Who do we want to play?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now...hell...I guess I mean by this....who is it best for us to play. Because I WANT to play the Kings and settle dynasty discussions. But I am talking about who are we most likely to advance against. Tell me who you want to play and why in the paragraph after, but rank your teams based on most likely to advance against.

So...

WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY? (my list)
[essentially there are 8 candidates with playoff aspirations we could run into at some point, what is the consensus for how we will fair probability](yes I'm high as fuck and don't know how to type or present words to you in normal spacing, or understand formatting right now, and am rambling...BAAAKKKEEEDDD!!! Get the fuck out, I'm trying to communicate a feeling through the page into the mind of another monkey dammit, from a scrambled subset of data, cut slack and feel me brother)
8. Minnesota (gotta think we have to be confident given history, energy or no energy, new coach, play fast? They haven't had enough to deal with us)
7. Nashville (Rinne is a sieve)
6. Sharks (some young flashy forwards and a rejuvenated Thornton with beard power and a good home court, they give up too many easy goals)
5. Avalanche (scare me only if Pickard emerges as the Dubnyk of last year, putting a little doubt in my mind and drives a strong late push)
4. Dallas Stars
3. Blues
2. Anaheim
1. Kings

Maybe someone will argue the Blues and Stars, but I just think the wear and tear in facing those last 3 is what makes the Eastern conference not realize how much better the west is and what a Hawks team would do to everyone over there if we faced them fresh. We walk through that every single year, and having played Rugby let me tell you...there are big hits and sometimes there are hits you feel for the rest of your life. With these teams there is a risk every game of every series to take one of those. Dallas...still has to prove it, and have won 2 of last 12 or something crazy. We can score on their defense, and they aren't going to give us the beating of the top 3 or the Avalanche/Minnesota.

I think the rest of the nation of casual fans see the Hawks as just this highly skilled team of landing freak hockey gods Hossa/Toews/Kane/Keith while also being really good at Bowman scouting and Q fitting pieces together and inspiring, motivating. They create team competition, these are known and acknowledged things. They are a good system, a team every player gets excited to play for, and respected as an ownership team for generating new market tactics and transforming the popularity of the league. Still...I don't think we get enough credit for how tough the average guy is among all our superstars, the God group and then Sharp/Crawford/Saad/Ladd/Seabrooke/Hammer/Buff/Bickell/Shaw/Kruger/Scott...the thing that that core group most embodies is just being tough son of a bitches that don't ever quit. We have lost some series that ended remarkable playoff runs since 2009. Its not just the 3 cups!! its the fight they gave every season and played more hockey than anyone else in the sport!! and played it taking a beating and getting penalties and getting up and not letting it slow them down, and only retaliating when they had to protect themselves against extreme aggressors like the Blues or Vancouver or Anaheim who decides the only way to beat us was to beat us to a pulp. They get up and they win games. They keep playing there game and they never quit on any game, and often find a way during waning 3rd periods and OT's!! Long overtimes!! How does Crawford not get his due when the Blackhawks have played the most overtimes since 2010. I don't need to look it up!! I watched it!! It was every game, every series...OT and we are the ones that won't give up. We'll take you to 3. We'll beat you there. When you quit. When you aren't the champions we are.

Only the Kings have stood up to us, and for that I wish to do battle once more with he ultimate opponent. To stand skate to skate against our only rival, and vanquish them once more. Put the conversation to rest. Go back to back, and find a way to bring Ladd back even if it means trading TT and Shaw to keep Ladd and Panarin. Pay 3 defenders to move Bickell, and the rest of our draft picks. Just trust yourself on the farm you already have, make the move for that top 6 for for years, and you will have a chance every single year.

Lets do this!! Hawks dynasty!!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Would prefer to only play one of the top 3 teams you listed on the path to the Cup. All those teams will goon it up against us, and although that has been proven to be a failed tactic, I fear injuries and wear & tear. I also fear Dallas, a lot of speed and skill there and they can take us but only if Craw has at least 2 off games in the series.

I guess at the end of the day the one team I would most like to avoid is LA, only because they are the only team that legitimacy believes they can beat us in 7.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anyone postseason run that goes through St. Louis is infinitely more fun because fuck the Blues.

Outside of that, I really don't care. I don't see a team in the West that scares the hell out of me as a postseason opponent.