Why the criticism of Hester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Good stuff Manticore. I'll try and use those figures on the show tonight. I'll give ya credit too.

Also we're going to talk about this topic at length tonight on 643 Sports. We hope we can hear from a few of you during the show.

7pm CST tonight http://www.blogtalkradio.com/643sports

Lefty

Liked Posts:
But.....those stats make no sense, and he made a complete BS comparison to a guy that was asked to catch passes from two shitty QB's AND was traded after the season started.....

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Well yeah, I juts meant the completions and stuff... I wouldn't use the comparison. In fact, I'm never a fan of comparing guys in football because there are so many things that go into a WR's ability to make plays on the field.

Type of QB, type of system, other WR, style of play, height, etc.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, the problem is that you have no point.

His "tools" consist of good speed..that doesn't equate to deep threat production. Look at his YPC and Long receptions....

And decent hands.

He has no other tools that make WR's good/great.

Doubtful.

That's not what you said dip shit.

Even still, how is it a plus for Hester to barely out produce his "part time" starting season with his first full time starting season? How does this show progress?

You're an idiot. He has been practicing as a wide receiver for 3 seasons. There was no "messing" with his head because he has known for 3 seasons that he is a WR.

You're a fool.

You need a tampon?

Manticore

Liked Posts:
But.....those stats make no sense, and he made a complete BS comparison to a guy that was asked to catch passes from two shitty QB's AND was traded after the season started.....

How don't they make sense?Granted Edwards was traded but...come on. Although, when Hester's and Edwards numbers are looked at side by side,they're comparable. Regardless of team situations. Edwards has been playing wide reciever since high school(presumably) while Hester had not.So sometimes we can compare players by stats,and sometimes not?:smh:

I've never thought stats to be the end all and be all to an argument. But at some point, you have to look at the big picture and get over your zealous little argument.Oh and by the way, Hester only played in 13 games last year as a wide reciever.Through the first third of the season Hester was second only to Fitzgerald in catches, I know it,those damn hands made of stone.

lol if you want to take shots at me personally than I shall ? you for it. And I'll shut my "dumb fucking idiot mouth"

But Firstimer,I know that's not your style.

So I suppose if we're throwing stats out the window,and the obvious improvement number 23 has made that you're absolutely right.He's terrible because you say so,and the numbers are just drivel I made up. I don't know why Jerry Jones hasn't contacted you guys to head up Player Personal,since everyone is so knowledgeable about player development,route running,and general football knowledge.

At some point,you have to decide what your arguing. Is it where Hester should be on the depth chart considering his potential/production? Or is it that, Hester is just a terrible reciever. Devin's stats aren't overwhelming,but he's certainly not at the bottom of the barrel like you'd want people to believe.

So if you can come up with a tangible argument in regards to how much garbage Hester actually is other than "He's sucks, you're stupid", then I'm all ears. Until then I think the numbers make my point,but as you alluded to,I'm a moron.
lulz

Last edited by a moderator:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I don't know why Jerry Jones hasn't contacted you guys to head up Player Personal,since everyone is so knowledgeable about player development,route running,and general football knowledge.

Get me a meeting with him, and I'll have a job with his front office by the end of the week.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Talk to Mark Cuban for me, I want in on the Mavs front office.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Talk to Mark Cuban for me, I want in on the Mavs front office.

Speaking of a guy that might plonk down 100-200k a year for a small-time duo to keep doing a radio show he might enjoy if he listens........

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking Hester off returns was the dumbest move this regime made.
Every returner has a shelf life, they don't last forever. Dante Hall and Allen Rossum are 2 examples

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Personally, I think Hester can be serviceable as a WR, but he was WAY over-hyped when he first made the transition from KR to WR. I agree with whoever said he's a threat to go the distance every time he catches a ball, but he's not alone in the NFL in that aspect. He's very raw, and he will make a lot of plays, but he's going to cost you in some plays, too.

Up until this upcoming season, I was happy w/ where he was developmentally........Good enough to help the team, but bad enough to not only make him want to return to KR, but doesn't cost the Bears $$$ due to lack of reached incentives in his contract.

btw, I liked moose, too...but...I think it was more what moose was before he came here than what he was when he was here.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
he be good slot receiver but he made his money for returning kicks.... i believe he can have 10 TD next year between being 3rd receiver and returning kicks..

Status
Not open for further replies.