Who do we give up for Kevin Love?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
13 PPG ........ 7 RPG .......... 2 BPG .......... Hardly bad numbers for a guy who only played slightly more than half of the game. Take those number
forward and what do you have? That is the value of what his game is. Not some techno stats that bring 3PT percentages of all things to reference
Gibson's game.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Come-on please. One would have to be blind not to see that Gibson has greatly improved his jump shot from 15-18 feet. He also has
improved his post game. Project the guy into a guy who plays three quarters plus and not two and you will see a 16-18 PPG, 10+ Rebounds per game,
2 Blks/game, and a first team all-defense player. And this is still a guy just entering his prime.

Next year, Gibson will start and thrive. Truly a great success story about a kid who fought his way into a full time scholarship at USC. Graduated in
four years, was a low end draft choice by the Bulls, played limited minutes and every year improved under Thibs. Never complained. Never shirked.
Always hustled. That'd be a great book about a kid from the projects that over-came a lot of people's doubts.

hustle, grit, and grind are great. Gibson is almost 30 and kind of is what he is. The 5 game sample size from this years playoffs though wonderful are probably not sustainable for him through 82 game season. He's not going to magically going to become better shooter. Your "eye test" fails you and the #s prove that. He may look as though he's playing with more confidence. Confidence doesn't entail results..........I like the guy, I think he's a great role player, but a Top 10 PF like some are claiming, you're out of your minds, quite honestly.

It's wonderful that you believe in him, and I hope your right, but age, progression and #s simply say that it won't happen......that's all.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really wasn't just you that kind of queued my rant. But I have seen many say he has become a consistent offensive threat which is far from the truth and it's just gotten to me and Kind of just stated that just so people would kind of take notice. Haha

What you say is NOT TRUE. He shoots almost 50% from the field, has improved his outside jumper and is developing a decent post game.. It is a pleasure
to watch the guy on the court.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
its not nonsense...the only thing holding josh smith back is his iq

but if he would get his head right and play to his strengths he'd be allot better than taj

hes better offensively (hes a beast finishing around the basket), better rebounder, better passer and probably just as good defensively

That is utterly nonsense. There is an old adage about someone needs to put up or shut up. Smith doesn't put up or shut up. The guy is
one of the biggest dog ass losers in the NBA. A bad team-mate, a pouting jerk-off, and not dependable. He shouldn't ever be mentioned
in the same sentence as Taj. Character matters. Hustle matters. Improvement matters. Being dependable matter. Being a leader matters.
In short.......Gibson matters....... Smith doesn't.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
What you say is NOT TRUE. He shoots almost 50% from the field, has improved his outside jumper and is developing a decent post game.. It is a pleasure to watch the guy on the court.

His career FG% is 48.3%...Peaking at 49.5% in the 2011-12 season.......so he's never reached 50% but nice try.

For his career 41.8% of his shots are from 0-3 feet from the rim. 41.8%!!!!!!! He shoots for his career; 63.2% from 0-3 Feet; 37.8% from 3-10 feet; 40.4%from 10-16 feet; 36.2% from 16 to just inside the 3 point line.

Last season he shot; 63.8% from 0-3 feet; 35.6% from 3-10 feet; 39.9% from 10-16 feet; 39.7% from 16ft to inside the 3 point line. So he literally is a below average shooter this year and for his career from everywhere outside of 3 feet. Again, your eye test fails you. Again, I'm glad you like him, I do too. He's just not as good offensively as you truly believe he is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
his per 36 numbers are 16-8

my only problem with Gibson last year is that he was a blackhole on offense....if you threw the ball into the post to him it wasn't coming back out....he needs to learn to pass the ball out when doubled

but overall he had a great season and was the only Bull that seemed to care in the playoffs

im still laughing (probably to mask the tears) at how they busted ass all season only to look like they were tanking in the playoffs....damnedest thing ive ever seen

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hustle, grit, and grind are great. Gibson is almost 30 and kind of is what he is. The 5 game sample size from this years playoffs though wonderful are probably not sustainable for him through 82 game season. He's not going to magically going to become better shooter. Your "eye test" fails you and the #s prove that. He may look as though he's playing with more confidence. Confidence doesn't entail results..........I like the guy, I think he's a great role player, but a Top 10 PF like some are claiming, you're out of your minds, quite honestly.

