Who will be Other Bears QB in 2021 (FOLES AND ??) --> Pool and discuss!

Who will be Bears QB in 2021 (other than Foles)

• Mitch Trubisky

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Derek Carr

• Matthew Stafford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Mariota

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Andy Dalton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlson Wentz

• Jameis Winston

• Deshawn Watson

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Draft Choice

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Davide

Liked Posts:
I don't ask who is your favourite, but who do you think will be the Bears QB other then Foles.

Could be a draft pick?

A big veteran QB like Ryan, Stafford,Dalton..

a QB in their prime with problem in their actual team (Watson obv, Carr)

a QB with talent that could emerge (Wentz,Winston)

take Mitch?

Select a QB in the early draft picks and risk?

I hope that the Bears can take Stafford or Carr (Watson is not realistic) but i think that Nagy and Pace could jump to Wentz bandwagon.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It will be Nick Foles

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
OTHER

Nick Foles would be the cheapest, but they better have Tyler Bray ready to go because Foles maybe injured by the 4th game.

Luke

Liked Posts:
As they repeated several times yesterday in the presser, the QB position needs to improve and imo immediately.

I believe that there is a sense of urgency to be a legit playoff contender in 2021 which they haven’t been the past 2 years. Pace/Nagy are on the hot seat and in desperation mode.

We have seen the uninspiring list of ufa’s led by Mitch and maybe Fitzmagic which I don’t think is a realistic way to improve the QB position.

There’s a very real chance that they do select a QB at #20 or earlier if they trade up but odds are that player won’t be ready to play at a high enough level to help the team win now. Does a bright shiny toy that probably struggles as a rookie help keep Pace/Nagy around in 2022, I don’t know.

So I think that Pace will explore the trade route to improve the QB position now.

I’m not talking about some pie in the sky fantasy like all this Watson talk, he ain’t going anywhere.

I’m suggesting they trade for someone who is better than Mitch who could get them into the playoffs but probably not to a championship level. This is all the Mcclasky’s really want which goes all the way back to the 80’s when they told Mcmahon that they don’t need to win a super bowl. This however, should not preclude them form selecting one early in the draft depending who they trade for.

With all of that said, I think they trade for Carr or Mariota as the Raiders are 18mil over the cap while Carr is a 22mil cap hit and Mariota is 11mil for the raiders

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
mmh, i write the message "other than Foles"...
Yeah, I know, but that's the most logical answer. He's already under contract and is a vet.

My best guess would be Pace drafts one and he sits behind Foles until he is ready or Foles gets hurt.

Davide

Liked Posts:
With all of that said, I think they trade for Carr or Mariota as the Raiders are 18mil over the cap while Carr is a 22mil cap hit and Mariota is 11mil for the raiders

Thanks for the reply, i think Mariota is not clearly better than Mitch, but if i remember well, was one of the favourite player of Ryan Pace. Pray for Carr.

Davide

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I know, but that's the most logical answer. He's already under contract and is a vet.

My best guess would be Pace drafts one and he sits behind Foles until he is ready or Foles gets hurt.

Sad, but makes sense.

But starting Foles means that nagy & pace will be fired at the end of the season.

They need to make a better record to save their jobs. And a better QB.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As they repeated several times yesterday in the presser, the QB position needs to improve and imo immediately.

I believe that there is a sense of urgency to be a legit playoff contender in 2021 which they haven’t been the past 2 years. Pace/Nagy are on the hot seat and in desperation mode.

We have seen the uninspiring list of ufa’s led by Mitch and maybe Fitzmagic which I don’t think is a realistic way to improve the QB position.

There’s a very real chance that they do select a QB at #20 or earlier if they trade up but odds are that player won’t be ready to play at a high enough level to help the team win now. Does a bright shiny toy that probably struggles as a rookie help keep Pace/Nagy around in 2022, I don’t know.

So I think that Pace will explore the trade route to improve the QB position now.

I’m not talking about some pie in the sky fantasy like all this Watson talk, he ain’t going anywhere.

I’m suggesting they trade for someone who is better than Mitch who could get them into the playoffs but probably not to a championship level. This is all the Mcclasky’s really want which goes all the way back to the 80’s when they told Mcmahon that they don’t need to win a super bowl. This however, should not preclude them form selecting one early in the draft depending who they trade for.

As they also did yesterday...they lied thru their teeth.
I only heard 1 truth. Sadly they said money was not an issue.....high means we are screwed for a couple more seasons

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you fix the OL issues and bring in a decent DC, Mitch will be fine short term. I don’t see us going another route at QB unless a vet like Rivers, Carr, or Stafford are let go and signed for about the same contract as Trubs would.

I don’t see any way we roll with Foles and a rookie at QB. That is not good for the short term or the long term.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thanks for the reply, i think Mariota is not clearly better than Mitch, but if i remember well, was one of the favourite player of Ryan Pace. Pray for Carr.
Mariota is better than Mitch.......think about what that actually means!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Had to go draft choice. Trubs isn't coming back, and they aren't going to invest more big money at the QB position.

So I think they roll the dice and see what the draft has to offer. Its risky, but I believe they have to draft a QB and if they sign a big FA QB that would mean 3 QBs on the roster.

Luke

Liked Posts:

Oh, I would prefer Carr, but think that Mariota is much more viable.
I also don't think MM is much better than Mitch at this point, but Pace liked him back when and he has a chance to succeed here. Plus, he is not Mitch.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you fix the OL issues and bring in a decent DC, Mitch will be fine short term. I don’t see us going another route at QB unless a vet like Rivers or Stafford are let go and signed for about the same contract as Trubs would.

I don’t see any way we roll with Foles and a rookie at QB. That is not good for the short term or the long term.
Let’s here your plan with limited cap space.
1. If you cut Foles, it is 10 mil in dead money instead of a 6.6 mil cap hit.
2. Right now we have very little if any cap space.
3. Pace is the GM.
4. Nagy is the head coach
5. We have seen what they can do. It is not pretty.

Rise

Liked Posts:
They will trade 3 1st and 3 2nd for Watson who will then tear his ACL again and become skittish for the rest of his career.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cam Newton should probably be on the list, and Carlson's brother Carson ? ?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Had to go draft choice. Trubs isn't coming back, and they aren't going to invest more big money at the QB position.

So I think they roll the dice and see what the draft has to offer. Its risky, but I believe they have to draft a QB and if they sign a big FA QB that would mean 3 QBs on the roster.
Mitch is gone already, unless you think they are going to tag him for 26 mil.
If they do that you might as well give up on next season.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cam Newton should probably be on the list, and Carlson's brother Carson ? ?
Only if he will plays for the same contract he played under in New England where he proved to be only as good as what we had in 2020.
Lol