In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
There's just no DE's worthy of the 14th pick.
That all depends on what scheme the Bears will run, 6'5 255 OLB/DE Anthony Barr would be a possibility.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Melton walking is really handicapping our draft options. If we had him back we'd have the option to go BPA at 14 instead of having to go DT.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
That all depends on what scheme the Bears will run, 6'5 255 OLB/DE Anthony Barr would be a possibility.

Yes, I take that back. If a guy like Barr falls then you take him. I was going on the assumption that guys like he and Clowney would be gone already.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yes, I take that back. If a guy like Barr falls then you take him. I was going on the assumption that guys like he and Clowney would be gone already.
Barr really dropped after the combine, his pro day wiped that out and he's rising. I can see him being there at #14.

Kodiak

Liked Posts:
I think Will Clarke is a decent prospect that could develop, but I don't think we have to use a 3rd on him, 4th at the earliest, maybe he slides to 5th or 6th.

Who knows. I sure don't. But... in a weak DE draft class, he had a great Senior Bowl week. Good combine. Ran a 4.72 and 4.75 at 6'6", 270. Three-cone drill better than Clowney. Scheme versatile. Can move inside. Strong, and fast off the edge. CBSSports has him as the 107th best player with a designation of 3-4 round. He sounds like an Emery pick. And, Picking 17 in the 4th, will he still be there?

Just a theory. I'm only an armchair draft pundit.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
If there is a clear case of a DE being BPA then before but right now DT, S, CB are all bigger needs...

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Melton walking is really handicapping our draft options. If we had him back we'd have the option to go BPA at 14 instead of having to go DT.

Since when has Emery shown he goes BPA in the first round of the draft?

Kodiak

Liked Posts:
Barr really dropped after the combine, his pro day wiped that out and he's rising. I can see him being there at #14.

I hope he is there at #14. The Bears should pick Barr at 14, if he is there. Especially considering Paul Pasqualoni groomed DeMarcus Ware when he was coach at Dallas and had success... Barr is similar in stature and athleticism. Raw talent for him and D-line coach Hurtt to mold.

DE Barr and CB Gilbert are the only two selections that would stop Emery from trading down, IMO. A third being, maybe DT Donald.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
DT in the first round even if we re-sign Melton.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not until the 3rd round at the earliest... DT/S with the first two picks... My guess... Honestly though... I'm thinking next draft.