Who should start in RF?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kosuke so the Cubs can showcase him for a trade.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
From a GM standpoint its Special person to play Colvin over Kosuke especially when you look at how similar their offensive production is.

Plus, its not like Colvin would never play... He'd get plenty of starts as a 4th OF and probably a handful of games at 1B.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From a GM standpoint its Special person to play Colvin over Kosuke especially when you look at how similar their offensive production is.

Plus, its not like Colvin would never play... He'd get plenty of starts as a 4th OF and probably a handful of games at 1B.

This. It sounds way better than what I said.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colvin, the guy has shown he can become a star. He hits like a madman and his d is not horrible. Kosuke is a defensive master but ill take colvin. But Kosuke should get some starts no question but i think more should go to colvin.

He has?

Fukudome. Fukudome all day.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Colvin and he'll get his chance to be a starter... Maybe... but you gotta play the better OBP and defense guy and hopefully get him traded.

Again, Colvin will play a lot anyway.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
How has he shown he can be a star?

Im not sayin he is one, that he has shown signs that he could be someday. Look im not going to be angry with either one starting. I love Colvin's swing, abilities, versatility... maybe i have my cubs goggles on but i think the kid has a shot to be a stud in this league.... someday

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sayin he is one, that he has shown signs that he could be someday. Look im not going to be angry with either one starting. I love Colvin's swing, abilities, versatility... maybe i have my cubs goggles on but i think the kid has a shot to be a stud in this league.... someday

I disagree. I think you do have those goggles on a little too tight.

I won't get too much into it, but Colvin had an unsustainable ISO and his HR/FB rate was pretty high, which led to a lot of those XBH, which led to his high SLG. Which, btw, I don't think he can put up a .500 SLG again and he's pretty much going to have to if he wants to start.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. I think you do have those goggles on a little too tight.

I won't get too much into it, but Colvin had an unsustainable ISO and his HR/FB rate was pretty high, which led to a lot of those XBH, which led to his high SLG. Which, btw, I don't think he can put up a .500 SLG again and he's pretty much going to have to if he wants to start.

I agree i know his stats were not mind boggling, but remember it was his rookie year i saw signs that he has the potential. If he progresses from year to year i think in 2-3 years he could be something. Only time will tell.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO Colvin has the potential to be a productive everyday starter but not a star...

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe, but not for us...we've got too many free-swingers in the line-up as is.

This is pretty much my thought process. To me Colvin and 'Dome are almost identical players in terms of value. They are vastly different players but we already had a few Colvins (Soriano, Ramirez, Byrd (to an extent)), we really don't have any Fukudome's.

I like Colvin, but given our team I think Fukudome fits the team better.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
This is pretty much my thought process. To me Colvin and 'Dome are almost identical players in terms of value. They are vastly different players but we already had a few Colvins (Soriano, Ramirez, Byrd (to an extent)), we really don't have any Fukudome's.

I like Colvin, but given our team I think Fukudome fits the team better.

Second best OBP on the team needs to play everyday.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuky is a solid average player at this point..

Colvin may be below average at this point but his ceiling is higher.

Pretty... uhm.. how can I say this??

obvious

I never said his ceiling wasn't higher... because that's not what you said. Do I need to remind you what you said?

Colvin has shown more to me than Fuky has.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I never said his ceiling wasn't higher... because that's not what you said. Do I need to remind you what you said?

Maybe the "more" meant more potential. :rolleyes: