Who do you pick?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ragland would be a stretch at 11, unless he tests well.

Robinson is so raw he would be a projection at 11.

Hargreaves is short.

Lynch is a home run swing.

Noah Spence has some off field issues and short arms.

To me there are 4 really clean prospects in the draft, Tunsil, Stanley, Ramsey and Bosa. After that we have to start saying risk and reward.

I'd add Buckner to that list. IMHO.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not advocating for any particular position to be drafted in any order as there are multiple needs on the team. When looking at each of the QB's that are considered the top three, each bring a pretty good offering to the table talent wise.
Athleticism
1. Lynch
2. Wentz
3. Goff
Arm talent(not just strength, touch, accuracy, etc)
1. Goff
2. Lynch
3. Wentz( though is intermediate to deep passing accuracy has improved quite a bit)
Reading a D
This one is tough to conclude
1. Wentz(though FCS defenses, more pro style offense and full field reads
2. Goff( could be 1A)
3. Lynch
I dont think you could go wrong drafting any of them, not sure if I have a true preference or not. Most likely will go with a defensive need and would not have a problem with that.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I feel like Smith is going to be the guy everyone's wondering how the hell did he fall to X position in the draft after a couple seasons.

Oh yeah the knee injury... Why didn't we take a chance?

Exactly. If this guy really projects like everyone says he does you take him. They aren't gonna be taking the league by storm next year anyway.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly. If this guy really projects like everyone says he does you take him. They aren't gonna be taking the league by storm next year anyway.

My exact feelings too. If (as suggested by some) he is the next coming of Patrick Willis...I can live with a red shirt year if needed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
For anyone interested, Chad Reuter of NFL.com just released a 4 round mock: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ound-mock-draft-cowboys-grab-qb-wentz-at-no-4

Has the Bears going OLB Myles Jack, WR Corey Coleman, OT Jerald Hawkins, and CB Juston Burris.

Ugh. Assuming the Bears aren't stupid enough to let Jeffery walk, I really don't like a WR early 2nd, after a WR at 7, and paying Eddie Royal last year. However, if the Bears are going to go WR in the 1st 3 rounds, I'd rather switch OT/WR around and get Spriggs in 2 and Pharoh Cooper in the 3rd.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
For anyone interested, Chad Reuter of NFL.com just released a 4 round mock: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ound-mock-draft-cowboys-grab-qb-wentz-at-no-4

Has the Bears going OLB Myles Jack, WR Corey Coleman, OT Jerald Hawkins, and CB Juston Burris.

I know you're just the messenger so I'm not attacking you when I say this.

But anyone who thinks the Bears are going to take a 5-11 225-pound linebacker to play inside linebacker in this defense is a fucking moron. Here's what we know about Jack, he runs really really fast and was a great RB in college. He was an average linebacker who never forced a single fumble during his entire two year and three game career. Jack is still a sophomore by most logical reasoning.

He's a free roaming WILL in the mold of Lavonte David in Tampa.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But anyone who thinks the Bears are going to take a 5-11 225-pound linebacker to play inside linebacker in this defense is a fucking moron. Here's what we know about Jack, he runs really really fast and was a great RB in college. He was an average linebacker who never forced a single fumble during his entire two year and three game career. Jack is still a sophomore by most logical reasoning.

Yeah, I really don't get why people keep mocking him to the Bears.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Ugh. Assuming the Bears aren't stupid enough to let Jeffery walk, I really don't like a WR early 2nd, after a WR at 7, and paying Eddie Royal last year. However, if the Bears are going to go WR in the 1st 3 rounds, I'd rather switch OT/WR around and get Spriggs in 2 and Pharoh Cooper in the 3rd.

I doubt we let Jeffery go; he'll be franchise tagged. I don't see us drafting a WR in the early rounds, maybe take a flyer on one in the 6th round with PR/KR experience. I also like Spriggs a lot in the second round if he's there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I really don't get why people keep mocking him to the Bears.

Because he is a super athletic ILB that will be at the combine at 6'1" 240lbs, and the Bears ILBs suck.

But no one wants Ragland because he is too big and slow, no one wants Jack because he is too small and fast. So we roll with McClellin who can't do anything.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BFF we have heard everyone you wouldn't draft.

But in this scenario who do you pick?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Because he is a super athletic ILB that will be at the combine at 6'1" 240lbs, and the Bears ILBs suck.

But no one wants Ragland because he is too big and slow, no one wants Jack because he is too small and fast. So we roll with McClellin who can't do anything.

Jack to me is one of the best prospects in this class. He's up there with Ramsey, Smith, and Bosa. Anyone who doesn't want Jack is crazy.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:

ILB probably gets addressed in FA.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You act like those are the only options.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
ILB probably gets addressed in FA.

Twice? Because the Bears need 2 of them. Unless you're good with UDFApalooza. Timu, Jones, and Anderson aren't good enough to start 16 games next to Ray Lewis, let alone whatever FA the Bears sign.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

You refuse to acknowledge that he has been weighed and measured by scouts already. He was bigger than 5-11, 225 in HS. He also did have a forced fumble in his career. But yeah, he was an average linebacker.....but he has extraordinary ability. That's what players get drafted on. You can say, that's the issue, but that's a completely different story. And guys like Ziggy Ansah and our very own, Kyle Long were also players that showed no more than average tape on the field in limited time and turned out to be very good players because of their natural athletic ability.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Twice? Because the Bears need 2 of them. Unless you're good with UDFApalooza. Timu, Jones, and Anderson aren't good enough to start 16 games next to Ray Lewis, let alone whatever FA the Bears sign.
we haven't seen enough of timu to judge if he can be a starter he did play better than shea in his short time last year.