Who still thinks CHI should have traded Deng & Noah & a pick for Carmelo Anthony?

Would you have traded Deng & Noah & a pick for Carmelo Anthony?

• Yes

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Will the trade for Melo fantasy ever end?
John Paxson and gar Foreman are running things.
Have people forgotten?
Please get over Melo....its been almost 2 years.
And will people(you know who you are) please stop comparing Melos stats to Dengs?
Nobody has ever sayed Deng was better than him.
Why make arguments over obvious shit that 2 year olds know the answer to?
Yeah, Melo is a great talent, but until some rings are on his finger, fuck him.....and the same goes for Lebron.
Enough of the LebronMelo nutswinging....Who cares about how much some posters here have a mancrush on them...
He's not going to be a Bull so enough with the speculations of the past.
Be happy with the team we have and support them, or else go support the Knicks and Heat.
I really don't give a shit.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTunhRVyREU]Meow Mix song - YouTube[/ame]

rc_roadster

Liked Posts:
Followed by this.

What the hell is this based on?

Melo has been a consistent Top 10 player in the NBA for over 5 years. What about his game is inconsistent or here and then gone? Where are you getting these ideas from and what are they based on?

Melo "not being a winner" is odd. He won a NC, his Denver teams routinely won 50+ games, the last time Melo played a full season on a losing team was....HS maybe? Grade school?

Meat ballish BS. If you can trade Noah for Melo straight up you do it. And laugh the entire time at the Knicks.

:turrible:
:obama:

At the bolded............Not enough :lol: gifs to even explain that.

No we don't. Great teams win titles.

This team hasn't won jack.

Overall your post was horseshit.

You seem incapable of having a debate without resorting to childish aggression. Sit down and relax.

Obviously I agree that a Noah-Melo straight swap would be a good deal. He's simply a much better player, I'm not disputing that.

"This team hasn't won jack" << my point is that melo and the knicks aren't exactly conquering the NBA are they genius? Incase you haven't noticed our bulls are doing precisely that with the names I have mentioned.

I'm not claiming Melo wouldn't benefit the team, but we'd loose too many key pieces in an attempt to aquiring him that we can't afford to loose. The reason why we are so good is because of our deep squad and great chemistry and desire to win .. every man playing for the jersey, even Lucas.

He can be as consistent as he likes, he ain't winning a thing.

Great teams win titles, I agree. Which is why trading for top players isn't always the answer. You are contradicting yourself. Great players does not equal a great team.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
You seem incapable of having a debate without resorting to childish aggression. Sit down and relax.

Obviously I agree that a Noah-Melo straight swap would be a good deal. He's simply a much better player, I'm not disputing that.

"This team hasn't won jack" << my point is that melo and the knicks aren't exactly conquering the NBA are they genius? Incase you haven't noticed our bulls are doing precisely that with the names I have mentioned.

I'm not claiming Melo wouldn't benefit the team, but we'd loose too many key pieces in an attempt to aquiring him that we can't afford to loose. The reason why we are so good is because of our deep squad and great chemistry and desire to win .. every man playing for the jersey, even Lucas.

Great teams win titles, I agree. Which is why trading for top players isn't always the answer. You are contradicting yourself. Great players does not equal a great team.

:pray:

Why do I get this sense that you were sent to this from from God himself to save our souls from eternal damnation? :shrug:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'll notice that the guys who criticize this current Bulls team on this forum overlook the intangible of team chemistry
Two things with this statement.

1. No we don't ignore team chemistry.

2. Being in favor of a Melo deal isn't a "criticism" of the current team. It's an evaluation of how to make a good team better possibly.

I mean, let's forget that Carmelo is having one of his worst seasons statistically.
A few factors for that.
1. Coaching
2. While his scoring shooting is down his shots are down, his assists and steals are up, his turnovers are down
3. Injuries
4. Better cast taking up points, shots, etc. Knicks are decently deep.
5. Shortened season as well. It's doing some screwy things to some players.

The problem is the inclusion of Carmleo would diminish our defense.
Melo's defense is much improved and he's not Kyle Korver out there. He's a more than serviceable defender. And when he really wants to lock down he will for stretches.

There's no real reason the Bulls couldn't go to a OKC type lineup/philosophy with Rose/Melo. And build towards that.

