Who else is tired of seeing holding flags on every punt return?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I right? Even today the Bears got one and the refs never named the offender. Just flags every time a returner gets more than a 20 yard return.
I agree. I'd like them to ignore any hold that is not an essential part of the play or enforce it from the end of the run. More fun would be nice.

mecha

Liked Posts:
how about that monster kick return the Bears had against the Packers that one year and it was called back cause there was a hold on the other side of the field. I wanna say it was that cross fake thing with Hester and Knox.

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
i have been bitching all year about this. why bother even running the kickoffs out because with the penalties we are constantly starting insides the 10.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the good return yesterday, the announcers couldnt find it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL's behind the scene move to limit return injuries?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. I'd like them to ignore any hold that is not an essential part of the play or enforce it from the end of the run. More fun would be nice.

Maybe it is an instruction to the officials to not allow long punt returns because of the injury factor? Similar to allowing no kick returns?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Maybe it is an instruction to the officials to not allow long punt returns because of the injury factor? Similar to allowing no kick returns?

That doesn't make sense though. Players continue to play even though a flag has been thrown. It's not like players will stop returning punts because of the possibility of a holding call.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That doesn't make sense though. Players continue to play even though a flag has been thrown. It's not like players will stop returning punts because of the possibility of a holding call.

I'm not too sure about that. Field position means a lot and it may come to a returner ordered to fair catch the ball instead of being backed up 15 yards from the place of the foul. I think that it has gone too far when there are more plays called back for holding than there are punts that are returned.