Votes: 1 6.3%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicTownBoyJohn

Liked Posts:
I think it comes down to Cardinals or Cubs, because Marlins don't have enough to be contenders if you ask me.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it comes down to Cardinals or Cubs, because Marlins don't have enough to be contenders if you ask me.

Well, they now have Jose Reyes, they have a pretty decent top two in Josh Johnson (if healthy) and Anibal Sanchez, and they still have good young players like Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanchez and Mike Stanton, so it's not like they completely suck either. If Hanley Ramirez stops being a bitch and plays baseball like he's capable of, a lineup of those guys and Pujols could be pretty awesome.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:

I think the bigger issue with Miami would be the pressure to having the success of baseball in Miami rest on their shoulders. Chicago and St Louis are already established baseball cities. People don't talk about whether baseball can work in St Louis or on the north side like they do about baseball in Miami.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Stl

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I know that sig is supposed to be a shot at Vancouver fans but it's SO fruity looking. It's so fruity that I wouldn't want someone on the Blackhawks in the picture.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pujols is probably going back to the Cardinals. It's somewhat disappointing, but to sort of rationalize it, the Cards are going to be financially hamstrung for a bit even though they'll still be good for the foreseeable future.

As a fan I would've liked to see him be in a Cubs uniform putting up monster numbers for 4-5 years before fading into oblivion, but the front office has to build a team that can win now and in the future without throwing all its eggs into one basket. So it's understandable that they won't or can't sign Pujols, even if we don't like it.

I'm very curious to see what Plans B, C and D are though.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I think Pujols is probably going back to the Cardinals. It's somewhat disappointing, but to sort of rationalize it, the Cards are going to be financially hamstrung for a bit even though they'll still be good for the foreseeable future.

As a fan I would've liked to see him be in a Cubs uniform putting up monster numbers for 4-5 years before fading into oblivion, but the front office has to build a team that can win now and in the future without throwing all its eggs into one basket. So it's understandable that they won't or can't sign Pujols, even if we don't like it.

I'm very curious to see what Plans B, C and D are though.

This whole thing with Miami scamming everyone smells so bad that theres a big part of me that would rather see Pujols return to St Louis than go to Miami.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I know that sig is supposed to be a shot at Vancouver fans but it's SO fruity looking. It's so fruity that I wouldn't want someone on the Blackhawks in the picture.

LOL

its still awesome

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pujols is going to re-sign in STL and Fielder will get more of the Marlins' drug money.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Fielder to Miami, Pujols stays in STL and Pena stays in Chicago?

Does this sound probable?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fielder to Miami, Pujols stays in STL and Pena stays in Chicago?

Does this sound probable?

Yes to Fielder. Yes to Pujols. No to Pena.

Pena declined arbitration so it's highly unlikely that he comes back to the Cubs. I'd look for them to sign a cheaper FA 1B now or just stay in-house and play someone like LeMahieu.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've read from several sources that Miami is still very much interested in Fielder, as well as CJ Wilson and possibly another pitcher, depending on how the Fielder negotiations go.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats why you had to comment on it huh?

LOL

you-got-it-dude-creepy-uncle-you-know-you-used-to-watch-full-demotivational-poster-1259911660.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.