the passer 134 times on 179 drop backs. So he is rushing the passer on 75% of passing downs he has played. That is perfectly fine for your 2nd OLB in a 3-4. He simply has sucked balls doing it and there is no reason to increase his pass rush snaps until he proves he can actually provide pressure.

Out of 111 edge players, the dude is ranked 110 in terms of pass rush productivity as his rate is 1.6% ie he gets pressure on just 1.6% of rushes. Again that is 110 out of 111 players. Lynch gets pressure on 6% of his pass rushes which is 54th. That is in less snaps and basically means he gets pressure 3 times more than Floyd. Mack has been shit the past two games and yet still is 5th out of 110 with 9.6% so basically 5 times more productive than Floyd.

So Floyd has been straight garbage. Got nothing to do with how Fangio is using him.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I dont see him doing much...is he hurt and they aren't sayin?
Not sure. The hand has to have an effect.

But one thing's for sure... he better stop laying on the field with his giraffe legs spread out, like I've seen him do, because it's going to get stepped or fallen on, and he's going to get hurt.

Floyd needs to do plenty of his Gumby bends around the corner. Heck his 1st/2nd yrs I remember seeing him knock OL backward with a control push, he was stronger (then) than I thought he was. Not seeing it now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I was never a fan of the Floyd pick. Granted I wanted Shaq Lawson and he hasn’t turned out great either but I always thought Floyd was too small to be an elite pass rusher like drafted him to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
That entire draft is shit. The next best player drafted after Floyd was Will Fuller V at 21.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leonard Floyd QB rushes:

1. Designed screen pass
2. Designed screen pass
3. Initial double team/chip block from the RB (QB scramble)
4. Initial double team/chip block from the RB (QB 3 step drop)
5. LEGIT PASS RUSH OPP #1 - beats RT inside and hurries the QB
6. LEGIT PASS RUSH OPP #2 - beats RT around the edge but QB is able to step up in pocket
7. Double teamed by TE
8. LEGIT PASS RUSH OPP #3 - no pressure
9. LEGIT PASS RUSH OP #4 - no pressure
10. Designed screen pass
11. Designed 3 step drop to other side of field
12. Unblocked RRH causes immediate throw away INT

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Did anyone hear Matt Miller's evaluation of Floyd on the Score today. He called him a bust and said Pace should try and trade him for a 3rd or a 4th!

casinnova

Liked Posts:
Heck his 1st/2nd yrs I remember seeing him knock OL backward with a control push, he was stronger (then) than I thought he was. Not seeing it now.

maybe his broken hand has hurt his strength training a bit? I figure they have some workarounds, but can you really lift to your full potential with a broken hand? Aren't the hands really important in Dline vs Oline? I am not defending him... I barely know who he is... Turned off the bears for the last few years. LUL

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
maybe his broken hand has hurt his strength training a bit? I figure they have some workarounds, but can you really lift to your full potential with a broken hand? Aren't the hands really important in Dline vs Oline? I am not defending him... I barely know who he is... Turned off the bears for the last few years. LUL
No doubt, you're not going to punch the OL with your fractured hand. Probably not gonna swat the OL arms with that arm at all. Maybe he's better off with the club.

oober

Liked Posts:
Wonder if Floyd can catch a ball? Good athletes have become pretty good TE's..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When was the defense elite?

For a half against Green Bay/Kizer. Other than that, it's been Fangio getting outclassed by opposing offenses.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
He’s 122 pounds, has a broken hand and CTE. Not a good combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk