Paul George

Other(who?)

Trade

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Henry because thats who i want and theyve drafted the guys i wanted a few times.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
he would be great, but im pullin for James Anderson.

xCraCKz

Liked Posts:
Nobody. I hope they package it with Deng for Bosh.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Here is what I hope their board looks like:

1. Avery Bradley
2. Paul George
3. Xavier Henry
4. James Anderson
5. Someone that Toronto or Cleveland wants

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone is so high on Xavier Henry. Never really impressed me this year when I saw him.

I'd like to see James Anderson.

I saw one mock who had us taking Jordan Crawford......I'd mess my pants.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope they trade it.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone is so high on Xavier Henry. Never really impressed me this year when I saw him.

I don't know how much you got to see him play, but living just 20 minutes from Kansas University, I was able to watch ALL his college games.

He was the second highest scoring player on arguably the best college team in the country. Admittedly, his stats (13.4 ppg, 4.4 rebounds) aren't very impressive, but in my opinion, that's only because he shared the court with senior Sherron Collins and junior Cole Aldrich. On lesser teams I have no doubt that he could've averaged between 25 and 30 ppg. He's a very unselfish player and probably could've scored 20 ppg even on that Jayhawks team if he was more of a ball hog.

From USA Today:
A smooth left-handed shooter who scored mostly from the outside, Henry was a starter from the opening day on a team that finished 32-3. Even though he was one of the most highly sought players ever to sign with Kansas, Henry proved a good teammate who never tried to hog the ball or the spotlight.

From Rivals.com:
A do everything guard at 6-foot-6, Henry has the tools to be a star at the highest level. He is a prolific scorer with a complete arsenal of scoring moves. And with his size and athleticism, he can defend as well as rebound with the big boys.

DraftExpress lists his strengths as:
- All-around offensive polish
- Efficiency
- Scoring instincts
- Commitment to playing defense
- Defensive fundamentals
- Intelligence
- Likelihood of reaching potential
- Role-player potential
- Strong Intangibles
- Understands limitations
- Solid passer
- Above average athleticism
- Coordination
- NBA body
- Size for position
- 3-point range
- 3-point shooting percentages

And according to NBADraft.net:
Strengths: Eighteen year old freshman with an effortless, fluid style ... His body is NBA ready - built like a freight train possessing tremendous strength ... Ideal frame for a shooting guard or small forward at the next level. Naturally gifted scorer (28 ppg as a HS senior) with a deadly shooting eye. Prolific shooter from beyond the arc with tremendous range. Pure stroke with a quick, smooth release. No hitches ... Uses his legs very well on his shot getting good lift ... Effective slashing to the hoop where he can attack the rim and seek out contact ... Finishes extremely well, shrugging off defenders with ease ... Gets to the free throw line regularly and is automatic. Active on the glass ... Can be a terrific rebounding wing with his strength and freakish wingspan (6.7 per game in 2009 and 7.2 in 2008) ... A thief when playing off the ball defensively, reading passing lanes and intercepting passes (1.7 spg through his first seven collegiate games). Refreshing positive attitude on the court. Always smiling, seeming to truly enjoy the game of basketball ... Hard worker and very coachable, which is rare for a player of his stature.

Henry's biggest weaknesses are that he doesn't have explosive speed, and he turns over the ball too much, but I think ball handling skills can be coached.

IMHO, Xavier would be a much needed outside shooter who would spread the floor and create opportunities for Rose and LeBron (or whatever superstar we end up with.)

Unfortunately, I think he'll get snatched up before the Bulls get to pick. At any rate, I do tend to think that a player like Anderson might be a better fit for this Bulls team, but if Henry falls I would love to see the Bulls get him.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Welcome chicagoboy2!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much you got to see him play

Never............

Actually quite a bit.

, but in my opinion, that's only because he shared the court with senior Sherron Collins and junior Cole Aldrich. On lesser teams I have no doubt that he could've averaged between 25 and 30 ppg. He's a very unselfish player and probably could've scored 20 ppg even on that Jayhawks team if he was more of a ball hog.

Henry never passed my "eye test".Yeah he played within the system well but in all honesty I was never blown away or really impressed overall witgh any game I saw him play in. Those games where he put up big points were nice but overall on the season I never saw him as the type of player I would clamor for on my NBA team.

Just seems like a lot of people are really high on him..perhaps a bit too high IMO.

If the Bulls get him I'd be fine with it...but I'm not going to bust a nut over the guy when whenever I saw him play came away with a "meh" feeling more often than not.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I wish the Bulls would have drafted Chase Budinger last year...guy was a sharpshooter in college and is doing well in Houston

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish the Bulls would have drafted Chase Budinger last year...guy was a sharpshooter in high school and is doing well in Houston

But James Johnson= beast.............................................. :smh:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
lol

had to edit my last post...I saw him in college not high school. lol

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
i have a feeling its going to be either George or Anderson.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Henry never passed my "eye test".

I understand what you are saying. I actually had the same impression of Wall that you have of Henry. (Maybe I'm nuts but) I didn't even think he was the best player on his team, let alone the best college player in the nation. In the games I watched, Cousins look better than Wall. It's all about perception. There's a lot of subjectivity, I guess, in trying to predict who's gonna be a great player in the NBA.

I'm certainly no expert. I got to see most of Michael Beasly's games at K-state, which is about 50 minutes away from here. When the Bulls got the 1st pick in the draft, I was so excited that they had a chance get him, and I was kind of disappointed that they picked the "local kid" instead of the "best player." I'm very happy to say that I was wrong about that, and I'm so glad they went with Rose instead.

Sometimes great College players turn out to be NBA busts, and sometimes average college players develop into good pros.

I knew when the Bulls picked Joakim Noah that he was gonna be great. So sometimes I get it right :)