Why does Cutler get injured every year?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
You implied that Trestman somehow turned Gannon's career around. That's what you were saying.

Gannon hinself attributes a lot of why he was so good late in his career and to Trestman. Cutler isn't terrible either. So the fact that Gannon was pretty good before Trestman but evem better after could prove to go the same way with Cutler.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Gannon hinself attributes a lot of why he was so good late in his career and to Trestman. Cutler isn't terrible either. So the fact that Gannon was pretty good before Trestman but evem better after could prove to go the same way with Cutler.

And? That doesn't change the fact that Gannon was one of the best in the NFL before Trestman.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
And? That doesn't change the fact that Gannon was one of the best in the NFL before Trestman.

Hey....read this...

Nah, he just helped Gannon to his #1 and #3 passing yardage seasons, #2 and #3 TD seasons, #2 and #3 yards per game averages, and #1 and #2 passer ratings for his career. But don't worry, none of that matters because Gannon made the fucking stupid ass pro bowl a couple years!

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

I srsly don't know what you are arguing right now. The statement was Jay would need a Rich Gannon type resurrection. I'm saying Trestman was a big part in Gannon's best seasons.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Because you touch yourself at night.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I srsly don't know what you are arguing right now. The statement was Jay would need a Rich Gannon type resurrection. I'm saying Trestman was a big part in Gannon's best seasons.

Gannon was already resurrected before Trestman arrived.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you guys bitched about Rex getting hurt. Nobody calls Jay the Sex Cannon. Not for a few weeks anyway.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gannon was already resurrected before Trestman arrived.

What ever man. You win if it makes you happy. I don't feel like arguing this point. There really isn't a point anyway.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't quite get the Gannon arguments that were going on. It seems pretty clear that Gannon's career took a giant turnaround when he got to Oakland after over a decade of mediocrity at best. He was a pro bowl player his first 4 seasons there but my understanding is that Trestman came in Oakland year 3.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
And you guys bitched about Rex getting hurt.

No they didn't, these stupid fucks kept going on about how great he would be if he could stay healthy for a full season, they waited 3years for him to have a healthy season, then after they found out he sucked ass, they still wanted to give him a chance in 2007, we finally have a good QB who's gotten injured, and they don't want to wait on him, they want to replace him for some odd reason.

Bears fans are like a woman who complains that there are no good guys (QBs) out there because you've experienced nothing but bad ones, then you finally get a good one, and since you don't know what that is, or what it looks like, you want to replace him, so when you get your wish, you'll find out the grass isn't greener on the other side, and want him back, but by that time he'd had moved on to bigger, better things.

Then Bears fans will say:

Why wasn't he this good for us?!
We should've re-signed him!!!
Fire Trestman!!!
Fire Emery!!!
Another Bears player that leaves and gets better...etc

be careful what you wish for...

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they didn't, these stupid fucks kept going on about how great he would be if he could stay healthy for a full season, they waited 3years for him to have a healthy season, then after they found out he sucked ass, they still wanted to give him a chance in 2007, we finally have a good QB who's gotten injured, and they don't want to wait on him, they want to replace him for some odd reason.

Bears fans are like a woman who complains that there are no good guys (QBs) out there because you've experienced nothing but bad ones, then you finally get a good one, and since you don't know what that is, or what it looks like, you want to replace him, so when you get your wish, you'll find out the grass isn't greener on the other side, and want him back, but by that time he'd had moved on to bigger, better things.

Then Bears fans will say:

Why wasn't he this good for us?!
We should've re-signed him!!!
Fire Trestman!!!
Fire Emery!!!
Another Bears player that leaves and gets better...etc

be careful what you wish for...

Couldn't agree more.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem is that the fans here worship at the alter of unrealistic expectations. Some of the problem is that for years we have seen our biggest rivals stuff us with Hall of Fame quality quarterbacks since the early 90s. It is frustrating to say the least. So we want our own super QB yet those kinds of QBs rarely come along no matter how much you try. The fact that Green Bay lucked out twice in a row is particularly frustrating but we need to realize that as far as QBs go Cutler is very good. Unfortunately the same features that make Cutler so much fun to watch at times is also the same qualities that can get him hurt. Mobility is a double edged sword.

Is he fragile? Probably not any more than any other NFL QB today. But his style of play does lead to increased risk, which can lead to injury.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The problem is that the fans here worship at the alter of unrealistic expectations. Some of the problem is that for years we have seen our biggest rivals stuff us with Hall of Fame quality quarterbacks since the early 90s. It is frustrating to say the least. So we want our own super QB yet those kinds of QBs rarely come along no matter how much you try. The fact that Green Bay lucked out twice in a row is particularly frustrating but we need to realize that as far as QBs go Cutler is very good. Unfortunately the same features that make Cutler so much fun to watch at times is also the same qualities that can get him hurt. Mobility is a double edged sword.

Is he fragile? Probably not any more than any other NFL QB today. But his style of play does lead to increased risk, which can lead to injury.

Or maybe it's not luck?

As for Cutler, can he be very good? Absolutely, but he can also be down right abysmal to the point of costing the team wins; therefore he averages out to a merely good QB, minus the advantage of consistency. I mean imagine if your a coach and week in and week out you simply don't know what kind of play you're going to get out of your QB, his he going to play lights out putting the whole team on his shoulders, or is he going to do everything in his power to single-handedly cost you the game?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is always an element of luck involved. I am sure Sam Bradford looked like a no miss QB. Sanchez looked to be the man in New York. San Diego got rid of Brees to get Rivers. Ponder was supposed to be the savior in Minnesota. Brett Favre was looking to be a career backup until he was traded to Green Bay. I highly suspect that if Favre hadn't retired that Rodgers wouldn't have even stayed in Green Bay (he was in a contract year when Favre retired). The simple fact is that more high QB drafts bust out rather than work out. It is always a crapshoot and for every Manning, Rodgers or Luck you have the Bradfords, the Alex Smiths (a solid QB but not a 1st overall pick talent), Tim Couches and Ryan Leafs.