Who's the best WR in this draft?

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Give me JSN the Slot God!

He would be a huge help to Fields since he has a knack for getting open, especially when the play breaks down. He has great hands. People say he’s not fast but neither is Cooper Kupp. I think JSN has the potential to have similar impact.
Up until he pulls his hamstring, again.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I believe proportionate to where he will be drafted he will be the best WR in the draft

It’s kind of a meh WR draft. I don’t trust taking a guy like Johnston, Hyatt, or JSN in the first round.

I’d rather take Tillman in the 2nd or 3rd. He’s as physically gifted as Johnston is at 6’3 215. Runs a complete route tree and has that alpha dog in him.

Tillman has also produced in the toughest college conference whereas Johnston did his damage against some sus big 12 defenses. Then he got shut down by Georgia, which sure it happens to alot of guys but still only lends to the question of competition
We'll see come combine time if Tillman is the equal of Johnston in terms of raw athleticism.

Tillman is a 1-year wonder (and it wasn't even his draft year). He also played in a much friendlier system to produce as a WR than Johnston.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I really like JSN even if he isn't quite the physical specimen as Quentin Johnson (Not saying JSN is a slouch whatsoever physically). Also Ohio State WR's have a very good track record recently.
He also is one of the best blocking WRs too.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We'll see come combine time if Tillman is the equal of Johnston in terms of raw athleticism.

Tillman is a 1-year wonder (and it wasn't even his draft year). He also played in a much friendlier system to produce as a WR than Johnston.
Not sure what metrics you’re referring to…but, here’s tillmans draft profile and it lists what percentile he ranks in terms of height, weight, speed, hand size, wingspan, and arm length.

you’ll see that he is in the 90+% in all of them except for speed

in regards to your claim he was a 1 year wonder…he was hurt this season or you would of seen similar numbers as last year.

isnt MHJ a one year wonder at this point too? Yet, everyone on CCS is ready to draft that 1 year wonder a full year and a half before he gets drafted.

hell, this was Johnson’s first season eclipsing 1,000 yards…maybe he is a 1 year wonder?? If you’re going to apply it to tillman, you have to to Johnston as well. Consistency!

johnston despite his size, isn’t great at contested balls…Tillman is phenomenal at this. Johnston also suffers from drops. Johnston is also a poor blocker, tillman is a solid blocker…he actually got hurt while blocking and had someone roll up on his leg

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not sure what metrics you’re referring to…but, here’s tillmans draft profile and it lists what percentile he ranks in terms of height, weight, speed, hand size, wingspan, and arm length.

in regards to your claim he was a 1 year wonder…he was hurt this season or you would of seen similar numbers as last year.

isnt MHJ a one year wonder at this point too? Yet, everyone on CCS is ready to draft that 1 year wonder a full year and a half before he gets drafted.

hell, this was Johnson’s first season eclipsing 1,000 yards…maybe he is a 1 year wonder?? If you’re going to apply it to tillman, you have to to Johnston as well. Consistency!

johnston despite his size, isn’t great at contested balls…Tillman is phenomenal at this. Johnston also suffers from drops. Johnston is also a poor blocker, tillman is a solid blocker…he actually got hurt while blocking and had someone roll up on his leg

Most of these guys have only crossed 1000 yds this season. They all one hit wonders!

That's why I like Nathaniel "Tank" Dell out of Houston!

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:

Tillman has spent 5 years in college and has 1600 yards for his entire career.
Johnston has spent 3 years in college and has 2200 yards for his entire career.

My point is that being a 1-year wonder is less of an issue when you're a true junior coming out rather than a 5th year senior.
And Marvin Harrison Jr is a true Soph. Again, not comparable to Tillman who needed 4 years to have more than 4 catches in a season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tillman has spent 5 years in college and has 1600 yards for his entire career.
Johnston has spent 3 years in college and has 2200 yards for his entire career.

My point is that being a 1-year wonder is less of an issue when you're a true junior coming out rather than a 5th year senior.
And Marvin Harrison Jr is a true Soph. Again, not comparable to Tillman who needed 4 years to have more than 4 catches in a season.
K now address everything else I posted regarding Tillman being top 90+% in everything but speed

Also address the issues with Johnston I brought up

Tillman played for a different coach in a different system until his breakout year under Heupel.

I’d put that more on the previous coach being inept at identifying talent…I mean he did get fired for sucking ass as a coach and also lying and cheating.

Tillman flat out didn’t get playing time until his breakout year. Look up snaps played

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
K now address everything else I posted regarding Tillman being top 90+% in everything but speed

Also address the issues with Johnston I brought up

Tillman played for a different coach in a different system until his breakout year under Heupel.

I’d put that more on the previous coach being inept at identifying talent…I mean he did get fired for sucking ass as a coach and also lying and cheating.

Tillman flat out didn’t get playing time until his breakout year. Look up snaps played
I have no idea where the measurements come from. The combine is useful because it's a consistent setting to look at measurements.

So in my view, there isn't really any data yet in terms of physicals/combine athletic testing. Which is why I said "we'll see".

Again, not playing snaps until your 4th year with a program is flatly a red flag. Doesn't mean he's not a decent talent/prospect, but it's a concern.

