Why don't they show the matchup against Brandon Marshall..

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Sherman's sound FX. I wonder how much Dick Sherman was bumping his gums to Brandon, considering that Brandon got 109 of his 165 yards against Dick.

Jay had a 109 rating throwing on Dick.

It would have been interesting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
I think he did win with humilty. He immediately went over to Crabtree last year and said great game and tried to shake his hand, Crabtree dismissed him.

I don't know, I think people try to lump him in with T.O. and Ochocinco and stuff. But he doesn't seem to have the same baggage off the field, that's what bothers me more.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are other great corners. And they don't constantly run off at the mouth.

But Brandon flat out wiped his ass with Sherman. I would of loved to hear him run his mouth in that matchup.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think he did win with humilty. He immediately went over to Crabtree last year and said great game and tried to shake his hand, Crabtree dismissed him.

I don't know, I think people try to lump him in with T.O. and Ochocinco and stuff. But he doesn't seem to have the same baggage off the field, that's what bothers me more.

So one instance, with someone who he's clearly had huge beef with? It sounded more like he was doing it to piss Crabtree off since they basically hate each other. I personally like Sherman, the shit talking doesn't bother me, but he isn't anywhere near humble and there's no point in trying to pretend he is in any form. And Ochocinco nor T.O. had any off the field baggage while playing that I recall.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Why do people hate Richard Sherman so much? Yes, he's brash, but he's earned that right.

Agreed. I kinda like the kid.
The league spent decades with brash WRs talking trash to everyone who'd listen.
Sherman's leading a group of young CBs who are doing the same now.
I'm glad to see things even out a little in that regard.

But here's the thing. While I don't mind him talking trash as much as he wants, when you stop backing it up, you're gonna get nailed for it.
Sherman will be just fine this year I'd imagine, but I watched most of that Chargers game and Rivers and his WRs showed absolutely no fear of taking it right to him.
And Sherman didn't look like he did last year.
Maybe he's not quite into it this year, or battling a little injury or something ... who knows, but he was pretty lax out their in coverage several times, and it cost his team.
So now he gets to take some heat for it. That's the way it should be.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, the league ban on mugging WRs probably isn't going to help Sherman much either Wulf; that was a huge part of his game.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I kinda like the kid.
The league spent decades with brash WRs talking trash to everyone who'd listen.
Sherman's leading a group of young CBs who are doing the same now.
I'm glad to see things even out a little in that regard.

But here's the thing. While I don't mind him talking trash as much as he wants, when you stop backing it up, you're gonna get nailed for it.
Sherman will be just fine this year I'd imagine, but I watched most of that Chargers game and Rivers and his WRs showed absolutely no fear of taking it right to him.
And Sherman didn't look like he did last year.
Maybe he's not quite into it this year, or battling a little injury or something ... who knows, but he was pretty lax out their in coverage several times, and it cost his team.
So now he gets to take some heat for it. That's the way it should be.

Sherman is the best CB in the NFL. So what if he allowed a few catches for 50 yards. He hasn't allowed any explosive plays or TDs like Revis or Peterson so far. He surely didn't cost his team...he doesn't guard TEs. He is a really smart guy and I don't mind the talk because he backs it up and is pretty funny.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
True, they like to play it physical up there.
But even if you take away the physical, he's one of the best cover guys in the league. He sure didn't show that against the Chargers though.

I really think it would be a guy like Marshall that would take more advantage of Sherman now that he can't play Marshall as physical.
I'd love to see it in the playoffs. I think Marshall could outplay him.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Sherman is the best CB in the NFL. So what if he allowed a few catches for 50 yards. He hasn't allowed any explosive plays or TDs like Revis or Peterson so far. He surely didn't cost his team...he doesn't guard TEs. He is a really smart guy and I don't mind the talk because he backs it up and is pretty funny.

Like I said, I don't mind the talk at all. I enjoy listening to him talk.
But what made him the "best CB in the league" last year, he didn't do against the Chargers ... so now he takes some heat.
It's the way it's supposed to be.
In terms of costing his team, just because he wasn't guarding Gates doesn't mean he didn't give up a couple pretty costly first downs when his team needed stops.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True, they like to play it physical up there.
But even if you take away the physical, he's one of the best cover guys in the league. He sure didn't show that against the Chargers though.

I really think it would be a guy like Marshall that would take more advantage of Sherman now that he can't play Marshall as physical.
I'd love to see it in the playoffs. I think Marshall could outplay him.

Marshall already showed this. Mugging or not, Sherman may be a physical corner, but against Marshall, he looks like a wet paper bag

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

dude, his sarcastic good game and trolling guys who just lost is exactly what set Crabtree off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;xOE3JYPVbws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOE3JYPVbws[/video]

he sure meant good game when he ran over there. Good sportsmanship would mean the same good game if he lost, I guarantee that aint happening and he was just trying to cuckold Crabtree by shaking on it right then. He was being a complete dickhead

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
What i know is this...if he was on the Bears this entire board would have a giant boner over him and repeatedly say things like, "He's tough and physical and plays the game the right way", guaranteed. I don't see a reason to change that mindset just because he isn't on the Bears.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;xOE3JYPVbws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOE3JYPVbws[/video]

he sure meant good game when he ran over there. Good sportsmanship would mean the same good game if he lost, I guarantee that aint happening and he was just trying to cuckold Crabtree by shaking on it right then. He was being a complete dickhead
I disagree, thought it was sincere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

you only believe that because he won't shut up. There are at least 10 CB's in the league that are better all around corners, but Sherman does what he does well and knows his roll, including irritating the opponent with his mouth and getting them mad. Mad=mistakes dEfense wants you to get mad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree, thought it was sincere.

Then get counseling because you might have had too many vaccinations as a kid. Watch the whole clip.....he yells "fuck you" from the crowd of his own teammates....then sprints over with an idea in his head and is all too happy to put his hand out like

"shake my hand bro...come one...shake it...hahahah.shake it...good game right bro? it was a good game right?"

I'm adding the words you missed cuz your autistic, and trying to fill in the emotion of the moment for you since you can't use your imagination.

Now....remember...they have been talking way to much crap back and forth all game and crossed the line many times no doubt. There is a way you could as a competitor say good game, but I promise you man, I promise you he was just trying to humiliate Crabtree.

I promise....get counseling until you see it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What i know is this...if he was on the Bears this entire board would have a giant boner over him and repeatedly say things like, "He's tough and physical and plays the game the right way", guaranteed. I don't see a reason to change that mindset just because he isn't on the Bears.

"Love Da Bears"

You sound like your name should be "Love Da NFL"

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Then get counseling because you might have had too many vaccinations as a kid. Watch the whole clip.....he yells "fuck you" from the crowd of his own teammates....then sprints over with an idea in his head and is all too happy to put his hand out like

"shake my hand bro...come one...shake it...hahahah.shake it...good game right bro? it was a good game right?"

I'm adding the words you missed cuz your autistic, and trying to fill in the emotion of the moment for you since you can't use your imagination.

Now....remember...they have been talking way to much crap back and forth all game and crossed the line many times no doubt. There is a way you could as a competitor say good game, but I promise you man, I promise you he was just trying to humiliate Crabtree.

I promise....get counseling until you see it.
Ha ha ha...ok.