Why is the Bears Organization Afraid Of Successful People ?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
As we Bear fans have watched the Bears struggle to select the right, GMs, HCs and QBs. Many have stated that the Bears just aren't able to find the right person\QB for the position but, in many cases the right selection was staring them right in the face. In 2012 the Bears were searching to hire their next GM, former Bills and Colts GM Bill Polian who had major success with both teams (drafting and winning) wanted the GM position. Now I know some said he was old but, he wasn't playing so age wouldn't have affected him. Bill Polian was a proven commodity but, the Bears decided to go in another direction and hire first time GM Phil Emery (SMH). Then in 2013 the Bears hire Marc Trestman from the CFL (SMH) to HC the Bears when Bruce Arians, who was the NFL COY was available and wanted the job. Then in 2107 GM Ryan Pace (another novice) selected a 13 game starting QB (Trubisky) over Watson a QB who had a successful carrier, tore it up in college and won a NC (2 appearances). And, before you say Watson is struggling this year because the Texans are 1-6 that's BS. The Texans defense is the problem ranked #32 vs the run. Watson has played well this year even on a bad team and is ranked top 5 in some QB rankings and top 10 in all of them.

It's not that the Bears can't find winners it's that they don't want them. Is this because they are afraid of not having control of that person? Or is it because they don't fit the image the Bears are looking for, other than winning?

Serious questions and I welcome your thoughts

Last edited:

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
The inner cynic in me believes they hired Emery because he would be significantly cheaper than Polian. As for coaches - they did hire Fox who was semi-successful at his previous head coaching gigs but by the time he got to the Bears it was apparent (to me anyway) he was just going through the motions and had mentally packed it in. One or two more checks and he could ride off into the sunset significantly richer.
Again this is my inner cynic talking - normally I look at the world through rose-colored glasses <shrug>.
:smug:

Liked Posts:
As we Bear fans have watched the Bears struggle to select the right, GMs, HCs and QBs. Many have stated that the Bears just aren't able to find the right person\QB for the position but, in many cases the right selection was staring them right in the face. In 2012 the Bears were searching to hire their next GM, former Bills and Colts GM Bill Polian who had major success with both teams (drafting and winning) wanted the GM position. Now I know some said he was old but, he wasn't playing so age wouldn't have affected him. Bill Polian was a proven commodity but, the Bears decided to go in another direction and hire first time GM Phil Emery (SMH). Then in 2013 the Bears hire Marc Trestman from the CFL (SMH) to HC the Bears when Bruce Arians, who was the NFL COY was available and wanted the job. Then in 2107 GM Ryan Pace (another novice) selected a 13 game starting QB (Trubisky) over Watson a QB who had a successful carrier, tore it up in college and won a NC (2 appearances). And, before you say Watson is struggling this year because the Texans are 1-6 that's BS. The Texans defense is the problem ranked #32 vs the run. Watson has played well this year even on a bad team and is ranked top 5 in some QB rankings and top 10 in all of them.

It's not that the Bears can't find winners it's that they don't want them. Is this because they are afraid of not having control of person? Or is it because they don't fit the image the Bears are looking for other then winning?

Serious questions and I welcome your thoughts
Not only that but who is the REAL ownership VOICE? Virginia McCaskey is in her 90's and her son Mike passed away. That could be a problem, say, as opposed to solid ownership like Kraft in NE. In any business, it starts at the top.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It's bear weather. Why else would WE constantly fail?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The McCaskeys are stupid football people. They are not successful business people who have hired the best people before.

They inherited everything and have no idea what they are doing. There are like a bunch of owners who over the next decade are going to get dominated in hiring and results by legit business people and tycoons.

George worked his way up from the ticket office in his gran dads company.

David Tepper built a 15 billion dollar hedge fund in a cut throat industry.