Who’s the starting D-Line?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Justin Jones
Trevis Gipson
Demarcus Walker
Andrew Billings
?

Who’s rushing the quarterback out of that group?

League worst in pass rush last year. I think Poles is going to grab some more guys for this group.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Justin Jones
Trevis Gipson
Demarcus Walker
Andrew Billings
?

League worst in pass rush last year. I think Poles is going to grab some more guys for this group.
He has to. It’s still a bottom 3 line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Jones
Trevis Gipson
Demarcus Walker
Andrew Billings
?

I think Poles is going to tank with the Packers and Patriots in a race only 2 teams can win.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Walker - Dexter - billings - Green/Gipson/FA

In pass rushing downs, I'd think maybe Walker - Pickens - Dexter - Gipson/green/sewell/FA?

Maybe they move Walker inside and hope him and dexter/pickens can collapse the pocket and give some hope to the DEs. Ngakoue would make a lot of sense at this point just as a big time edge rusher. The run D should be stout with the front 7 they have in place.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Walker - Dexter - billings - Green/Gipson/FA

In pass rushing downs, I'd think maybe Walker - Pickens - Dexter - Gipson/green/sewell/FA?

Maybe they move Walker inside and hope him and dexter/pickens can collapse the pocket and give some hope to the DEs. Ngakoue would make a lot of sense at this point just as a big time edge rusher. The run D should be stout with the front 7 they have in place.
Yep, this is what I think it will be. With Walker or Greene moving inside on passing downs for Billings. And Dexter/Jones/Pickens at the IDL. Robinson and maybe Sewell getting EDGE snaps in subpackage.

This won't be a good DL but no one is going more than 55% of the snaps unless there are alot of injuries. Lots of rotations, lots of fresh bodies.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget Dominique Robinson is rested and ready, therefore elevating the Bears' pass rush to at least 31st in the league this year.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The poor secondary is gunna be out on an island with that pathetic pass rush. It is possible it is worse than last year and that would be hard to accomplish. The offense better score a whole lotta points this year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The poor secondary is gunna be out on an island with that pathetic pass rush. It is possible it is worse than last year and that would be hard to accomplish. The offense better score a whole lotta points this year.
How can it be worse ? It's literally impossible walker alone gives you more pass rush than last year.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Justin Jones
Trevis Gipson
Demarcus Walker
Andrew Billings
?

I think you see the 2 new young guys rotated in a lot ( seeing some Buckner & Chris Jones comps ) and Sewell developed into an edge guy, he can get after the QB, I also still have not given up on Gipson and Robinson, I expect at least one of them to breakout.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bottom three? Dude it would be bottom three in the SEC. This shit is worse than almost any other NFL team's back-up and/or rotational guys.
No it wouldn’t be bottom 3 in the sec Mr Hyperbole

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
DE Walker
3T Dexter
NT Billings
DE Green

Walker inside on passing downs. Maybe throw in Pickens instead of Dexter a bunch. Robinson on the edge.

Add a DE still on the market, cut Justin Jones and maybe Gipson too.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OK yeah maybe its better than Vanderbilt. Not willing to say for certain though. Andrew Billings? Literally who?
You’re talking about kids(which most end up not going pro or simply bust) going up against professionals. 99% of all NFL personnel wouldn’t even bother with your shit argument.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
OK yeah maybe its better than Vanderbilt. Not willing to say for certain though. Andrew Billings? Literally who?

Billings is actually good, at least as a run stopper. There is something to be said for fixing the run defense as well, as longer 3rd downs will help put the pass defense in more advantageous situations. The Bears have improved their coverage significantly at linebacker as well, so hopefully that will help the pass rush.

The defense will be better. Still not good, but better.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How would you feel about this d-line if Poles signed both Floyd and Ngakoue to two year deals?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Considering they drafted 2 dts from the sec that were probably top 5 in the conference it'd be hard to believe the line is worse than sec lines.
I admit I was being a little cheeky when I said they aren't better than Vanderbilt. They are at least as good as Vanderbilt.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
How would you feel about this d-line if Poles signed both Floyd and Ngakoue to two year deals?
Why on earth would they do that? So they can get double teamed all year trying to carry the burden of this shitshow?

Wait until a legit team suffers an injury in camp then sign with them. Or be a rotational player on a good team. Maybe a break or two goes your way and you get a big season that leads to a nicer payday next free agency. Going to Chicago so you can watch as Andrew Billings trips over his own shoes while you get triple teamed is bad business and any agent with any sense is going to advise against it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Why on earth would they do that? So they can get double teamed all year trying to carry the burden of this shitshow?

Wait until a legit team suffers an injury in camp then sign with them. Or be a rotational player on a good team. Maybe a break or two goes your way and you get a big season that leads to a nicer payday next free agency. Going to Chicago so you can watch as Andrew Billings trips over his own shoes while you get triple teamed is bad business and any agent with any sense is going to advise against it.
I don’t know, maybe to lock in some money from a team that actually has some.

If NFL a team opts to “triple team” an edge their QB is guaranteed to get blasted in the mouth up the middle.

Just fucking stop with your barrage of stupidity.