Which Team Will Win Chicago's Next Championship

Which team will win the next championship in Chicago?

• Bears

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Bulls

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Blackhawks

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • White Sox

• Cubs

• Total voters

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears most likely???? I haven't checked but I doubt they are even considered in the top 5
By top 5, you mean top 5 Chicago team or top 5 NFL team?

I'd definitely agree with the Bears not being top 5 in the NFL.

As the Giants and Packers showed the past two years, it's not necessarily the best team that wins the Super Bowl.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nfl teams.

Anyone could win it in any sport well accept for maybe the nba

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The child is mad.

watch_out_we_got_a_badass_over_here_meme1_A_tiny_slice_of_Texbexs_life-s769x595-278991-580.png

At least I don't rage quit.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wrigley getting banned :jackson: :popcorn:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd probably put my money on the Bears.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright this might shock you but I really think it's the Cubs. Why?

For the Bears I think they're actually going to contend these next few years but I don't think they can get past the Packers who are too much of a force. And after two years? The defense is declining with no real future yet after guys like Urlacher retire.

For the Bulls they weren't good enough to win a title this year in my opinion even when they had Rose. Now, Rose won't be back until probably January of next season and he probably won't be close to his old self for awhile if he gets there at all. The Bulls are close but right now unless they add a second star, they aren't winning a title.

For the Blackhawks they have Jonathan Toews and they shouldn't miss the playoffs for the next five years but Stan Bowman has shown he can't acquire talent right now. Two first round exits in a row but anything can happen in the NHL playoffs. Still can't see them winning for the next few years.

For the White Sox they're going through a weird rebuilding phase. They don't have a minor league system at all (worst in the majors) and the talent on the field is average at best. Maybe they sneak into the playoffs in a bad division and win but I can't see them winning one for awhile.

But the Cubs are in great hands. They may look far away right now but Theo and company know they can sell the future to a major market for a short period of time. They know they need results pretty soon. I think the Cubs championship contending begins in 2015.

Now this changes if John Paxson shows the balls to acquire another star to put around Derrick Rose but right now I have it:
1) Cubs
2) Bulls
3) Bears
4) Blackhawks
Nice drop-off here
5) White Sox

So much hate for the sox.

and no the cubs arent going to be next. bulls,hawks,bears well before the cubs. thats not hate, thats just pure fact.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
But the Cubs are in great hands. They may look far away right now but Theo and company know they can sell the future to a major market for a short period of time. They know they need results pretty soon. I think the Cubs championship contending begins in 2015.

Yep. The same great hands who left Boston in shambles.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Bears - The window is closing with an aging defense, but they should still have 1-2 years to challenge for a Super Bowl victory before the D needs to be reloaded. With a formidable offense shaping up, this year looks like it's going to be their best bet.

2. Bulls - If Rose comes back healthy next year and can avoid the injury bug, the Bulls will have a shot. They could use another scoring option, but if they are all healthy, they will have a very good chance while Rip is here(and at full strength).

3. Blackhawks - Four consecutive playoff appearances and two years removed from a Stanley Cup title, they are still in good shape to be Cup contenders for years to come, so long as they get a formidable netminder and some defensive/PP help.

4. Cubs - The arrival of Theo brought a new era to Cubs baseball. It's going to be a rough couple of years before this team can realistically contend, but give them a few years and they should be able to field a team worthy of contending for a World Series(finally).

5. White Sox - A team going through an identity crisis with a farm system lacking in top prospects will have a big hill to climb in order to get back to legitimate contention. Pitching is a strength and always will be as long as pitching coach Don Cooper is on the South side, but an anemic offense will keep the Sox from being able to win the World Series for the time being.

Yes, I'm a pessimist. I know. :facepalm: