Why I drafted Jay Cutler in fantasy football and what happened next - Broc blog

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was funny. Id read it again.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hyatt actually does have Cutler on his FF

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you even try to get Mickey's autograph at Disney World?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
How was the gym?

Oh you know the usual..
That+s+the+last+of+my+Crossfit+gifs+_7af469e6cc1b260d31ef2782a58c0247.gif

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Hilarious
I didn't read but I see what you did there !
I thought someone might do it

Orzo87

Liked Posts:
Broc,
I enjoy your gifs and your ability to gif, which no one does as well as you. Your the Hulk Hogan of ccs. You were face and defending Cutler! Then you turned heel like NWO Hogan and trashed him. While I always thought you provided an unbiased view of Cutler, I enjoy your posts non the less.
With that said, fantasy football is for closet nerds too afraid to play dungeons and dragons. It's ok, it's 21st century, as Madonna would say express yourself!

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broc,
I enjoy your gifs and your ability to gif, which no one does as well as you. Your the Hulk Hogan of ccs. You were face and defending Cutler! Then you turned heel like NWO Hogan and trashed him. While I always thought you provided an unbiased view of Cutler, I enjoy your posts non the less.
With that said, fantasy football is for closet nerds too afraid to play dungeons and dragons. It's ok, it's 21st century, as Madonna would say express yourself!

LOL, I'm honored you would compare me to the greatest heel turn of all time by the great Hulk Hogan but I feel you're coming down a little hard on fantasy football.

It's just a fun side game to play with buddies to keep yourself interested in the rest of the league. I will agree though that the super hardcore dweebs that take it waaaay to seriously are annoying. But I only play in 1 league with a bunch of my real life buddies who like me are just in it for the lulz and shit talking (along with a little money of course).

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I give this thread an A+, plenty of LOL's

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been considering it and this thread solidifies it.

Broc for 2015 CCS MVP when the voting time comes.

Orzo87

Liked Posts:
LOL, I'm honored you would compare me to the greatest heel turn of all time by the great Hulk Hogan but I feel you're coming down a little hard on fantasy football.

It's just a fun side game to play with buddies to keep yourself interested in the rest of the league. I will agree though that the super hardcore dweebs that take it waaaay to seriously are annoying. But I only play in 1 league with a bunch of my real life buddies who like me are just in it for the lulz and shit talking (along with a little money of course).

I meant no offense. Just poking fun at all the nerd, alpha, beta, bro stuff. I would have made a revenge of the nerds reference, but I'm afraid I'd be giving away my age and my own nerdiness!

On a side note, Ravishing Rick Rude was awesome! Remember when he had Miss Elizabeth airbrushed on his ring attire! It's a shame he died so young. He was only 40.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been considering it and this thread solidifies it.

Broc for 2015 CCS MVP when the voting time comes.
brownnose.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I thought the original article was well written and pretty candid, didn't think it deserved a spoof to be honest. Frankly, based on your past posts, anything you write bashing Cutler is far from good natured. The conclusion I draw is that this is your attempt to cleverly disguise your ridicule of the original article. But hey, I'm sure a good number of posters here got a laugh out of it. :clap:

^5 to this post. Well said and quite accurate IMO.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I meant no offense. Just poking fun at all the nerd, alpha, beta, bro stuff. I would have made a revenge of the nerds reference, but I'm afraid I'd be giving away my age and my own nerdiness!

On a side note, Ravishing Rick Rude was awesome! Remember when he had Miss Elizabeth airbrushed on his ring attire! It's a shame he died so young. He was only 40.

I don't remember the Miss Elizabeth one, but he did have an epic feud with Jake the Snake where he got Jake's WIFE airbrushed on his tights.

motion for Broc to start calling his opponents SWEATHOGS

all those in favor?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I'm staring at a computer screen in my Fantasy Auction draft war room in Boca Raton, FL. It's 2015, my twelfth year as general manager of the Cannonball Dookies. The scene around me looks like I'm at NASA headquarters: old-school notebooks scattered everywhere, a huge screen at the front of the room and computers flashing with statistical analysis, a bong on the corner of the desk begging for another hit...

But I'm not trying to launch a rocket. I'm just trying to figure out what to make of the kid whose name is printed on the scouting report I just googled: Jay Christopher Cutler.

You can guess the basics of what I was looking at. Rocket arm. Decent numbers in '14. Good pedigree. New coaching staff. New hopes. New dreams.

I put on his 2014 highlight tape, and I see the strong arm, quick release, consistent velocity and leadership abilities. There are also some negatives—throwing off his back foot, floating the ball and overall footwork—but fanboys say those deficiencies could be overcome with time and proper instruction from Gase.

I click over to the next tab in my browser, which has quotes from coaches, teammates and CCS posters. Desbro says, "Jay Cutler is a gamer. He's a guy that will try not to lose at all costs." PIB: "The best quarterback in the NFC North. Will only be validated the next few years." HBK: "He does everything right. He's smart, makes the right throws, is accurate, can run. He's everything you're looking for in a quarterback."

I think to myself, "This kid could be a steal. But I need to be careful with how much he costs me."

--------------------------

I drafted Jay Cutler. Why?

The story starts with Carson Palmer.

History hasn't treated the year Palmer had in 2014 very well, nor the team they had built that year in Arizona. What goes forgotten is the dominance they displayed most of the season. Now, I had managed to get Carson Palmer earlier in the draft for $6. Good value I thought, but I wasn't completely comfortable with the thought of resting my season solely on that knee. Some insurance was in order.

I waited in the shadows for just the right opportunity while fellow GM's hastily spent their cash. RB's, WR's and TE's flew off the board one after another, still I waited for the right moment. With my very last position needing to be filled and $2 left I struck like a cobra.

"Jay Cutler for $1" I shouted... laughter and taunts from my fellow GM's rained down on me like a sudden Florida thunderstorm.

"Going once" our commissioner yelled....

*crickets*

"Going twice" our commissioner shouted....

*crickets*

"SOLD to Cannonball Dookie for $1" the commissioner bellowed. I could hardly believe my luck.

--------------------------

I wish I could say this story has a happy ending. I wish I could say he's lead my Dookies to fantasy football glory these past few weeks. But, that remains my wish. As we head into week 7 I take solace in the fact that Jay Cutler remains on my bench ready and waiting for his opportunity to shine in week 9 when Palmer is on bye...

We'll see who's laughing then!
Should have drafted Bortles

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember the Miss Elizabeth one, but he did have an epic feud with Jake the Snake where he got Jake's WIFE airbrushed on his tights.

motion for Broc to start calling his opponents SWEATHOGS

all those in favor?

These tights?

rick_rude_display_image.jpg

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have drafted Bortles

Pfft, I'm down 102-101 right now going into tonight's game with Palmer yet to play. My opponent's got nobody tonight so barring Palmer blowing out a knee in pregame warm ups I should be golden.