When will the offense catch on?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We all know or should have known that a young QB in a new system would be a work in progress. I'm ok with that and Trubs. It's the rest of the offense that is not as good as expected. Our run game is bad, our WRs are not separating, no TE threats, Our oline is not run blocking. Burton is a bust. Gab a waste of money, Belnotforme is on the active while Wims is not, our rookie C is not playing or scheduled to play his position anyway. Sims is on the field in crunch time??? Nagy can't manage a clock or use time outs properly. We can't keep our foot on the gas with a lead.

We have talked Trubs to death so lets focus on the other elements of the O for this thread. The (QB has to get better and we all know that) but none of the offense is playing well and the coaching is questionable at times. I feel sorry for any FF players that drafted any of our guys on O.

So how long before we click.

Reactions: Myk

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Going to take every bit of half the season to show where we really are in offensive progress. I hate saying that.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I actually disagree that WRs aren't getting open. They are, it's just up to Trubisky to find them and hit them. So far, it's a huge work in progress. I'm guessing it takes until the second half of the season for the offense to start really picking things up and humming better.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would say after the bye week should give them plenty of time to gel together.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to NextGenStats our WRs are doing well enough against the average in separation from defenders.

So far this year the average distance in yardage for distance between receivers is 2.77 yards....

Our receivers average separation:

Gabriel 3.7

Miller 3.3

Burton 2.7

Robinson 1.9

I think a lot of this is a function of short screens and some well designed plays.....

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Many of the plays are by design... scripted...

We are calling plays this way because we are scratching the surface of the playbook... it's that simple really...

The more you see the more you will get

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We all know or should have known that a young QB in a new system would be a work in progress. I'm ok with that and Trubs. It's the rest of the offense that is not as good as expected. Our run game is bad, our WRs are not separating, no TE threats, Our oline is not run blocking. Burton is a bust. Gab a waste of money, Belnotforme is on the active while Wims is not, our rookie C is not playing or scheduled to play his position anyway. Sims is on the field in crunch time??? Nagy can't manage a clock or use time outs properly. We can't keep our foot on the gas with a lead.

We have talked Trubs to death so lets focus on the other elements of the O for this thread. The (QB has to get better and we all know that) but none of the offense is playing well and the coaching is questionable at times. I feel sorry for any FF players that drafted any of our guys on O.

So how long before we click.

LOL! Where the fuck are you getting this shit???? Do you expect them both to have over 300 yards receiving and 5 TD's a piece after 3 games?????

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
our WRs are not separating

They're getting as much separation as most teams. It doesn't look that way when the QB can't see them, hit them in stride, or throw them open. When you watch offenses with good QBs, their receivers aren't any more separate pre-throw than ours, their QBs are just better.

Edit: I see Modo's post verifies this.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Burton was third string in Phil’s, Shaheen was blocking well in preseason.. all the players on O are in and learning a new system. It should click soon if ever

Washington

Liked Posts:
According to what Nagy and Childress told us, we're still over 4 years from the O being competent. Of course, that was just a CYA on their part.

As the QB masters the O, the O will go. We're a ways away for sure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
According to what Nagy and Childress told us, we're still over 4 years from the O being competent. Of course, that was just a CYA on their part.

As the QB masters the O, the O will go. We're a ways away for sure.

They said it took Smith 5 years to master the offense.

It is going to be awhile. I would like to see them come out of the bye week with some of the obvious misses cleaned up and a better idea of what they can run successfully.

I think this is going to be an up and down season. It is probably going to be down for longer than we want.