Who should be the next head coach?

Who should be the next head coach?

• Total voters

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like Scott because he's the most qualified IMO. He's been there before, as a coach and a player, he's proven himself.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bulls: Coach search in slow lane - chicagotribune.com

I posted this in the Thibodeau thread too.

Bulls' coach search in slow lane
Team taking time in researching possible candidates

Owns a 284-286 career mark over six full and parts of two other seasons with the Trail Blazers and 76ers. A Chicago native, he is known as a players' coach and spent last season as an assistant on Coach of the Year Scott Brooks' staff in Oklahoma City. His point-guard playing days could serve Derrick Rose well. (ERIC SEALS, McClatchy-Tribune / April 23, 2008)

Related
Former Bulls jump to defense of franchise
New coach? Meet the possible candidates for Bulls
Topics
Brian Shaw
Kevin McHale
LeBron James
See more topics »
XChicago Bulls By K.C. Johnson

Tribune staff reporter

8:01 p.m. CDT, May 27, 2010
E-mail Print Share Text Size

On May 4, Gar Forman said the Bulls' coaching search "could drag into June, maybe July."

He wasn't kidding.

Though the Bulls either have talked informally or conducted extensive background on at least Lawrence Frank, Tom Thibodeau, Maurice Cheeks, Elston Turner, Kevin McHale, Brian Shaw and Dwane Casey, sources close to several prospective candidates said no interviews are scheduled.

Even plans to fly to Boston and formally interview Celtics assistant Thibodeau, who will receive an offer from the Hornets, were scuttled after the Magic rallied to win the last two games in the Eastern Conference finals.

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

With LeBron James telling some confidantes he's intrigued by the triangle offense, some have speculated Lakers assistant Shaw could emerge as a serious candidate. He, too, is busy with the conference finals.

So the wait continues.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
have you guys heard the interest of lebron to play in the triangle offense?

Brian shaw is now being considered a candidate for the bulls job. if thats the case and lebron is interest in playing in the triangle ill add shaw to my list.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bulls: Will deal with coaches' agents - chicagotribune.com

Bulls haven't rescheduled Thibodeau interview
Celtics assistant's agency ties to LeBron James fueling speculation

Assistant Tom Thibodeau and Doc Rivers talk on the sideline. (Gary Dineen, NBAE/Getty Images / March 9, 2010)

Related
Bulls coaching candidates
David Haugh: Wade way off the mark with shot at Bulls
NBA won't penalize Wade for free-agent remarks
Stories
Game 6: Celtics oust Magic
Topics
LeBron James
New Jersey Nets
Chicago Bulls
See more topics »
XMarcus Fizer
Brian Shaw
Basketball
Boston Celtics
Dwyane Wade
NBA
Phil Jackson By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter

9:51 p.m. CDT, May 28, 2010
E-mail Print Share Text Size

The Bulls' longstanding policy of not negotiating with coaches' agents will have no bearing on their coaching search, sources said Friday.

Bulls management has strong relationships with Andy Miller, who represents former Nets coach Lawrence Frank, and Leon Rose, whose Creative Artists Agency firm was hired by Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau this week.

That firm represents the same umbrella under which new coaching agent William Wesley works and which represents free agent players LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. The latter two are represented by Chicago-based Henry Thomas, with whom the Bulls have dealt since he represented Marcus Fizer.

Though the Bulls don't negotiate coaching contracts directly with agents, they have maintained mostly professional relationships with coaches' agents. This includes Todd Musburger, who represented Phil Jackson during his Bulls tenure.

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

Despite speculation that hiring Thibodeau could improve the chances of landing James because of their shared agency ties, the Bulls remain noncommittal on rescheduling an interview with him.

League sources confirmed the Bulls were scheduled to interview Thibodeau — perhaps in Boston — if the Celtics had finished an Eastern Conference finals sweep of the Magic on Monday.

Though league sources have said Thibodeau knows a formal offer is coming for the Hornets' head coaching vacancy, the Tribune reported previously the Bulls would be his preferred job. Several media outlets have reported the Nets also hope to speak with Thibodeau.

The Bulls' slow pace has led some league observers to speculate they are waiting on an unknown candidate. The Bulls have performed background on Lakers assistant Brian Shaw, who still is working in the Western Conference finals. But it's unknown where his status lies with Bulls management.

Meanwhile, the NBA said it won't discipline Wade for his comments in Thursday's Tribune questioning the Bulls' loyalty to players. Though many speculated Wade did so because the Heat, like the Bulls, can sign a maximum free agent this summer, the league said it intervenes in "the most egregious" cases and Wade's comments "do not meet that standard."

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
we shouldn't. he gets his teams to play hard but his schemes aren't very effective. he would be an excellent assistant IMO but he'll get another deserved coaching offer in this league.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lawrence frank is not coaching here atleast as a HC

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
From that list I'd want Thibs to coach the bulls. I just really don't want Frank.

PooHdini1

Liked Posts:
Lawrence Frank - BIG NO! NO!

Tom Thibodeau - He's not anyone to get excited about. He doesn't have any H.C. coaching experience. I'd rather get my main Chicago guy, Mo Cheeks.

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
Mo Cheeks has proven though to be a mediocre coach. He's a great guy and a players coach, but he hasn't really done much as a HC. I know Thibs hasn't had an HC experiencing but he's been around the league a while and has been apart of the Celtics championship and possibly another this year.

I forgot who it was wrote about the team when Del Negro got fired and they basically said that players played for each other and not the coach. And I really do believe that. I think you can bring in a guy like Mo Cheeks and the bulls would do pretty well. I'm just not sure how the guy is as far as Xs and Os go.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
LOL. So many people proven wrong three years later!!! How dare any of you hold an opinion that doesn't turn out to be the right one years later!!!!!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I would have schooled so many people in this thread had I participated that day.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
damn i thought this was a new thread

its about time we make this thread again with Gar running Thibs out of Chicago