who replaces Tucker if he gets fired?

Liked Posts:
Bob Diaco. However I doubt he'll leave his HC gig at Connecticut to be an NFL DC. I would like to see the Bears find a young outside of the box hire. It does look as though are playing with some 2-Gap looks, so why not hire someone who has had success in a system at N.D., that's very similar to a system that Emery also had success helping assemble in KC. Diaco ran a pretty damn good hybrid defense at Notre Dame & that's not an easy feat with Notre Dames academic standards that do tend to scare the better players to other programs with looser academic standards.

I think Diaco or a similar type hire would make a great fit for an NFL franchise like Chicago that does have young core of defensive players being assembled. I just don't see many DC retreads in the NFL that are any more intriguing than who the Bears already have, & would likely accept another DC position in Chicago. I'd love to see the Bears draft that LEO LB, & hire a young defensive minded coach like Bob Diaco.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We could only wish. Unfortunately, Rex Ryan took a team last year that was projected to be 3-13 to an 8-8 record. We actually drafted before the Jets last year.

Liked Posts:
We could only wish. Unfortunately, Rex Ryan took a team last year that was projected to be 3-13 to an 8-8 record. We actually drafted before the Jets last year.

Right. Rex would be dream to have as the DC. I know a lot of people laugh at the Jets, but they sort of remind of the Bears under Lovie. Yes the Jets run a different system, but they always seem to have a very good defense, & if they can get any semblance of offense to go with it, they could be a WC playoff team in weaker AFC conference. One thing that Rex does have on offense that we never really had on offense with Lovie after 2006, is a solid O-Line. I do think Richardson takes his play to the next level on defense. I think that kid is going to be monster. If the Jets can keep Vick from getting destroyed like he was in his last couple of seasons in Philly, he just might be good enough for them to win with in ground & pound offense with a solid O-Line & very good, if not excellent defense.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I'm currently unemployed for the for the first time since 2001. I can take the job. I have tons of experience playing tecmo bowl and madden.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait, how long has RR been the Jets head coach and how much of the blame for the poor 2013 projections were on him? I'd love him as DC but he sucks at his current job. Like father like sons. Great DCs. Not so great HCs.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn't matter who would take over mid way in the season, they would still be running Tucker's system.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Hoke doesn't want the DC job. He was approached about it before the Tucker hire and passed. Tucker won't be fired mid-season Emery doesn't work like that.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, how long has RR been the Jets head coach and how much of the blame for the poor 2013 projections were on him? I'd love him as DC but he sucks at his current job. Like father like sons. Great DCs. Not so great HCs.

Yeah, he had some real losers on that team, they got rid of them after the 2013 season. You have to admit, he must be doing something right, they did just as good or better than the Bears last year.

But I do agree with that family as being great defensive coordinators and not so good as head coaches. A bit too crazy.

Last edited:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets say the defense doesn't play well through midseason (I hope I eat crow), he gets fired. Who steps up as DC?

I dont think they fire him midseason if the Bears are winning and have a shot at the playoffs...If they tank, then its a possibility he gets the boot halfway. In all probability they would promote from within till the season is over. But I really doubt they would fire him during the season as I see the offense doing enough to keep us alive

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This would be a better DC than Tucker.
sandwich+cropped.jpg

Is that a shit sandwich?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think that DeCamillas will be given his marching orders before Tucker.

This is interesting. I think a bad year from either would be the end for them. Joe d might be easier to replace in season because installing a truly new defensive scheme mid season is difficult if not impossible.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
If Bradley gets fired after this year then he would be by far my first choice. I'd sign him before the tweets went out that he was fired.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
And I'll take Jason Garrett to replace Kromer after he gets a head coaching gig next year.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Hoke doesn't want the DC job. He was approached about it before the Tucker hire and passed. Tucker won't be fired mid-season Emery doesn't work like that.
i never heard he turned down the offer for an interview- where you hear that?

I thought it was more them not approaching him about the job?

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Won't be fired mid-season. They are going to let him go after another full season, if they do terminate his contract. However, as much as I'd like to see the Bears go find a young innovative defensive mind. I don' see it.

I see them promoting from within. Hoke I just don't see. I see it being Pasqualoni. He's called defensive plays before and he already has a LBers coach he's familiar with in Herring. Along with a big time assistant they really seem to like in Clint Hurtt who would just take Paqualoni's position.

That makes the most sense to me should it happen. Given his experiences and successes (some) as a D-Coordinator. I also don't feel as though Paul would be a bad hire at all. I think I'd just prefer a younger more innovative mind. Time will tell.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Tucker won't get fired. He's actually in a potentially cushy spot, considering how terrible his defense is.

The Bears were about the absolute worst last year on defense---like, historically bad, as we all know. Even if they only improve a little in that respect, they can go with the narrative that the defense is finally catching on and he's begun turning them around and no, you can't fire him now because they're improving.

And if the defense takes an even bigger step forward, between, say, 15th and 20th, it's, "Oh my god, look at the awesome turnaround!"

Catbird seat for Tucker. Well played, sir.