Which RB Should the Bears Draft?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that's Tarik Cohen...
From what I have read in the sudden surge of RB threads...Cohen is a WR/Flanker/Gadget Player/QB/punt returner, but not much of a RB.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If he lasts to the third then he's a no brainer. Dude tore up the SEC, enough said.

image.jpg

Yo!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cohen should definitely feature more. I would give him 15-20 rushes/targets a game. I know there is concern about injuries but the dude knows how to avoid big hits. And if Nagy is hell bent on running more gap then it minimizes his shitty vision and desire to bounce everything outside as you direct him to a specific hole.

What the Bears need though is a RB with more all around ability ie can pass, catch and is sturdy enough to get 15-20 carries a game if necessary. The latter requirement is the issue with Cohen. I don't think his body can take 15-20 rushes if necessary.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Cohen should definitely feature more. I would give him 15-20 rushes/targets a game. I know there is concern about injuries but the dude knows how to avoid big hits. And if Nagy is hell bent on running more gap then it minimizes his shitty vision and desire to bounce everything outside as you direct him to a specific hole.

What the Bears need though is a RB with more all around ability ie can pass, catch and is sturdy enough to get 15-20 carries a game if necessary. The latter requirement is the issue with Cohen. I don't think his body can take 15-20 rushes if necessary.

Cohen led all non-QBs with 7 fumbles last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cohen led all non-QBs with 7 fumbles last year.

I see only 1 fumble receiving and 3 rushing so I presume the other 3 are in the return game. Something he needs to improve on but still think he should be getting 15-20 rushes/targets a game.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I see only 1 fumble receiving and 3 rushing so I presume the other 3 are in the return game. Something he needs to improve on but still think he should be getting 15-20 rushes/targets a game.

Yes...1+3+3 = 7. I can confirm this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes...1+3+3 = 7. I can confirm this.

The point was you neglected to mention that which may have gave someone the impression all 7 fumbles were on offense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The point was you neglected to mention that which may have gave someone the impression all 7 fumbles were on offense.

Cool! 7 still equals 7. Cohen still led the NFL in fumbles by a non-QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool! 7 still equals 7. Cohen still led the NFL in fumbles by a non-QB.

Yes and I was talking about Cohen's role on offense so responding with his 7 fumbles was misleading since they were not all on offense. What does his fumbles on special teams have to do with the below post you responded to?

This is talking about offense not special teams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gave Mitch at least one fumble on a dropped pitch as well. On offense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thanks for your off topic response to my post.

I like how the only issue to you in regards to Cohen getting 15-20 rushes/targets is his durability, yet Cohen leading the NFL in number of punt returns while also returning kicks is "off topic". Cool!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

FWIW that scouting report is terrible. Williams "contact balance" is a strength. His vision this year was great. No idea who the hell did this scouting report.

Williams biggest issue will be how he picks up the pass pro. When asked to catch passes he did it well. ND just doesn't feature the RB in the passing game much. Never really have since Riddick(a converted WR) left.

Off the field stuff will pop as a concern. FWIW, his suspension this year was a positive test for weed.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The elephant in the room is that it doesn't matter which RB is drafted if Trey Burton is not on the field!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Henderson, but there's no way in hell he makes it to the 3rd round. I think the latest he goes is early in the 3rd. No way he makes it to the Bears pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like how the only issue to you in regards to Cohen getting 15-20 rushes/targets is his durability, yet Cohen leading the NFL in number of punt returns while also returning kicks is "off topic". Cool!

You never said anything about Cohen leading the NFL in number of punt returns in your original post. You referenced fumbles that included special team fumbles.

Now if you want to move the goalposts to discuss his snaps on special teams then let me know but it is disingenuous to act like that was your original point in your off topic post.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You never said anything about Cohen leading the NFL in number of punt returns in your original post. You referenced fumbles that included special team fumbles.

Correct on both counts! Now what?