In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Other than Thibs, I would like to see the Bulls consider a positional coach for Derrick similar to how QBs have coaches in the NFL. Point guards are very much the QB of the NBA and it would be nice for D. Rose to have a guy on the sideline that can relate to being a superstar and teach him to be a better floor general.

My pick would be Isaiah Thomas. He's an Chicago native despite his Piston background. I would love for Derrick to mimic and play the game more like Zeke used to and make better decisions of when to score and when to get his teamates involved.

Just a thought.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
ace-ventura-oh-my-god-o.gif

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Rose doesn't need a positional coach. And LOL at picking Isiah Thomas to mentor him in that situation. Isiah can mentor Rose AWAY from the team. Isiah's destroyed a few franchises financially as well as destroying the CBA once he took over. Overall, bad idea.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Why are the Bulls going to search for a coach, let alone the fans, to help the $350 million dollar player? He can hire a coach on his own to help him excel at whatever it is he needs excelling at.

And guess what, he has his own staff and trainers. He's not just some kid walking around with a fat wallet and knee braces.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How about instead of banning people, a CCS suspension? You can view/read threads, you just can't post for a week or so.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How about instead of banning people, a CCS suspension? You can view/read threads, you just can't post for a week or so.

Because this thread bumped off and drove away so much activity?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Isiah's destroyed a few franchises financially as well as destroying the CBA once he took over. Overall, bad idea.

What does that have to do with anything? Players have personal coaches all the time to improve areas they are weak. I guess Derrick Rose's game management is perfect and couldn't improve because Isaiah Thomas ruined the CBA...:slap:

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Why are the Bulls going to search for a coach, let alone the fans, to help the $350 million dollar player? He can hire a coach on his own to help him excel at whatever it is he needs excelling at.

And guess what, he has his own staff and trainers. He's not just some kid walking around with a fat wallet and knee braces.
You have a point about whether the Bulls should pay for it, but considering how much they have invested in him already, would paying another coach a couple grand really break the bank? It is true that Derrick has the money to do it on his own, but I've seen other multimillionaires improve their game by working with past stars such as Lebron and Olajuwon. Who knows if he paid for it himself and does it really matter?

The point was whether there was a particular coach/ex-player out there who you'd like to see Derrick work with to add some things to his game.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Sorry to interrupt the Ben Gordon vs. Jimmer controversy, feel free to continue with your more valuable and intelligent posts.

:doorrofl:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The point was whether there was a particular coach/ex-player out there who you'd like to see Derrick work with to add some things to his game.

That's a huge difference from suggesting the Bulls add a position for Derrick. If you want to talk about who Rose would benefit from, then that's a conversation indeed. In that case, I don't know who I would want Derrick to work with. Right now, health is #1, so really, I want him to work with the best physical therapists possible. And I think he already does have some of the best working with him. Plus he's recovering, so there is only so much he can do, as rest is also very important to his future.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Other than Thibs, I would like to see the Bulls consider a positional coach for Derrick similar to how QBs have coaches in the NFL. Point guards are very much the QB of the NBA and it would be nice for D. Rose to have a guy on the sideline that can relate to being a superstar and teach him to be a better floor general.

My pick would be Isaiah Thomas. He's an Chicago native despite his Piston background. I would love for Derrick to mimic and play the game more like Zeke used to and make better decisions of when to score and when to get his teamates involved.

Just a thought.

No offense but not only NO, but HELL NO!!!!! There is not a player in the NBA that I hated more than Isaiah Thomas.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What does that have to do with anything? Players have personal coaches all the time to improve areas they are weak. I guess Derrick Rose's game management is perfect and couldn't improve because Isaiah Thomas ruined the CBA...:slap:

My point, which you obviously missed, is why would you want Isiah Thomas as a part of the Bulls' organization at all? And Rose had a positional coach...his name is Rod Strickland. Google him.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
My point, which you obviously missed, is why would you want Isiah Thomas as a part of the Bulls' organization at all? And Rose had a positional coach...his name is Rod Strickland. Google him.
Google him yourself, I know who he is and his style of play. As for missing your point, what point are you making by saying Thomas ruined the CBA??? What does that have to do with coaching a position?

OMG he ruined the CBA! He has cooties don't let him in the building....:rolling:
I said position COACH not GM/President/CEO of the Bulls.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
That's a huge difference from suggesting the Bulls add a position for Derrick. If you want to talk about who Rose would benefit from, then that's a conversation indeed. In that case, I don't know who I would want Derrick to work with. Right now, health is #1, so really, I want him to work with the best physical therapists possible. And I think he already does have some of the best working with him. Plus he's recovering, so there is only so much he can do, as rest is also very important to his future.
According to old "Houheff", Derrick has Rod Strickland as a coach. So if its already being done then what was so bad about the OP? If I suggest Isaiah Thomas, someone else disagrees and prefers Kevin Johnson, or maybe you think John Stockton....etc

Doesn't matter, like I said it was just a thought so who cares really.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thank God you made a thread about it then.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
:enough:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Google him yourself, I know who he is and his style of play. As for missing your point, what point are you making by saying Thomas ruined the CBA??? What does that have to do with coaching a position?

OMG he ruined the CBA! He has cooties don't let him in the building....:rolling:
I said position COACH not GM/President/CEO of the Bulls.

Actually, that is the way a LOT of people feel about Isiah Thomas.