When and Who Should the Bears Draft at CB?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
When and who should the Bears draft at cornerback? I was thinking about Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the third round? Thoughts?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your going to have one of the top 2 available at 14, I would be happy with Gilbert or Dennard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When and who should the Bears draft at cornerback? I was thinking about Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the third round? Thoughts?

I like this idea. Matt Bowen said if he gets his hands on the receiver, it is over. I want Donald at 14.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm torn on CB because the Bears have a lot of young CB's and we have no idea if they are any good yet. It could be a complete waste of a draft pick if they grab a CB early only to find out that they already have a good player waiting to break out. The Bears need size and speed at the CB position, so I don't want Dennard at #14. If the Bears must take a CB early I like Gilbert at #14 based on size/speed/ball skills. If Bradley Robey is there at #51 you take him no questions asked. Other than size I'm not too excited about SJB.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I like Kyle Fuller or Darqueze Dennard in round 1, Bradley Roby or Jason Verrett in round 2, Keith McGill or Pierre Desir or Bashaud Breeland in round 3, Phillip Gaines in round 4.

Louchiez Purifoy, Victor Hampton, Antone Exum, Ricardo Allen, and Aaron Colvin would also be on my radar. There is a ton of CB depth this year.

Fuller / Verrett / Gaines are my favorites in terms of value. I also think Fuller is the best CB in this class.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I like Kyle Fuller or Darqueze Dennard in round 1, Bradley Roby or Jason Verrett in round 2, Keith McGill or Pierre Desir or Bashaud Breeland in round 3, Phillip Gaines in round 4.

Louchiez Purifoy, Victor Hampton, Antone Exum, Ricardo Allen, and Aaron Colvin would also be on my radar. There is a ton of CB depth this year.

Fuller / Verrett / Gaines are my favorites in terms of value. I also think Fuller is the best CB in this class.
Kyle Fuller in the first over Verret and Robey? Any particular reason?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller in the first over Verret and Robey? Any particular reason?

Fuller is the complete package. I expect Verrett to slide because of his lack of size and his labrum injury, and I expect Roby to slide because of his inconsistent 2013. I don't know if either will be around at 51 but I think there's a better chance they are than Fuller is.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Donald at #14, so I think Ward or Bucannon at #51 is the way to go. OR, I like McGill a lot in the 3rd.

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
1. Donald
2. Buccanon/Loston
3. Jean-Baptiste

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fuller is the complete package. I expect Verrett to slide because of his lack of size and his labrum injury, and I expect Roby to slide because of his inconsistent 2013. I don't know if either will be around at 51 but I think there's a better chance they are than Fuller is.

Kyle Fuller is a beast. The problem is he's probably not worth the 14th pick but there's no way he's there in the 2nd round. Verrett will never be drafted by the Bears. He might be smaller than Jennings. I went to two TCU games this year. He can really cover but there is no way the Bears could run him out there with Jennings.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this moment we have no starting CB across from Tim Jennings.

I would say rather than starting a raw 3 rd round pick because he is big, we should draft a top player in round 1 who can start right away. Just me thinking that the 2nd most important position in defense should not be filled by a no body or a mid round pick.

Gilbert
Dennard

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it really comes down to Donald or Gilbert/Dennard at #14. If all there are there, do we move back three? Or just take the best of those? Torn. I'm really digging Donald and feel like Verrett, Fuller or Roby in the 2nd would be fine.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
I think we still get Tillman back. If he is going to get vet min I think he will stay in Chicago. He has his family already here, he has been apart of many community projects, and his foundation work will play into his decision.

If this does occur, I want Baptiste so he can learn under Tillman for a year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fuller is the real deal. Has a history of injuries, but he's very underrated. Won't go as far as saying he's the best CB, but he's my #3 behind Gilbert and Dennard. He's a 1st round talent.

I also think someone reaches on Jean Baptiste due to his size. No way he's there at 82.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
1st - Donald/Gilbert/Dennard
2nd - Bucannon/Ward/Verret/Martin

At this point, you have to address CB, S, and/or DT in the first two rounds.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Fuller is the real deal. Has a history of injuries, but he's very underrated. Won't go as far as saying he's the best CB, but he's my #3 behind Gilbert and Dennard. He's a 1st round talent.

I also think someone reaches on Jean Baptiste due to his size. No way he's there at 82.
I like Verret and Robey over Fuller. Robey made some mistakes but he has elite athleticism, good technique, and great ball skills. Watched him doing the drills at the combine and he looks much better than Fuller who's a little taller but not the same level athlete or ball skills. I think there is a good chance Gilbert,Dennard,Verrett,Robey, and Fuller are all gone before #51.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Kyle Fuller is a beast. The problem is he's probably not worth the 14th pick but there's no way he's there in the 2nd round. Verrett will never be drafted by the Bears. He might be smaller than Jennings. I went to two TCU games this year. He can really cover but there is no way the Bears could run him out there with Jennings.

I don't think that's a problem necessarily. It Fuller is Emery's guy but emery doesn't feel he's worth the 14th pick / Fuller could be had later, then a trade down for extra picks would work out pretty well. Fuller + a 3rd >> Gilbert in my book any day of the week