Who are the true Blue Chip prospects in this draft?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they are:

Caleb Williams
Joe Alt
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Brock Bowers
Dallas Turner
Jared Verse
Taliese Fauga

I don’t believe Maye or Daniels are blue chippers but they’re going before 9. McCarthy might too.
I don’t want to miss out on a blue chip player. Poles might be able to move down, but I don’t want him to drop too far. I prefer he stay at 9 and take the best prospect on his board. He can start trading down at 75.

Who are your Blue Chip prospects?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I haven't had as much time to look at film this year as usual. I'm higher on Nabers and Alt. Lower on Maye and Fashanu (have been for a while). Would take Turner over Verse.

Big fan of Quinyon Mitchell as CB1.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like the list but I feel you're being generous with some of them they may not be blue chip prospects but they may be players.

My blue chip list..

1. MHJ
2. CW
3. Joe Alt
4. Malik Nabers
5. Brock Bowers

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Honored, as always! Sorry for the paragraphs; in real life I am just as long-winded.

Personally, I don't agree with the idea of a blue-chipper, at least not on offense. I think Kurt Warner was the pro who recently noted how colleges don't prepare QBs for the pro game. I think that trickles down to the entire offense. So unless you were playing in a program that develops the young talent well (Georgia, Alabama, LSU) then I really doubt the kid was well-prepared for the pro game.

So instead of seeing it as a stud of a pick, instead I look to see a body of traits, work ethic, and what plan the team has in store for the player. That means you have to take a long view and wait to judge. That also means that late round picks are judged with the same scrutiny as a first rounder, with the only caveat that the talent pool is smaller. We get to see the plan over a term of years, and it shows up in offseason programs. I think that one really good reason for recent DBs starting early and playing well in this defense is because the coach has a clear vision for them, and they take players with a good work ethic. No more, no less - they weren't blue chippers, they weren't "ready" out of the box, but they worked hard and made success happen. With a new OC, we will see which traits the coach finds desirable, but the premise remains that the best prospects are the ones with the best work ethic.

The only reason I beat the drum so hard for Bowers at 9 is because he has an unbelievable number of athletic traits that make him stand out, and he was a star for a top program. If we confuse his athletic traits for work ethic, well, we are lining up for another bust in a long line of busts. To restate my premise, I don't see Bowers as a blue chip prospect, because we have no idea if his productivity came from a strong work ethic, or if he is simply more athletic than everyone around him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fauga interesting to see him make your list. I would prob put jpj over him but i get T vs G/C

I think Murphy might be worthy to make that list or close to it. Verse to me is best defender in the draft

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I haven't had as much time to look at film this year as usual. I'm higher on Nabers and Alt. Lower on Maye and Fashanu (have been for a while). Would take Turner over Verse.

Big fan of Quinyon Mitchell as CB1.
You can count me as a fan of Verse over Turner.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
My “true” blue chippers:

Williams
Harrison Jr.
Nabers
Alt
Bowers

Guys on the blue chip bubble:

Maye
Odunze
Turner
Dejean

My definition of blue chip is a prospect that is better than the #1 guy in the average draft class. This class happens to have 2.5 WRs that fit that bill.

cubsforlife

Liked Posts:
I like the list but I feel you're being generous with some of them they may not be blue chip prospects but they may be players.

My blue chip list..

1. MHJ
2. CW
3. Joe Alt
4. Malik Nabers
5. Brock Bowers
For me I'd take these and add Verse and Penix Jr. I know I'll take heat for the last one, but that's my take after watching the film.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think they are:

Caleb Williams
Joe Alt
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Brock Bowers
Dallas Turner
Jared Verse
Taliese Fauga

I don’t believe Maye or Daniels are blue chippers but they’re going before 9. McCarthy might too.
I don’t want to miss out on a blue chip player. Poles might be able to move down, but I don’t want him to drop too far. I prefer he stay at 9 and take the best prospect on his board. He can start trading down at 75.

Who are your Blue Chip prospects?
Good list. I agree. The Bears have a pretty damn good base of solid players at this point. It's time for the difference makers. It's time for the stars.

Whether that #9 is Odunze/Nabers, Turner, Verse or Alt, I just want it to be one of these blue chippers with amazing athleticism and upside. I'd honestly be disappointed with a trade back for a lesser prospect when these potential stars are right there.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My blue chip list..

1. MHJ
2. CW
3. Joe Alt
4. Malik Nabers
5. Brock Bowers
My first thought was trying to figure out your first sentence. We probably all have a bit of wiggle room in our definition of blue chip. My definition seems a bit closer to yours. I like the lists @modo did too.
  1. CW
  2. MHJ
  3. Nabers
  4. Alt
  5. Bowers
A lesser tier probably is something like this (order of these is a bit more iffy).

6. Latu​
7. Odunze​
8. Verse​
9. Turner​
10. Murphy​
11. Fuaga​

Notable, I don't really love the other QBs in the draft. I know three will likely go in the top 8 though. I'm expecting Daniels to go lower than he's being hyped to go. We'll see.