Where does Michael Jordan think/know LeBron will go?

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Dear LeBron: Don't Go to Chicago -- FanHouse

In Chicago to play golf at a suburban country club -- yes, he still gambles on 10-foot putts -- Michael Jordan was asked The Question by one of the organizers. No, it wasn't whether LeBron James' mother had an affair with loaded-gun-toting teammate Delonte West, a rumor her attorney strongly denies, but, rather, where her precious Bron Bron will play next. Normally, Jordan doesn't speculate on the business of others, but this week, he couldn't resist in opining like everyone else.

"Chicago,'' he said.

FWIW

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
From same article:
" Why would James want to follow in the mammoth footsteps of Jordan, who won six titles with a supporting cast that succeeded only because of his presence, when LeBron has failed so far with the same task in Cleveland? Even if James meshed with precocious point guard Derrick Rose and maturing post player Joakim Noah and won two or three championships, the accomplishment would fall far short of Jordan's dominant reign in the 1990s."

The guy lost all credibility with the part I underlined. Someone has a really short memory about how the Bulls did those two years he retired from the game. One phantom foul on Hubert Davis notwithstanding, Pippen had that team in the Finals that year. Couple it with all the Miami love later in the article and it's obvious he's not thinking straight.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
From same article:
" Why would James want to follow in the mammoth footsteps of Jordan, who won six titles with a supporting cast that succeeded only because of his presence, when LeBron has failed so far with the same task in Cleveland? Even if James meshed with precocious point guard Derrick Rose and maturing post player Joakim Noah and won two or three championships, the accomplishment would fall far short of Jordan's dominant reign in the 1990s."

The guy lost all credibility with the part I underlined. Someone has a really short memory about how the Bulls did those two years he retired from the game. One phantom foul on Hubert Davis notwithstanding, Pippen had that team in the Finals that year. Couple it with all the Miami love later in the article and it's obvious he's not thinking straight.

Yeah, thats why I only extracted the part thats useful. If Jordan has a comment on this, I care. If Jay says something, its noise.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why does it always have to be about living in Jordans shadow? Say LeBron was guaranteed to win 2 or 3 rings with Chicago or win 1 somewhere else. Is he not going to go to Chicago because 3 rings is only half of what Jordan accomplished in Chicago?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^titles are not the deciding factor in who is the better player

but alot of people use that as a measuring stick

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
^titles are not the deciding factor in who is the better player

but alot of people use that as a measuring stick

People seem to forget that Jordan left two on the table when he retired for 2 years.

Plus, lets also consider that when the league allowed the Pistons to play their brutal style of ball (that was a reaction to Jordan scoring 59 points), it delayed the beginning of the Bulls title run. Those years the Pistons won titles, the Bulls lost to them in 6 and 7 games. The Bulls were good enough to win titles those years but because the league allowed the Pistons to redefine what a foul was, it was delayed. One of the things I love about Jordan is that he never really complained. He knew he was going to get annihilated by the Pistons but he went into the lane anyway. The guy never backed down and never compalined. When people think of Jordan, too many think of dunks, Gatorade commercials, and winning titles. A better version of Jordan is found in those Pistons series.

But if the league would have put its foot down on the Pistons gooning up the game, Chicago probably has 2 more titles. And then when you look at the retirement years, you have 2 more years. Thats 4 titles that were either left on the table or denied because the league tolerated the Pistons goonery. Thats 10 "what should/could have been" titles.

Last edited:

Dismagic1

I think Jordan saying Lebron will go to Chicago is HUGE! Jordan never comments on this type of speculation. I feel like he and Lebron have been talking about this enough for Jordan to feel comfortable saying Chicago.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Everyday I get more and more excited because it seems like we have a better chance everytime I read something.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
chicago certainly has a great shot at getting lebron

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Kobe Bryant living in Magic's and Jerry West's shadow?
Was Shaq living in Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's and Wilt Chamberlain's?
Was Bird living in Bill Russell's and Bob Cousy's shadow?

...just sayin'

Chicago is the mecca of basketball. If LeBron leaves his Cavs for any other city, he's a fool.