Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I hope he rots away in Detroit. And I'm gonna laugh when he doesn't win a damn thing.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
he thinks vmart is overpaid, but cliff lee on the sox wouldnt be a bad deal.

It would mostly be a break-even deal imo. A six year/140 mil deal (about 23.3 mil a year) would pay him as roughly a 5.2 WAR pitcher a year for the contract. Over the last three seasons, he has averaged about 7 WAR. He's coming off of arguably his best season, so even if he declines half a WAR per season of his contract (2011: 7 2012: 6.5 2013: 6 2014: 5.5 2015: 5 2016: 4.5), he puts up 34.5 WAR in his time with his new contract. That equals $155.25 mil in value, in today's market at least, making it a fair deal. There is no reason to think Lee will be overpaid as much as a likely 12+ mil a year DH/1B who catches a little bit.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Think about it, you take 3yr 48 million over 4yr 50 million every day of the week. You have a shot at another big contract. We may have offered 3/48 but for Crawford, not Martinez.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well with the pitching staff in Detroit they aint winning crap! After verlander their staff sucks bad. But it doesn't matter the yanks are gona get Lee and dominate

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well with the pitching staff in Detroit they aint winning crap! After verlander their staff sucks bad. But it doesn't matter the yanks are gona get Lee and dominate

You're right, Scherzer is just awful!

BTW, we were only 6 spots ahead of them in ERA.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would mostly be a break-even deal imo. A six year/140 mil deal (about 23.3 mil a year) would pay him as roughly a 5.2 WAR pitcher a year for the contract. Over the last three seasons, he has averaged about 7 WAR. He's coming off of arguably his best season, so even if he declines half a WAR per season of his contract (2011: 7 2012: 6.5 2013: 6 2014: 5.5 2015: 5 2016: 4.5), he puts up 34.5 WAR in his time with his new contract. That equals $155.25 mil in value, in today's market at least, making it a fair deal. There is no reason to think Lee will be overpaid as much as a likely 12+ mil a year DH/1B who catches a little bit.

you do realize I am talking about a deal with cliff lee and the whitesox right? you do realize a deal like that would be devestating to the sox right?

lets say he did sign, and a year later he got hurt.....you would be the first person to rip on KW and JR for signing him to a major deal......i bet im right.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
you do realize I am talking about a deal with cliff lee and the whitesox right? you do realize a deal like that would be devestating to the sox right?

lets say he did sign, and a year later he got hurt.....you would be the first person to rip on KW and JR for signing him to a major deal......i bet im right.

Injuries are unpredictable. :obama:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but non the less, you would still bitch and moan about kw and jr if he did get hurt. hypocrit.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...? Are you just randomly saying stuff now lol? Oh well, nothing more is expected from you.

nope, just another factor into a bad contract. his AGE and risk of possible injury and what a contract like that would do to a franchise like the sox. it wont affect the yankees but it would destroy the sox.

but i like arguing with 13 year olds who copy and paste sabre stats!

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
nope, just another factor into a bad contract. his AGE and risk of possible injury and what a contract like that would do to a franchise like the sox. it wont affect the yankees but it would destroy the sox.

but i like arguing with 13 year olds who copy and paste sabre stats!

Everyone has the risk of an injury but you can't back away from a big contract because the player might get hurt. He's only 32, is established as one of the best pitchers in the game, doesn't have much of an injury history. He's basically in his prime right now. Why should age be too much of a concern? Players with his skillset hardly ever fall off a cliff. So basically Lee on the Sox would be a bad deal because he might get hurt (as much of a chance to happen as any player) and he might decline sharply (as much of a chance to happen as any other 28+ year old)?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone has the risk of an injury but you can't back away from a big contract because the player might get hurt. He's only 32, is established as one of the best pitchers in the game, doesn't have much of an injury history. He's basically in his prime right now. Why should age be too much of a concern? Players with his skillset hardly ever fall off a cliff. So basically Lee on the Sox would be a bad deal because he might get hurt (as much of a chance to happen as any player) and he might decline sharply (as much of a chance to happen as any other 28+ year old)?

you obviously have never run a successful business, and if you have that mindset you will be bankrupt.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tigers add another guy with Verlander & Scherzer plus a little bullpen help, they'll be battling Minny for 1st.