What's wrong with Trestman?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thought it was interesting that during the Vikes game Rich Gannon was questioning a lot of what was going on and he has been one of the bigger proponents of Trestman's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
As someone who is pretty neutral on him, what do you find so terrible about Trestman that he needs to go after this year? Is it the decision to keep Tucker? To me that seems like more of a Chicago Bears/Emery decision than a HC decision. The offense? It's clearly a QB issue. The screwed up time management? The uneven play-calling?

I'm just curious what the tipping point was for people. The blowouts suck, but then again I never expected Trestman to be a defense guy, and the DC and personnel are bad. I'm more disappointed in the organization and their decisions as a whole, but for one reason or another haven't focused my disdain specifically on Trestman. What are your thoughts?

Horrible offensive play cling for starters. Too many passes and not enuff runs. For a so called offensive guru his play calling is predictable, conservative and questionable. We went from awesome to horrible in 1 yr on offense. Complete regression. I know jay has turnovers but it seems he needs a QB to play perfect to perform in his system with all the passing he does. Not playing to cutlers strength which is getting outside the pocket. No play actions, no rollouts.. No no huddle. Team can't score over 24 a game now. Cutler with Martz looked better! He wants cutler to be mr 70% completion with no turnover while throwing the ball 40+ times. Not realistic on a weekly Basis if youDon't run. Oh how many times are we Goimg to waste a possession by sitting on the ball at half time? For a team not scoring and with the worst defense it makes no sense! I won't even get into the locker room side of things.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team quit on him after he told them to fight for every millimeter.

Also he doesn't yell fuck enough to be a true leader of men.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me he seems like a great quarter back coach, and even good at drawing up plays. He might even become a decent head coach if he would give up calling the plays, and spend more time focusing on the entire team. Right now its obvious that he needs to spend most of his time helping the ST coaches and defensive position coaches get on the same page.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As someone who is pretty neutral on him, what do you find so terrible about Trestman that he needs to go after this year? Is it the decision to keep Tucker? To me that seems like more of a Chicago Bears/Emery decision than a HC decision. The offense? It's clearly a QB issue. The screwed up time management? The uneven play-calling?

I'm just curious what the tipping point was for people. The blowouts suck, but then again I never expected Trestman to be a defense guy, and the DC and personnel are bad. I'm more disappointed in the organization and their decisions as a whole, but for one reason or another haven't focused my disdain specifically on Trestman. What are your thoughts?

-47 yard FG on 2nd down
-Ravens game - very well could have lost due to not calling timeouts. Gave a 2 minute speech about it ciiting probability as the reason why he didn't (which proves he has no idea what he is talking about)
-Injured Jay Detroit game
-Stating the team was 0-0 when they were 2-0.
-80-7
-Losing record
-No playoffs
-He vaccinates the team of success
-Grow the man, grow the ball
-Multiple time management mistakes
-Doesn't seem to adjust in games
-Rarely, if ever, takes blame
-Timeouts need to be used in succession according to Trestman (yet he never does)
-Doesn't believe in a rivalry
-He's creepy

There's a quick list. I'm sure it could be a lot longer.

I also don't like that he is given credit for Gannon when Gannon was a two time pro bowler already but that's not really Trestman's fault.

As a Packer fan I should love this guy as the Bears coach yet I can't stand him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
if you really want to know whats wrong with trestman, read the article in today's sun times about lovie - Lovie had to go, but for this guy??? There's no way trestman inspires that kind of passion and loyalty.

Then read this article for the sum up:

http://shoopster.bearshq.com/2014/11/19/in-lovie-ing-memory/

I enjoyed that- and believe it too- Lovie left and Emery hired a figurehead in Tucker- to me it was painfully obvious- Let the inmates run the asylum on D and Trestman will bring MAgic to the Offense

and magic it was- but not at the ungodly expense of the D- injuries schminjieries this fucking team is breaking defensive shithole records you and I have never heard of. 1923 Rochester jefffersons? them and this years Bears are the only 2 teams to have 50 points jerked off on them in back to back weeks?? what in the fuck?

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Shanahan- he has that belief in Cutler and the 2 titles to work this out- He might kill forte in the process but i'll bet even Matt would tell you its worth it if he has a ring

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
if you are looking for a shorter thread, then ask the question "what's right with Trestman"?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Digressed in second season, special teams and defense still garbage, should never be getting blown out by division opponent .

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I put this another thread:

I think Trestman will be given another year, unfortunately.

Remember in 2009 when Lovie had a bad year and had to settle for Martz as OC (his former HC), albeit under Angelo. Then we went to the NFC Championship game, but lost. That bought Lovie some time, same thing will happen with Trestman.

Trestman will fire Tucker and hopefully DeCamillas too.

But in my opinion, everyone should be fired including Teddy on down.

That's why I hope we lose out and get a good draft pick and bring in a guy who knows NFL football, instead of an accountant who hires a "consultant team" to hire a GM to hire a HC who has been out of the NFL for 10 years to coach this roster. Emery did fine in recuiting, but hasn't done enough as a GM to ascertain a good Coaching team. He's a scout, plain and simple, not good enough to find a HC, and that's what makes a great/ good GM. Show's you what Teddy and his "consultant team" know.

Trestman has lost this team, and it's shown on and off the field. He has to go. From his clock management, his comments in pressers, and overall morale of the team.

I had pipe dreams of him turning this around, but it just hasn't panned out. George McCaskey needs to clean house.

And if he doesn't the family will feel the heat, even if we finish 8-8.

cd35

Liked Posts:
What's not wrong? Is there one thing that's positive that he's doing? I'm sure he's a fantastical good guy but it's gotten absurd.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
What's not wrong? Is there one thing that's positive that he's doing? I'm sure he's a fantastical good guy but it's gotten absurd.

What's not wrong, IS that? The players having a kumba ya moment, and trying to find themselve, means there isn't cohesiveness between each phases of the game - Offense, Defense, and ST- which falls ultimately on the HC! He needs to go, it's not working. Morale is gone.

Don't let the win last week from the Vikings sway you. It's there in the game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the tough question.

Trestman should work.

But it just doesn't.

GB was the final straw for me.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I personally think Emery set him up for failure, and this teams issues are much more on Emery than Trestman. No HC is going to succeed with both Tucker at DC and Cutler at QB. All the leadership in the world isn't going to suddenly make Tucker worth a damn, or make Cutler capable of running his O.