PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O´Neal

11: Dwyane Wade
12: Dennis Rodman

Reserves:

13: Chris Paul
14: Ray Allen
15: Kirk Hinrich ;)

If you ask why there are no "old legends" on this roster? I have never seen them playing. And I don´t think they could play against those athletic guys like we have them today. Jordan and Pippen would not have this problem. But can you imagine guys like Bird playing well against guys like Howard or LeBron? I can´t!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bullseye wrote:
My team:

Starting 5:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Dwight Howard

Bench:

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O´Neal

11: Dwyane Wade
12: Dennis Rodman

Reserves:

13: Chris Paul
14: Ray Allen
15: Kirk Hinrich ;)

If you ask why there are no "old legends" on this roster? I have never seen them playing. And I don´t think they could play against those athletic guys like we have them today. Jordan and Pippen would not have this problem. But can you imagine guys like Bird playing well against guys like Howard or LeBron? I can´t!

Now I love Kirk, but seriously? Fred is going to get a kick out of that one lemme tell you :lol:

Liked Posts:
Excellent topic, Clone Trooper. Keep em coming.

This was a much better way to go than "Make a new 50 greatest list" because it would have taken all day.

How can you improve the greatest team of all-time? Easy in this case...make it even better.
Any team with Christian Laettner (the luckiest guy other than Ringo Starr), a Chris Mullin here, a Scottie Pippen there and voila, you have the Dream Team.

Only thing is...this is hard!

But here goes...here's my Dream Team. And we're supposing these guys are all in their prime, right? Not like when Bird was already retired and playing his very last games in Barcelona while injured.

Starting Lineup:
G Magic Johnson
G Michael Jordan
C Wilt Chamberlain
F Larry Bird
F Karl Malone

(That is one heckuva starting lineup...man...imagine that...the 4 greatest players to ever play the game on the court at the same time...where Karl Malone is the worst player in the lineup while in his prime).

Bench:
G John Stockton
G Oscar Robertson
C Hakeem Olajuwon (if he was eligble to play for us in '92 there would be no Ewing on the team!)
F Charles Barkley
F Moses Malone (Big fella, we just need you to play forward and clean that glass and grunt like you do so well)

Two Extras:
G/F Kobe Bryant
C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Head Coach: Chuck Daly (not the best coach but the perfect coach for this team)
Asst. Red Auerbach
Asst. Phil Jackson
Asst. Pat Riley
Asst. Bobby Knight

(Man, all these coaches on one team looks good on paper but can you imagine all the clashes and screaming and profanity-laced tirades there would be (which is basically the case with any team Knight coaches)!? There simply isn't enough air in the room for all these guys to breathe! Maybe I should have said Kevin Loughery)

Trainer: Joe Proski

Again, this was SO hard! I understand there's no Dr. J, no LeBron, no Bill Russell...

I don't know...Russell was 1 million % heart and thats important but i guess i tend to side with glittering stats and point averages that exceed 22 a game for years and years...i know thats not the best way to judge players but...thats me. I'm all offensive...i like scoring.

I wanted SO bad to put my boy Dominique Wilkins on here because he always seems to get snubbed (no 50 greatest when Billy Cunningham and Bill Sharman make it?)...no Dream Team when he was better than Pippen AND Mullin and even Drexler?)...no Hall of Fame? People dont realize how great Nique was...if he played with Magic like Worthy did he'd have all those rings too...)

Also, if Pete Maravich wasnt so immature when he first came into the league and had more discipline I'd have him ahead of everyone. He would have been the 3rd-greatest player ever.

Liked Posts:
Recently I read something in a book from '93 that when they were putting the original Dream Team together that Kevin Johnson thought he deserved to be on the team and that he expected to be named to it.

Can you believe that!?

I mean...at the time KJ was one of the few players to ever score more than 20 points and still have more than 10 assists...

But still...that surprised me.

As great as Isiah was I still think they got it right by giving it to Stockton. Stockton is by far a better point guard than Isiah, as great as Zeke was.

But again...you can't choose Chris Mullin (as great as he was) over Dominique Wilkins.

WHY DOES NIQUE ALWAYS GET SNUBBED!?

It was the greatest team of all-time but the scary thing is, that team was so good it could have been even better! Unfortunately, Nique was snubbed as always and Hakeem Olajuwon wouldn't be eligble until Atlanta in 1996.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Excellent topic, Clone Trooper. Keep em coming.
lol thanks but I didn't make this thread, Mark did. All credit goes to Mark.