When will the offense catch on?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They said it took Smith 5 years to master the offense.

It is going to be awhile. I would like to see them come out of the bye week with some of the obvious misses cleaned up and a better idea of what they can run successfully.

I think this is going to be an up and down season. It is probably going to be down for longer than we want.

But Mahomes was able to master it in one year?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Mahomes was able to master it in one year?

We do not know if he has mastered it. Maybe Mahomes is special.

I agree, that a year is a good place to start to make big picture judgements.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
We all know or should have known that a young QB in a new system would be a work in progress. I'm ok with that and Trubs. It's the rest of the offense that is not as good as expected. Our run game is bad, our WRs are not separating, no TE threats, Our oline is not run blocking. Burton is a bust. Gab a waste of money, Belnotforme is on the active while Wims is not, our rookie C is not playing or scheduled to play his position anyway. Sims is on the field in crunch time??? Nagy can't manage a clock or use time outs properly. We can't keep our foot on the gas with a lead.

We have talked Trubs to death so lets focus on the other elements of the O for this thread. The (QB has to get better and we all know that) but none of the offense is playing well and the coaching is questionable at times. I feel sorry for any FF players that drafted any of our guys on O.

So how long before we click.

You answered your own question. I agree it will take time for a new QB to learn a new system! It will also take time for all the other player to learn such offense. It will also take time for a "ROOKIE' coach to learn how to call his own offense and how to use all of his player. Same goes for the rookie center. I say in week 9 we could start to judge this group as a whole and individual players in that group.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Great thread. "Trub is good, it's everyone else that sucks!"

Ok Trubs plays 11 positions and god forbid we have a thread not on Trubs right. Some of us here watch more then Trubs. We have enough Trub threads I,m trying to have a convo on all things outside QB. You are the only one who said "Trub is good, it's everyone else that sucks!".

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
LOL! Where the fuck are you getting this shit???? Do you expect them both to have over 300 yards receiving and 5 TD's a piece after 3 games?????

Sims replacing Burton at crunch time has me worried. How about you?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Before the season, I was hoping it was going to be coming out of the bye week. After seeing some of the snags, I'm hoping by midseason? Fuck, I don't know.

It would be great to see a big jump this week, considering Trubisky looked pretty terrible, especially in the first half of the Arizona game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Week 10. The defense holds us in games with offense doing just enough to win. Make it into the post season. Post season nerves end it.

The problem with that picture is the Packer player right there saying he would've picked it had it been thrown. Even the Packers are more realistic than some Bear fans about Trubisky.

bertha

Liked Posts:
Loving this thread! sub'd
o.png

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We do not know if he has mastered it. Maybe Mahomes is special.

I agree, that a year is a good place to start to make big picture judgements.

Judging by his stats, I would say Mahomes has it 'mastered' and Smith was simply just proficient.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Judging by his stats, I would say Mahomes has it 'mastered' and Smith was simply just proficient.

You mean the offense mastered it. Mahomes is hitting wide open WRs. The KC offense is exactly the opposite of ours. Their supporting players around Mahomes are playing great. Not taking away from Mahomes but KC is more then just a QB offense.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
The Bears are talking about simplifying the offense. I think that is the biggest problem right now.
For instance, the Bears used zone blocking and ran stretch plays all night against the Pack. Against the Cards, they ran power blocking schemes and ran just about everything between the OT.
It’s impossible to get enough reps at plays in practice when you change so much from game to game.
Get 25 plays you’re great at and then add 5 a week until you’ve got the whole playbook down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When we get a new QB

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm ok with that and Trubs. It's the rest of the offense that is not as good as expected.

Ok Trubs plays 11 positions and god forbid we have a thread not on Trubs right. Some of us here watch more then Trubs. We have enough Trub threads I,m trying to have a convo on all things outside QB. You are the only one who said "Trub is good, it's everyone else that sucks!".

What threads on Trubs right? How can an internet thread have a spacial location?

Claiming to want a conversation about other players, after listing how every one of them is terrible, isn't exactly conducive. For example: how are guys supposed to put up receiving numbers if they aren't thrown the ball? If it makes you feel better, Robinson is on pace for over 1000 yards.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Mastering something has a level of sustainability, we need to see more.

If he doesn’t regress at some point this season I will agree with you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they need the bye to really sit down and cut the playbook down to what everyone can execute at a high level.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mastering something has a level of sustainability, we need to see more.

If he doesn’t regress at some point this season I will agree with you.

The way he's playing now, a regression will take him down to merely an all-pro level...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The way he's playing now, a regression will take him down to merely an all-pro level...

Regressions are not always incremental.

Teams will get film on him, they will change how they play, a weapon may get injured.

He isn’t throwing 80 TDs this season.