Rose/Westbrook
Rip(Brewer)/Thabo
Melo/Durant
Boozer(Gibson)/Ibaka
Asik/Perkins

Granted that's just immediately post trade and doesn't factor in bringing in some center/post help but you get the idea. The templates could be roughly the same.

On top of that, Carmelo proved with his exit from Denver that he's more concerned with himself than his team.
More utter bullshit. If Melo had forced his way HERE no one would care or be saying that.

This type of shit is just people trying to rationalize not wanting an uberly talented player when there really isn't a reason to NOT want him.

Sure. but that move would potentially destroy our chemistry, and most fans don't look at that potential "reward" as being worth the risk.
Well then most fans are stupid.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Two things with this statement.

1. No we don't ignore team chemistry.

2. Being in favor of a Melo deal isn't a "criticism" of the current team. It's an evaluation of how to make a good team better possibly.

A few factors for that.
1. Coaching
2. While his scoring shooting is down his shots are down, his assists and steals are up, his turnovers are down
3. Injuries
4. Better cast taking up points, shots, etc. Knicks are decently deep.
5. Shortened season as well. It's doing some screwy things to some players.

Melo's defense is much improved and he's not Kyle Korver out there. He's a more than serviceable defender. And when he really wants to lock down he will for stretches.

There's no real reason the Bulls couldn't go to a OKC type lineup/philosophy with Rose/Melo. And build towards that.

Rose/Westbrook
Rip(Brewer)/Thabo
Melo/Durant
Boozer(Gibson)/Ibaka
Asik/Perkins

Granted that's just immediately post trade and doesn't factor in bringing in some center/post help but you get the idea. The templates could be roughly the same.

More utter bullshit. If Melo had forced his way HERE no one would care or be saying that.

This type of shit is just people trying to rationalize not wanting an uberly talented player when there really isn't a reason to NOT want him.

Well then most fans are stupid.

It burns!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARm8Kdenac]Fuck Me! Scene From The Exorcist - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about you kiss my ass?

Ok then bringing up Noah's "fire" in relation to rather having that than Melo on the team is still Special person and by your own admission now completely pointless!

"This team hasn't won jack" << my point is that melo and the knicks aren't exactly conquering the NBA are they genius?
And neither are these Bulls.

Incase you haven't noticed our bulls are doing precisely that with the names I have mentioned.
LOL at "conquering the NBA" when this team hasn't even made it to the Finals.

I'm not claiming Melo wouldn't benefit the team, but we'd loose too many key pieces in an attempt to aquiring him that we can't afford to loose.
Two pieces.

At most.

And you're getting a HUGE key piece in return so the net loss is actually one "key piece".

That's not "too many".
The reason why we are so good is because of our deep squad and great chemistry and desire to win
MEATBALL ALERT!

Odd, neither has Rose.

But way to avoid actually answering any of the questions I posted that would have made you actually defend your view point intelligently.

Great teams win titles, I agree
So then this Bulls team is not great.

You just admitted you are wrong again.

Fantastic

I'm not contradicting a thing.

As I showed, and you've showed, your post was absolute horseshit.

rc_roadster

Liked Posts:
How about you kiss my ass?

Ok then bringing up Noah's "fire" in relation to rather having that than Melo on the team is still Special person and by your own admission now completely pointless!

And neither are these Bulls.

LOL at "conquering the NBA" when this team hasn't even made it to the Finals.

Two pieces.

At most.

And you're getting a HUGE key piece in return so the net loss is actually one "key piece".

That's not "too many".

MEATBALL ALERT!

Odd, neither has Rose.

But way to avoid actually answering any of the questions I posted that would have made you actually defend your view point intelligently.

So then this Bulls team is not great.

You just admitted you are wrong again.

Fantastic

I'm not contradicting a thing.

As I showed, and you've showed, your post was absolute horseshit.

Reviewing other's intelligence whilst using the term "meatball alert" and "kiss my ass" as a retort.....

Roll a joint or something son.

You are offended by everything. It's a forum. Opinions. What you basically want is everyone to agree with everything you say or you'll cause a fuss and shout like a petulant child.

All joking aside buddy, calm down. Hating another man's opinion only displays a closed minded attitude.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
rc_roadster :bow::bow:

its best to just put firsttimer on ignore, he will just keep on insulting you and never admit hes wrong so its not worth it, it gets annoying after awhile just let him make himself feel better by cussing others out over a forum since he clearly has nothing better to do, i like how he knows hes incapable of not being an asshole so he told you to kiss his ass :lol:

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Roll a joint or something son.
I don't smoke.