It's wonderful that you believe in him, and I hope your right, but age, progression and #s simply say that it won't happen......that's all.

The guy shot almost 50%. That's not good? He averaged 13 per game in slightly more than half of the game. That's not good? He's 30 years old. So
what? That a guy's prime. He's got 4-5 good years ahead of him. Boozer frankly kept him from achieving somewhere around 16-18 PPG and 10 RPG. That is excellent
for a power forward in the NBA.

As for my eye test, I trust my eyes except for trying to read small print:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His career FG% is 48.3%...Peaking at 49.5% in the 2011-12 season.......so he's never reached 50% but nice try.

For his career 41.8% of his shots are from 0-3 feet from the rim. 41.8%!!!!!!! He shoots for his career; 63.2% from 0-3 Feet; 37.8% from 3-10 feet; 40.4%from 10-16 feet; 36.2% from 16 to just inside the 3 point line.

Last season he shot; 63.8% from 0-3 feet; 35.6% from 3-10 feet; 39.9% from 10-16 feet; 39.7% from 16ft to inside the 3 point line. So he literally is a below average shooter this year and for his career from everywhere outside of 3 feet. Again, your eye test fails you. Again, I'm glad you like him, I do too. He's just not as good offensively as you truly believe he is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Get away from the stat sheet. When I look at 48.3 or 49.5% it makes literally no difference. He is shooting AROUND 50% as a player. We are
talking about a power forward here. And lets look at the 63.8%. What are those anyway, mostly? They represent someone who is a great offensive
rebounder that fights his ass off for position underneath and slams home the rebound. He is not some soft guy like say Bosh or Boozer who sits around the
perimeter and shoots jumpers.

Liked Posts:
I just can't wait to see which perimeter shooting white guy, who reminds Paxson of himself, that they'll bring in next. They have to be running out. Redick might be the only guy left.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I just can't wait to see which perimeter shooting white guy, who reminds Paxson of himself, that they'll bring in next. They have to be running out. Redick might be the only guy left.

:smug2:

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Lol, one thread people want Lance Stevenson, another JR Smith, another people are wanting JOSH SMITH. I would literally self terminate. I can't take it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lol, one thread people want Lance Stevenson, another JR Smith, another people are wanting JOSH SMITH. I would literally self terminate. I can't take it.

Who said they wanted josh smith?

I said he's more skilled than taj but his IQ holds him back

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
My mistake, when I hear Josh Smith name I don't take the information in right. I apologize I just don't want him near this team.

ryneteem23

Liked Posts:
Boozer, Taj, Mirotic, Snelly, both 2014 1st rounders for Love and Budinger, and Alexey Shved

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing is that I think the Bulls should go all in to sign Carmelo. That should be the great priority. That is because of the great drop-off from him
to who they have at SF presently. With Love,they would have to give up a lot of valuable assets. With Melo, no. even with Stephenson, no.

From what I have read, they can sign Melo for about what Rose makes and still bring in Mirotic. I'd very much have both Mirotic and Carmelo than Love replacing
Gibson and probably Butler and a draft pick.

This is what I see the Bulls doing. It makes a lot of sense while not mortgaging the future. They could focus on the draft by possibly moving the two
picks we have this year to get into the top 10 and getting Stauskus or Harris.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Melo and Love won't be made available for trade until July. The draft is in June.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Melo and Love won't be made available for trade until July. The draft is in June.

True and that always is unfortunate. However, they certainly can trade players once drafted.