Why I see regime change this offseason.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Herbert is probably the greatest thing since sliced bread; the San Diego Los Angeles Chargers are still 2-6.

I'm fairly certain we've discussed this for like 2 months now that the Bears offensive issues go beyond the quarterback position.

so what difference does it make, really?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
In most cases yeah I would agree but those positions, OT specifically have been neglected for going on 6 years.. you could argue longer than that, I don't even remember our last tackle we drafted in the first two rounds.

For example we'd be set for a decade:
Ereck Flowers Tackle Mia 2015
Laramy Tunsil Tackle Tackle Miss 2016

We went Kevin White.. and Leonard Floyd..
Well Ereck Flowers sucked for his first few years in the league and ultimately had to change teams three times to find a decent home in Miami. Its unrealistic to expect that the Bears would've been more patient with him than the Giants were.

coolio

Liked Posts:
If the bears don't have a regime change this offseason and the bears miss the playoffs then the owners are satisfied with mediocrity. they're one of the only franchises who I could see not making a regime change after the past 3+ years.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
next year the bears will be in cap hell. 5 defensive players take up over 85+ million in cap space. A popular player or 2 may need to go (Akiem Hicks is a strong possibility).

the organization does not need another Danny > Kwit or Quinn over Leonard contract weighing them down further with Pace at the helm another year.
Its all about the Bears position relative to their peers and fact is everyone is dreading the cap situation come next year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Ereck Flowers sucked for his first few years in the league and ultimately had to change teams three times to find a decent home in Miami. Its unrealistic to expect that the Bears would've been more patient with him than the Giants were.

Leno was drafted in 2014 I believe and was starting 2015. Point is you create competition on your roster. This is all football 101. Our GM/Coach are clueless is what I am getting at.

I am not satisfied with a 7th round draft pick starting at one of the most important positions on the football field. It's insanity. There is a reason why he's a 7th round pick. Yes, there are exceptions but he's not one of them. At his very best he was just average.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I think money will talk and while having no ticket sales this year makes eating a GM and coach contract more difficult, I think they can look out to 2021-2022 and realize that without a change, there will be no excitement or draw to bring fans back into the stadium. Two years of trotting out the worst offense in the league and watching the defense age and get old before our eyes is not something fans want to pay to see. They likely will want to sell out next season and if it was a repeat of this season, you'd see empty stands starting week 8 and beyond and that hits the organization at the bottom line where it gets some attention.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Leno was drafted in 2014 I believe and was starting 2015. Point is you create competition on your roster. This is all football 101. Our GM/Coach are clueless is what I am getting at.
The Bears are in desperate need of an eleven (or more) player draft class with more than three players coming from the top hundred overall draft picks. The trade-ups have had a cumulative effect where there is just no depth on this roster, especially offensively. Doesn't just leave them vulnerable to injuries but means there's no real competition anywhere.