You are offended by everything. It's a forum. Opinions.
Should have known.

You're one of the morons in the "I can post my opinion and how dare you ask that I actually back it up during a discussion?!?" crowd.

What you basically want is everyone to agree with everything you say or you'll cause a fuss and shout like a petulant child
No.

What I want is that when you post something that you actually have some sort of logical basis to back it up.

You're the one acting like a child quite frankly. You're getting pissy with me and getting completely off subject because I called you out on your idiotic assertions/opinions and rather than answering the questions I posed(because you knew the answers would only serve to make you look even more foolish) you launch into some diatribe about "opinions" and smoking joints.

Your act isn't surprising around here, given what we usually deal with(Rami, Bear06, DePaul, etc) but it's always fun to have new people for me and hou to shred. Rami has mentally checked out, DePaul has me on "ignore", and Bear06 is 12 years old.

Hating another man's opinion only displays a closed minded attitude.
The only thing I "hate" about your opinion is that it has thus far not been grounded in any sound logic or factual basis'.

its best to just put firsttimer on ignore, he will just keep on insulting you and never admit hes wrong so its not worth it, it gets annoying after awhile just let him make himself feel better by cussing others out over a forum since he clearly has nothing better to do

You flunking out of DePaul yet?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
asik starting center?

tumblr_leixx67YWM1qcmnsoo1_r4_400.gif

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

its best to just put firsttimer on ignore, he will just keep on insulting you and never admit hes wrong so its not worth it, it gets annoying after awhile just let him make himself feel better by cussing others out over a forum since he clearly has nothing better to do, i like how he knows hes incapable of not being an asshole so he told you to kiss his ass :lol:

Why put FirstTimer on ignore.
Who wants to read the newspaper without the comic strips :shrug:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't smoke.

Should have known.

You're one of the morons in the "I can post my opinion and how dare you ask that I actually back it up during a discussion?!?" crowd.

No.

What I want is that when you post something that you actually have some sort of logical basis to back it up.

You're the one acting like a child quite frankly. You're getting pissy with me and getting completely off subject because I called you out on your idiotic assertions/opinions and rather than answering the questions I posed(because you knew the answers would only serve to make you look even more foolish) you launch into some diatribe about "opinions" and smoking joints.

Your act isn't surprising around here, given what we usually deal with(Rami, Bear06, DePaul, etc) but it's always fun to have new people for me and hou to shred. Rami has mentally checked out, DePaul has me on "ignore", and Bear06 is 12 years old.

The only thing I "hate" about your opinion is that it has thus far not been grounded in any sound logic or factual basis'.

Sorry that i dont use proper grammar on a forum where it doesnty matter :tongue: you try to damn hard to be a jackass

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
asik starting center?

tumblr_leixx67YWM1qcmnsoo1_r4_400.gif

yeah, trust me. Scary for me too seeing as I despise that guy but again that was the lineup like a millasecond after the trade. The point is that you would have made the Melo deal not with some myopic one year shot at winning but as part of a larger 5-10 year plan of pairing Rose and Melo and filling in the gaps from there. Asik doesn't have to be your starting center in perpetuity, nor should he be. But you gave up assets to get one so someone has to slide in. The Melo trade wasn't a "one move and done" scenario. It was a piece to the larger puzzle..which some people around here have had trouble grasping.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why put FirstTimer on ignore.
Who wants to read the newspaper without the comic strips :shrug:

his really long posts where he has to disect every single word a person says are annoying as shit when your on a mobile device :elephant:

rc_roadster

Liked Posts:
I don't smoke.

Should have known.

No.

The bolded part is pretty much exactly what you're doing. Your replies are things like "horseshit", "meatball" etc..

Are you seriously this deluded or a decent troll?

Consider me shredded then man, whatever lowers your blood pressure.

You aren't looking to debate, I was. I laid out an opinion without resorting to swearing, bashing other and generally acting like a smug bastard. Don't take it personal that I disagree with you, it happens.

Because you feel so strongly about your opinion doesn't make it FACT.

I have no "act" and have no interest in your relationship with others on here. But now that you mention it, everyone else has been really welcoming to me but you.

Drop the whole aggressive thing, it serves no purpose other than making you come accross slightly deranged. I agree with a lot of your views, but its hard to respect that when you go about things the way you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.