Which scrappy, gritty white guy with heart should replace which overpaid lazy Latino?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
We would also have accepted Reed Johnson for Fukudome, Darwin Barney taking over for Starlin Castro at shortstop, or Jeff Baker for any of the infield positions. Also Koyie Hill for Soto.

Scrap > actual talent!

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring back Mickey Morandini!

morandini.jpg

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Brock Forsey to replace Roberto Garza....oh wait...wrong forum.

jwmann2

Liked Posts:
I am all for Campana being an everyday player. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Freel in his prime.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am all for Campana being an everyday player. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Freel in his prime.

Campy is nothing like Ryan Freel.

Ryan Freel was a quality backup because he could field 5 positions....

other then that they both suck.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Freel from 2004-2006 was actually a decent player. He posted an OBP over .360 in those 3 straight years. Then he couldn't stay healthy and was bad. Bobferg pointed out one of the main differences in that Ryan Freel could play all over the diamond while Campana is basically limited to CF and LF. Another big difference is that Ryan Freel had hit a major league homerun by career game 28 while Tony Campana has yet to hit a professional homerun (majors or minors). Campana is also much faster than Freel ever was, though Freel did have some decent wheels before being hurt and then bad. If Campana could post a .340+ OBP he would be a pretty damn useful player, but he has showed no ability to be able to do that since I have more power than Tony Campana.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I thought Theriot would have been a better comparison for Freel.

Campana serves no purpose other than a pinch runner.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I thought Theriot would have been a better comparison for Freel.

Campana serves no purpose other than a pinch runner.

His speed also results in him having a fair bit of range in the OF as well. Unforunately his arm is terrible so that limits him to CF to be truly useful. Again if Campana could either hit for any actual power or drop his K rate/increase his BB rate he could be exteremely useful. Unforunately it is pretty unlikely that at age 25 he is suddenly goint to be able to do either.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he has more grit and scrap and heart than all the other outfielders combined and thus must be inserted into the starting lineup. Go Campana!

:lol: