Who are the mocks wrong on?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give me a guy that the mock drafts (or fans) are too high or low on in your opinion.

I’m going Chop Robinson. If I had never seen a mock or looked at stats I would think he’s a top 15 pick. To me the athleticism just jumps off the “tape”.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kamal Hadden

he is getting next to zero attention. dude will be a really solid CB in the league, just wont be with the bears

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I think it’s JJ McCarthy.

There are some projecting him to be a top four pick, which I think is CRAZY when a team doesn’t need to move a ton of draft capital for other options like Penix Jr. and Bo Nix. Last year, Will Levis was projected to be a top pick in the first round, and he fell to the second round.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it’s JJ McCarthy.

There are some projecting him to be a top four pick, which I think is CRAZY when a team doesn’t need to move a ton of draft capital for other options like Penix Jr. and Bo Nix. Last year, Will Levis was projected to be a top pick in the first round, and he fell to the second round.

For the Bears sake I hope he’s not this year’s Will Levis. Need 4 QBs to go top 8.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A lot depends on Washington & New England. I think it would be really fun (although I suppose maybe not great for the Bears) if those teams either didn't go QB or traded out for a HAUL.

Imagine, say, Washington getting MHJ and New England getting Joe Alt. Imagine how much of a Draft Night frenzy there would be in teams trading up with the Chargers, Giants, Titans, and/or Falcons.

There's a lot of room for interesting wrinkles in the top 10.

Imagine the first half of a first round in which Latu is the first defender off the board.

Imagine a draft where Fashanu is snatched up immediately after Alt and there's a run on o-linemen.

Where there's chaos, there's opportunity.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Maye is a bust. He has several wtf throws a game and I think that kills him in the nfl. He needs a good Oline and lots of scheme and skill players around him to hide his flaws. That probably won’t happen.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
210 pound Jayden Daniels to the Commanders who have the worst offensive line in football, what could possibly go wrong.
Jayden Daniels is not a starting quarterback in the NFL. It won't work out. He has issues seeing the field, and he's extremely undersized. He's going to get hurt, and his ability as a passer has a very low ceiling.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jayden Daniels is not a starting quarterback in the NFL. It won't work out. He has issues seeing the field, and he's extremely undersized. He's going to get hurt, and his ability as a passer has a very low ceiling.
I also think Daniels will not be as good as projected.

But I don’t think the mocks are wrong. I think he will be drafted high. But someone will regret it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me a guy that the mock drafts (or fans) are too high or low on in your opinion.

I’m going Chop Robinson. If I had never seen a mock or looked at stats I would think he’s a top 15 pick. To me the athleticism just jumps off the “tape”.
In what way wrong?
Do you mean a guy that will get drafted much higher (or lower) than expected, or someone that will have a much better (or worse) NFL career?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In what way wrong?
Do you mean a guy that will get drafted much higher (or lower) than expected, or someone that will have a much better (or worse) NFL career?
Either works

napo55

Liked Posts:

Chop had only four sacks last year. Production counts more than testing in gym shorts.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think Maye is a bust. He has several wtf throws a game and I think that kills him in the nfl. He needs a good Oline and lots of scheme and skill players around him to hide his flaws. That probably won’t happen.
His feet are a mess

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

My guy Braden Fiske slides into the end of the 1st round or top of the 2nd.

Bort

Liked Posts:
CW is the only elite tier QB prospect. Every other QB has serious question marks.

Maye struggles with his accuracy at times and has pretty mediocre pocket presence for a guy who is projected as a pocket passer.

Jayden Daniels has that Justin Fields tendency to be one or two reads and then try to scramble rather than going through his progressions properly.

Michael Penix has an awkward shot put throwing motion (although that worked for Phillip Rivers).

J.J. McCarthy is extremely difficult to even form an opinion about based on his film because they just didn't ask him to do very much NFL style reads or difficult throws.

Bo Nix also just doesn't put any difficult throws on film that would make me excited about drafting him.