Where do we rate in the big 5 areas of hockey?

Liked Posts:
Okay I am a football guy who recently became an NHL fan. I was born in Chicago and I've got some questions for you, the fans. To say I know little about the sport compared to football is an understatement.

Where do we rate from a 1 to 10 wave with 10 being the highest in the flowing key hockey categories?

Center and Wings

Defensemen

Goaltending

Coaching

General manager

We have a lot of work but with a hot draft our future is bright.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Okay I am a football guy who recently became an NHL fan. I was born in Chicago and I've got some questions for you, the fans. To say I know little about the sport compared to football is an understatement.

Where do we rate from a 1 to 10 wave with 10 being the highest in the flowing key hockey categories?

Center and Wings

Defensemen

Goaltending

Coaching

General manager

These are hard to rank because we're in the early stages of a rebuild. If I had to rank them, I would strictly base it on next year, and I'd rank each as: 6 (maybe 7, Bedard alone ups the category by five), 3, 1, 4, 8. It's difficult because half the roster won't be here in a couple years and/or when this team is ready to compete. Blue line, forward core, net -- it will all be radically different when this team is ready to compete. Hopefully one of the current goalie prospects can hit, but I can't bet on it at this point.

Just curious, why did you become a Hawk fan? I mean Florida has a stud team with in my opinion the best player in the game right now in Matthew Tkachuk, why not just root for them?

Liked Posts:
These are hard to rank because we're in the early stages of a rebuild. If I had to rank them, I would strictly base it on next year, and I'd rank each as: 6 (maybe 7, Bedard alone ups the category by five), 3, 1, 4, 8. It's difficult because half the roster won't be here in a couple years and/or when this team is ready to compete. Blue line, forward core, net -- it will all be radically different when this team is ready to compete. Hopefully one of the current goalie prospects can hit, but I can't bet on it at this point.

Just curious, why did you become a Hawk fan? I mean Florida has a stud team with in my opinion the best player in the game right now in Matthew Tkachuk, why not just root for them?

I am an old hockey fan of the Islanders, but that was in to 70's and 80's. My was family however is from Chicago , and I visited the city frequently. I was born there. I always like the Blackhawk logo. The NHL draft drew me in with the top prospect being a once in every five years type, and Chicago lucked out and won the first overall pick. Bedard as the tool to be great.

I guess you can say I finally adopted a Chicago team! Interesting rankings.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I am an old hockey fan of the Islanders, but that was in to 70's and 80's. My was family however is from Chicago , and I visited the city frequently. I was born there. I always like the Blackhawk logo. The NHL draft drew me in with the top prospect being a once in every five years type, and Chicago lucked out and won the first overall pick. Bedard as the tool to be great.

I guess you can say I finally adopted a Chicago team! Interesting rankings.
That makes sense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes out GM an 8 out of 10? That is very good.

Well, this GM doesn't sit in a puddle of blame yet for the squandering of assets over the last decade.

He has committed to growing the team long term through surplus cap moves, draft picks, expelling short term veterans and players who don't fit their plan.

Their plan seems to be skilled players with grit and speed. They lucked into Bedard but they also plotted to hold a decent lottery ticket. They would have been happy to get several players in draft but they lucked into two elite prospects.

I give him high marks for Korchinski, Allen, Del Mastro, Kaiser, protecting Reichel in Rockford cautiously, targeting Moore, coveting him but still not overpaying, taking a liking to Kurashev, Nazar, Rinzel, Hayes, Savoie, and
his choices in goalies have all been better than expected value or paid value so far.

I usually complain alot and with Davidson I'd say my only changes would be to exchange the draft picks he has spent high on goalies for Cristall and Marner.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Everything is a 1 until after this season

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Center and Wings

Defensemen

Goaltending

Coaching

General manager

Goalies = 10
Defensemen = 9
Centers = 10
Wings = 8
GM = 10
Coaching = 9
An organ-I-zation is not going to win championships with ALL 8s and lower......imo