Who do you want to replace Wilson Contreras (assuming he is gone)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Market is solid at pitchers. Weak at 3B. Cubs have a solid pitching foundation. No 3B in the system.

The need is very clear.

What makes the most sense is trade away established for a 3B prospect that is close.

Screw contending this year.
You want them to simultaneously “screw contending” and trade away prospects?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Esteban Quiroz and Zach McKinstry. Sounds solid.

PJ Higgins? Ya sounds like a strong play.

James Triantos? Skip SB-> Iowa. Sounds promising.

Ed Howard? AA->AAA pointless. Sounds groovy.

Chase Strumpf. About the only potential. He has less power than Wisdom but walks more. Strikes out. He would have to skip Iowa completely.

Now if you were talking wait a few years then I get your point. But if we are talking 2023 then they need a legit 3B answer. Sounds like the White Sox are breaking the team apart. (failed faster than Theo did) so Moncada might be out there. Sounds like Cease and Vaughn are untouchable rest should be under concideration.

2023: 17.8M and 2024 24.8M. So he falls under Jed's short term window plan as Stroman and Suzuki did. This gives time for the system to strengthen the position internally.

I see this as a good plan from the Sox position. Get out of contract and a few new faces.

Cubs would get a 27 YO who really has not met his hype. He had one strong year but that was 2019 and the ball was juiced that year.
Not sure why you think it has to be someone in their minor league system

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure why you think it has to be someone in their minor league system

They only have Morel and his D was better at CF, 2B and SS. 3B was his first position while in the minors but was moved to CF when he got to Tennessee.

Don't get me wrong. I am in favor of him starting at 2B and trading Madrigal.

3B as of right now. Wisdom is the best option on the team. And that is a problem.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They only have Morel and his D was better at CF, 2B and SS. 3B was his first position while in the minors but was moved to CF when he got to Tennessee.

Don't get me wrong. I am in favor of him starting at 2B and trading Madrigal.

3B as of right now. Wisdom is the best option on the team. And that is a problem.
Ever heard of trades or free agency?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ever heard of trades or free agency?
W/E. You even said that there are no solid guys on the market and I doubt teams are going to give away their guy with a shit market going on

Regardless. Just read that the anti shift rule might push Hoerner back to 2B. Jed seems to want a more athletic 2B out there with better range. Hoerner has proven to be this on many occasion.

To boot Jed has started the extension talks with Hoerner and Happ.

So in view of this I'm expecting Wisdom at 3B and we might see a mega deal at SS. I'm good with either Swanson or Correa.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
W/E. You even said that there are no solid guys on the market and I doubt teams are going to give away their guy with a shit market going on

Regardless. Just read that the anti shift rule might push Hoerner back to 2B. Jed seems to want a more athletic 2B out there with better range. Hoerner has proven to be this on many occasion.

So in view of this I'm expecting Wisdom at 3B and we might see a mega deal at SS. I'm good with either Swanson or Correa.
Why is Swanson the guy you have a hard on for? Correa, Turner and Bogaerts have been better players throughout their respective careers.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is Swanson the guy you have a hard on for? Correa, Turner and Bogaerts have been better players throughout their respective careers.
Correa would be my target. Youngest with the best numbers and the best SS that could move to third in the future down the road.

There was mutual interest last year so I see the Cubs getting heavily involved.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Correa would be my target. Youngest with the best numbers and the best SS that could move to third in the future down the road.

Correa also wouldn't cost a comp pick since he'd be opting out of his contract, right?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

And as we’ve all already explained to you, you can acquire an IF that can play 3B even if he is normally a SS or 2B.

But alas, you seem to think only guys with 3B next to their name can do it

CSF77

Liked Posts:

World of what have you done for me lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I do agree. His D took a dive last year. I'm not sure on the why part of it. You have to go back to 2017 to find a crud year like that. O wise he is what you want. 20 HR power. 10% BB rate. 20% SO rate. You can envision a line up in 2024:

PCA CF
Correa SS
Happ LF/DH
Suzuki DH/RF
Mervis 1B
Davis LF/CF/RF
Hoerner 2B
Amaya C
Strumpf 3B (Triantos AA/Hernandez A+) I don't have a 2023/24 F/A list yet. So not sure on who is out there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And as we’ve all already explained to you, you can acquire an IF that can play 3B even if he is normally a SS or 2B.

But alas, you seem to think only guys with 3B next to their name can do it

I'm pretty sure that you don't have a clue on what Jed is thinking and are looking for answers that are not there. Even though all the talk is on SS and moving Hoerner back to 2B because the shift have been canceled. But keep pushing the goal posts.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm pretty sure that you don't have a clue on what Jed is thinking and are looking for answers that are not there. Even though all the talk is on SS and moving Hoerner back to 2B because the shift have been canceled. But keep pushing the goal posts.
How dense are you?!?

I never made any assumption upon what Jed will do, I merely pointed out that there are more possibilities/options than what you’re stating

Pretty great coming from the guy that is constantly “predicting” certain players to the cubs as if you know what Jed will do

My god your reading comprehension is on the level of a kindergartner