Why I feel very happy about this team

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
We have a very young team overall.
Our D was pretty great overall last year and with the addition of Roquan and Mack we can be elite if healthy. Depending on what website you look at we are a top 5 or top 10 D.

Special teams is spotty, but not as horrible as some may think. It is definitely our weakest spot. Need a money kicker.

Our O....well...I'm with the folks that understood coming in that it will be a work in progress. I've seen so much progress week to week that I can't complain at all. Yeah, I get it...people want perfection. Perfection comes with practice, as any musician out there knows. This year we are "in the woodshed".

We have the makings of a very special team. I won't be too sad if we don't make the playoffs this year. I know we will have a great team for years to come.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Things are looking good with Nagy, he's not been completely terrible. Mtch hasn't either, even his 'bad' days he's still throwing more TD's than INTs. Maybe Pace knows what he's doing. All I know is this team was a laughingstock when he got here, now they're contending. What more do you want from a GM

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
To add something to my original post....I think the one thing we are missing on D is a true shut down corner. I like Fuller and Amukamara (sp?) and I love Callahan, but a true shut down corner would make this D insanely good....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
‘Learn to win’ is a real thing. If this team can find a way to win a big game then the future should be bright for many years.

I think Nagy is still learning that too. It takes time all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
To add something to my original post....I think the one thing we are missing on D is a true shut down corner. I like Fuller and Amukamara (sp?) and I love Callahan, but a true shut down corner would make this D insanely good....
Fuller is very good. True shutdown corners dont exist in this day and age.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best sign I can think of is we haven't been outta games in the third quarter like usual. We hung in there against good teams until the end. (GB & Patriots)

Even good teams have a bad week and it usually involves ridiculous turnovers & busted defensive plays...and poor special teams. But this should only happen once a year. Hopefully, the second half of the GB game was it.

Next week we're going to start to see if this team is a pretender or not. Pretenders cannot hide for long.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I am not giving up on this season by any means, but in order for this team to get better they are going to need to maximize their very limited cap situation, paltry draft capital and one or two tradeable assets to make necessary improvements next season.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I am not giving up on this season by any means, but in order for this team to get better they are going to need to maximize their very limited cap situation, paltry draft capital and one or two tradeable assets to make necessary improvements next season.

If Trubisky improves into the above average, edging towards the top of the league, then the team doesn’t really need more pieces. No team is going to be hole free and if his game elevated, Nagy improves, then you have a winner and Super Bowl contender

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fuller is very good. True shutdown corners dont exist in this day and age.

The days of your best WR lining up on one side of the field are over as well. Ramsey is probably the best in the game and he gets lit up all the time. I just want the corners playing up on the ball more and have the safeties actually do their jobs.