Where did all the NFL draft talk go?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
ESPN didn't even create the stat in its current form, it was a combination of formulas and statistical metrics put together by football outsiders and advanced football stats. ESPN just happened to pay the money for the rights to the.

It's all good though I'm certain you thought Cutler had a great pass play to Langford on that 87-yard screen pass for a touchdown, despite the blocking by the OL despite, Wilson's block and despite Langford running for 85-yards and the touchdown I'm sure you'd see that as a play to boost up Cutler's rating. Despite the fact that it was the 10 other guys on the field that did the most work, Cutler gets the most credit for the stats in the box score and within the NFL passer rating statistic.

14th out of 32 by a second year quarterback is pretty damn good in my book. I'm glad it's falling so short of your expectations in your eyes, it truly shows just how stupid you are.

Maybe you should read up on how the ESPN QB rating is tabulated and what type of plays and circumstances go into formulating the final rating. I give you a hint, here's another, if Calvin Johnson catches a five yard slant and races 70 yards for a touchdown, Matthew Stafford won't be getting much credit in his rating for the 70-yards Johnson ran.

You do know that in that same QBR list, Cutler is ranked 9th right? His first year in a new system too.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You do know that in that same QBR list, Cutler is ranked 9th right? His first year in a new system too.

Yes, I'm aware, is there a point to this? Something you'd like to expand upon? A Cutler thread you'd like to start? If it's a Cutler thread you'd like to create, the good news is it only took until he was 32-years-old to have the best season of his career, the bad news Adam Gase could be patrolling the Dolphins sideline next year as head coach.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yes, I'm aware, is there a point to this? Something you'd like to expand upon? A Cutler thread you'd like to start? If it's a Cutler thread you'd like to create, the good news is it only took until he was 32-years-old to have the best season of his career, the bad news Adam Gase could be patrolling the Dolphins sideline next year as head coach.

Because you would rather have Bridgewater than Cutler playing for the Chicago Bears. But Cutler has outplayed Bridgewater in every aspect. I actually like Teddy. He is one of the better young QBs. But I don't think our team would be as good if we drafted him in the first round last year. Bridgewater minus Cutler and Fuller does not make the Bears a better team.

But if you are strictly ONLY talking about Bridgewater being a nice young QB that fits into the Vikings model of run first, good defense style, then cool, I agree.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Because you would rather have Bridgewater than Cutler playing for the Chicago Bears. But Cutler has outplayed Bridgewater in every aspect. I actually like Teddy. He is one of the better young QBs. But I don't think our team would be as good if we drafted him in the first round last year. Bridgewater minus Cutler and Fuller does not make the Bears a better team.

But if you are strictly ONLY talking about Bridgewater being a nice young QB that fits into the Vikings model of run first, good defense style, then cool, I agree.

You really do miss the point don't you? Bridgewater in his second year has already eclipsed two of the three highest ESPN QBR of Cutler's career. Cutler is no longer the the long term option for the Bears. Cutler is having the best season of his career in year 10, Bridgewater is near that level of production in year two. Bridgewater is showing he likely only gets better from here on out and he's doing it without the arm strength that Cutler possesses that people lament Bridgewater not having.

Bridgewater is on a developmental curve to eclipse Cutler as a far better QB and it's yet another thing the. Bears have to deal with, in addition to Cutler's massive contract.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You really do miss the point don't you? Bridgewater in his second year has already eclipsed two of the three highest ESPN QBR of Cutler's career. Cutler is no longer the the long term option for the Bears. Cutler is having the best season of his career in year 10, Bridgewater is near that level of production in year two. Bridgewater is showing he likely only gets better from here on out and he's doing it without the arm strength that Cutler possesses that people lament Bridgewater not having.

Bridgewater is on a developmental curve to eclipse Cutler as a far better QB and it's yet another thing the. Bears have to deal with, in addition to Cutler's massive contract.

I disagree with that. I don't think there is going to be this linear improvement in Bridgewater all the way to say year 5. I think what we are seeing now is close to what he is. And I think what we see in Cutler now is close to what we will see going forward for the next 5 years. Ofcourse, we will see what happens to Bridgewater in the next few years. Cutler's contract at this point no longer hurts the Bears.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

This is amazing draft insight!! Thanks buddy!!!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Biff talking about ESPN QBR like it's not a completely shit stat. I've gotta give you credit, Biff. You are an insufferable twat. But at least you're an idiot, too.

Liked Posts:
he does all the little things right that don't wow people but are important to being successful. he is an amazing route runner, great hands, great speed/acceleration. is he a 6'5 basketball player playing WR that is going to make the sportscenter highlight reel? no

Obviously it's just my opinion, but let me clarify. When I said wow, I didn't mean like OBJ wow. I meant like wow, this is guy is good WR. That's my bad.

Even with that said, I've watched him over the course of a few games now and I think he can he guarded pretty easily by decent slot corners, and I don't see him as a guy that can move outside almost at all. Not a lot of versatility.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I don't know... But I really want Myles Jack in the first round...

