Why so much Hossa bashing???

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how often you all check outside of Chicago sports news, but it is just amazing to see how much crap Hossa is taking for production. I think the guy is a proven asset, scoring or not. I don't quite understand why people can't put two and two together, when Hossa is on the ice his presence alone puts pressure on back-checkers and d-men. Regardless of what any say... the man knows how to win. He plays with fire... and backs it with heart. Keep it up.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
he checks hard, plays hard and thats all I ask for when watching Hockey, I love Hossa.

N3

Liked Posts:
I don't know how often you all check outside of Chicago sports news, but it is just amazing to see how much crap Hossa is taking for production. I think the guy is a proven asset, scoring or not. I don't quite understand why people can't put two and two together, when Hossa is on the ice his presence alone puts pressure on back-checkers and d-men. Regardless of what any say... the man knows how to win. He plays with fire... and backs it with heart. Keep it up.

From a scoring stand point, Hossa hasn't been what everyone thought he would be come playoff time and that's where alot of his heat is coming from. In my opinion, ill take his back checking and defense any day.

Another thing that people should notice, is the improvement in Kane's back-checking compared to last year, which you could say is a product of playing and learning with Hossa.

Also people want to see Hossa fail for the third straight year, just so they have something to laugh about.

Alfonso Soriano

Liked Posts:
He got a turnover in the Sharks zone yesterday out of a line change and we scored a goal because of that

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
frankly, his penalty kill has made him worth the 8 million he's being paid.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He got a turnover in the Sharks zone yesterday out of a line change and we scored a goal because of that

That play alone shows what kind of player he is... never gives up. He made that play and is pure definition of an "assist".

Dismagic1

I don't care whether Hossa scores or not. The dude plays with 150% hustle and energy, never gives up on a play. He creates an insane amount of opportunities by keeping pucks alive in the offensive end, circling around defenders looking for open Hawks, and his natural skills is sick!! Dude is a great asset..

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hossa is a great 2 way player....he hasnt NEEDED to score much in the playoffs which is what makes this team so deadly. Hossa has been quiet and we are still rolling

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't agree more... just look at the Sharks. When their expected scorers don't do just that they lose. Look at every game they have lost in the playoffs. Shows the depth of the Hawks... but clearly that is no surprise anymore.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Couldn't agree more... just look at the Sharks. When their expected scorers don't do just that they lose. Look at every game they have lost in the playoffs. Shows the depth of the Hawks... but clearly that is no surprise anymore.

yessir....

Heatley, Pavelski, Thornton, and (up until game 2) Marleau have been quiet and look where the sharks are...down 2-0

Kane and Hossa have been quiet this series and look...up 2-0

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Hawks being up 2-0 has everything to do with the depth of the bench and lines. Our third and fourth lines have really been the difference in the playoffs. Between Burish, Eager, Bolland, etc. we've gotten some clutch goals and probably the difference maker in a 2-0 lead, a 1-1 tie, or even a 0-2 deficit.

Not only that, but the Q-Stache can coach circles around McLellan.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I think the Hawks being up 2-0 has everything to do with the depth of the bench and lines. Our third and fourth lines have really been the difference in the playoffs. Between Burish, Eager, Bolland, etc. we've gotten some clutch goals and probably the difference maker in a 2-0 lead, a 1-1 tie, or even a 0-2 deficit.

Not only that, but the Q-Stache can coach circles around McLellan.

McLellan+Vigneault+Trotz<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Coach Q

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been amazed at how Q has literally been able to press a button and get the matchups he wants.

N3

Liked Posts:
I've been amazed at how Q has literally been able to press a button and get the matchups he wants.

Coach Q is awesome on the road when it comes to getting the matchups he wants. The Hawks are so deep that other teams can only roll out 2 or 3 lines, while the Hawks can roll out a solid 4 and be fresh for the whole 60.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

He definately is the master at getting matchups...idk if anyone is better

Captain Serious

Liked Posts:
I think it has to do with the fact that Hossa has such a long contract that will see him make a lot of money. He could be producing more, but the team is winning, so it's all fne right now.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I think it has to do with the fact that Hossa has such a long contract that will see him make a lot of money. He could be producing more, but the team is winning, so it's all fne right now.
us fans should know that with Stars like Kane and Toews that Hossa's numbers will had fallen a little, hes not the number 1 guy on our team