I think Tillman is fine and would be an upgrade for our WR corps, but you seem like a homer about him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have no idea where the measurements come from. The combine is useful because it's a consistent setting to look at measurements.

So in my view, there isn't really any data yet in terms of physicals/combine athletic testing. Which is why I said "we'll see".

Again, not playing snaps until your 4th year with a program is flatly a red flag. Doesn't mean he's not a decent talent/prospect, but it's a concern.

I think Tillman is fine and would be an upgrade for our WR corps, but you seem like a homer about him.
Lol got it, you don’t believe the measurements to be accurate within a margin of error. No point in continuing to discuss with you then

And homer? You mean just like I was the first person to say that drafting VJJ(another Tennessee WR) last year was a massive mistake and reach?

Spare me your attempt to paint me as a homer, I’ve been critical of Tennessee players in the past. I’ve literally never banged the table for a Tennessee player to be a bear in the 9 years I’ve been posting on here. Tillman is the first I’ve made it a point to say would look great in a bears uniform

Nice try, doe! I get why you’d grasp at that at this point

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Lol got it, you don’t believe the measurements to be accurate within a margin of error. No point in continuing to discuss with you then

And homer? You mean just like I was the first person to say that drafting VJJ(another Tennessee WR) last year was a massive mistake and reach?

Spare me your attempt to paint me as a homer, I’ve been critical of Tennessee players in the past. I’ve literally never banged the table for a Tennessee player to be a bear in the 9 years I’ve been posting on here. Tillman is the first I’ve made it a point to say would look great in a bears uniform

Nice try, doe! I get why you’d grasp at that at this point
I am not afraid to admit that I'd rather wait for official measurements rather than relying on "NFLDraftBuzz".

The whole point of Johnston as an elite WR prospect is if he can prove himself an outlier physically. If he tests comparable to Tillman, then he's very likely going to sink in the draft.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am not afraid to admit that I'd rather wait for official measurements rather than relying on "NFLDraftBuzz".

The whole point of Johnston as an elite WR prospect is if he can prove himself an outlier physically. If he tests comparable to Tillman, then he's very likely going to sink in the draft.
Lmao, nfldraftbuzz isn’t the one doing these measurements, they are getting them from somewhere and posting the information.

and again, tillman physically is a monster sans speed, so if Johnstons measurable are comparable, it isn’t going to cause him to slide…it’d actually bode well for him. Those measurables don’t measure being soft or drops, though

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Where are you getting yours?

I thought I read that he was likely healthy enough to play but he didn’t want to re-aggravate the hammy prior to the draft
Like I said. In fact, him shutting it down due to fear he might re-aggravate it pretty much says he wasn't healthy enough to go, that the hammy was still not 100% and still a concern.

Come on. If playing for a chance to win a national championship is not motivation enough, then he clearly was NOT healthy.

Hamstring problems that last entire season are not your garden variety strains. This is a major red flag IMO, and I hope we stay far away from JSN!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Like I said. In fact, him shutting it down due to fear he might re-aggravate it pretty much says he wasn't healthy enough to go, that the hammy was still not 100% and still a concern.

Come on. If playing for a chance to win a national championship is not motivation enough, then he clearly was NOT healthy.

Hamstring problems that last entire season are not your garden variety strains. This is a major red flag IMO, and I hope we stay far away from JSN!
I get what you're saying, but he CLEARLY was making a (smart) business decision (to not play). He's going to the NFL draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Rice has the potential to be a really good pro. He has enough of everything athletically and physically and really love the way he plucks the ball with a somewhat aggressive nature.

Just watched him for the first time.

Love at first sight. That kid is going to be good!

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Do you really believe that?
Cedric Tillman is the best receiver in this draft. As long as he gets healthy and makes a complete recovery, there isn't another receiver I trust to win 50/50 balls and be a #1 security blanket.

But I would be happy with JSM or Addison. Just stay completley away from Big 12 players. No Thank You to Queinten Johnston.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Quinten Johnston is the best WR in the draft. I do think Jalin Hyatt is the 1st off the board though after he runs a sub 4.3 at the combine. I think you'll see a run on WR around 17-30. Hyatt, Johnston, and Addison all go before 30. I think JSN could go in this range as well, but he could also be there at the beginning of day 2 as well. After that, Flowers, Downs, Boutte and Rice should all go day 2, though the order depends on preference.
I think Hyatt is going to be the guy a couple years from now people are going to be saying "i cant believe he went that low". I know there is the criticism of the one year wonder or he isnt the best route runner but the dude catches everything in his viscinity and he world class fast. I think he is going to be great and id love to see him in chicago but odds of that are close to zero unless we pick up HOustons two first rounders in a trade.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Cedric Tillman is the best receiver in this draft. As long as he gets healthy and makes a complete recovery, there isn't another receiver I trust to win 50/50 balls and be a #1 security blanket.

But I would be happy with JSM or Addison. Just stay completley away from Big 12 players. No Thank You to Queinten Johnston.
Honestly ive watched several videos of Johnston and im not all that impressed. I thought the Bears should take him early on if possible but i was buying into the hype. Went and did my own research and i agree id pass. Tillman could be the best but i think Hyatt could be the best reciever in this draft.