Who the hell is getting the six seed in the NFC?

WHO MAKES IT?

• Vikings

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Panthers

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers

• Bucs

• Giants

• Lions

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Falcons

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Well Panthers play Saints twice, and Eagles look like crap. Vikings ain't looking better but they have the .5 game lead with 3 to go so I'm taking them.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
They're football players. They don't need to be babied. I'll never forget when Tom Coughlin had the Giants play hard in a "meaningless" week 17 game. People thought it was stupid but two months later he was hoisting the trophy.

If there is something to be gained week 17 the Bears will go out there and try to gain it. Hell, I think they are pissed off enough at Minnesota that they will try and knock them out of the playoffs even if a win does nothing for the Bears. Nagy has shown himself to be aggressive almost to a fault at times and this team is a pack of hungry dogs.

Obviously there are players who need the rest, similar to the Mack situation in the middle of the year, and its not like they would attack the game with the same desperation they would if it were do or die...but don't roll over. Don't go into the dance on a sour note.

Resting too many guys and going soft in the last game of the year always seems to spell bad news.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
That’s a big “if” to entertain when you could just have the sure thing of rested, fresh players.

Don’t necessarily agree with the mindset. I’m speaking purely on how Nagy probably sees it. Who knows for sure, but his actions and words thus far would seem to back up my assertion.
I would think Nagy a fool if he didn't play to win if he could keep or gain a (higher) seed in the playoffs. Playoffs are sudden death. As if it doesn't matter that you're playing in Soldier field compared to NO, LA or Seattle... it means everything.

If a player is injured, Nagy might rest him. That's not the same as just resting starters. I mean I know most players are not "100%", but if they can play better than the backup, and not at a specific higher risk of re-injury, he'd be a fool not to play them.

Besides, teams tend to play worse coming back from a bye. A fair number of Coaches have played their starters the last week as a matter of essential practice. The anecdotal evidence I heard was it's been successful.

Still, I agree with you that Nagy will rest specific starters, especially if they are injured, on a case-by-case basis, and if a game is locked up in the 4th Qtr, as Nagy has done with Mack, Robinson and Trubisky -- but I don't think Nagy is going to 'rest starters in masse' when the Playoff Seed is on the line (which is looking extremely likely).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Vikes take it and we play them in back to back weeks.