I think Joey Bosa is a pipe dream at this point...

We could only pray Shawn Oakman falls to us in the draft... that would be a miracle though....

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I don't know... But I really want Myles Jack in the first round...

I think Joey Bosa is a pipe dream at this point...

We could only pray Shawn Oakman falls to us in the draft... that would be a miracle though....

I think there is a real chance of Oakman being there when the Bears are on the clock as 5-tech appears to be very top heavy. I could see Bosa, Nkemdiche, Robinson and Buckner all off the board before Oakman and that isn't to take anything away from Oakman as a prospect there are just a bunch of studs at his position.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Biff talking about ESPN QBR like it's not a completely shit stat. I've gotta give you credit, Biff. You are an insufferable twat. But at least you're an idiot, too.
He cites that because Bridgewater ranks 34th in TD:INT ratio, 33rd in yards/Gm, 29th in TD's, 24th in passer rating. He's a guy riding the coat tails of the 2nd ranked scoring D and 7th ranked yardage D and a great running back while leading the 31st ranked passing attack.

Sound familiar? Maybe God will talk to him soon about his future.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bears are playing too well right now to think that we will have a shot at anybody in the top 12. Guys like Hargreaves, Ramsey, Myles jack or Jaylon Smith you can pretty much forget about.

Bears will be looking at players like Leonard Floyd and DeForest Buckner.

One guy I think that needs to be looked at is Jason Spriggs out of Indiana. He is a very athletic offensive tackle that is going to climb the draft boards.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Bears are playing too well right now to think that we will have a shot at anybody in the top 12. Guys like Hargreaves, Ramsey, Myles jack or Jaylon Smith you can pretty much forget about.

One guy I think that needs to be looked at is Jason Spriggs out of Indiana. He is a very athletic offensive tackle that is going to climb the draft boards.

You think Jack will go that high? I still see him as a first rounder but coming off injury and without a defined position in college could see him mid to late first.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Bears are playing too well right now to think that we will have a shot at anybody in the top 12.

This is awesome! Imo it's so overlooked that were actual teetering on being a good team 10 weeks into Pace, Fox, Gase and Fangio's first season. Fuck yeah and go Bears!

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
This is awesome! Imo it's so overlooked that were actual teetering on being a good team 10 weeks into Pace, Fox, Gase and Fangio's first season. Fuck yeah and go Bears!

I am not talking anything like playoffs yet though but I am excited at that possibility for next year. I think there is still too big of a talent deficit this year to truly make a run. The Bears next year will basically be getting two first round picks, another batch of FA's that are more suited to the current schemes and another off-season with the current set of coaches (hopefully). Bears should look formidable next season.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You think Jack will go that high? I still see him as a first rounder but coming off injury and without a defined position in college could see him mid to late first.

I just don't see Jack being THAT good. He's a good player but he's been a major benefactor of the hype train ever since he showed up on national TV as a freshman and ran like Adrian Peterson for four touchdowns. His production as a linebacker has been average NFL prospect quality. I don't know if Jack is better than Burfict, Mosley, or Te'o as a linebacker prospect. He's a good player but he's not a guy that I'm tripping over myself to try and land.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He cites that because Bridgewater ranks 34th in TD:INT ratio, 33rd in yards/Gm, 29th in TD's, 24th in passer rating. He's a guy riding the coat tails of the 2nd ranked scoring D and 7th ranked yardage D and a great running back while leading the 31st ranked passing attack.

Sound familiar? Maybe God will talk to him soon about his future.

Owned.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Spriggs is the real deal. He's a slightly lesser clone of former #4 overall pick, Lane Johnson....who is turning into a stud for the Eagles in his 3rd year. Extremely athletic guy. Very long arms, needs to get stronger, but has a little nasty to him and has held his own vs. legit NFL competition in conference play (Bosa, Calhoun, Turay). He will be the talk of the combine for the OL when that time comes too. Wowed at the IU junior combine last year. I had him pegged as the Bears 2nd round pick in my personal mocks when it became clear that the Bears would not be picking high enough for one of the top 2 OTs. But I doubt he gets out of the first at this point.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I am not talking anything like playoffs yet though but I am excited at that possibility for next year. I think there is still too big of a talent deficit this year to truly make a run. The Bears next year will basically be getting two first round picks, another batch of FA's that are more suited to the current schemes and another off-season with the current set of coaches (hopefully). Bears should look formidable next season.
That's what I'm talking about! We got the money! We got the money! We got the money!

We'll add another playmaker at CB in FA and draft a 5 tech in the first round. Resign Alshon fo life. Shit, a 3rd round guard will solidify the oline. A 2nd round or FA ILB and a SS in the 4th will fill out the defense.

Draft a KR/PR and we're a complete team! This arrow is pointed up and when i say up, i mean up yours, we're the Bears! #knucklepunch