Why are these trades being "agreed upon" not tampering?

Mitchapalooza

I thought you couldn't contact other teams about trades until the new league year starts?

FoCo

Liked Posts:
Tampering is when a team contacts a player not on their team without the players team knowledge or permission. It is not tampering when a team contacts another team about a player.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Trades can happen before free agency starts, but they are formalized at that time.

Vested Vets that have been cut can sign with another team anytime after they've been cut (i.e. before free agency starts)

There's a 3 day window before the start of free agency (March 19th) where agents and teams can discuss deals and get the details in place so they can become official at the start of free agency.

Mitchapalooza

Trades can happen before free agency starts, but they are formalized at that time.

Vested Vets that have been cut can sign with another team anytime after they've been cut (i.e. before free agency starts)

There's a 3 day window before the start of free agency (March 19th) where agents and teams can discuss deals and get the details in place so they can become official at the start of free agency.

FA Starts March 10th, not the 19th. and thanks I understand it now.