Why the double standard?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Agree with all of this…. But again, why does his honeymoon end in two games and Fields gets 3-4 years? I’m not defending some of the bad calls. He made mistakes. Fields makes mistakes. But the double standard is the grace period given.
Maybe I missed it but is anyone saying everyone should be fired? I definitely have little to know faith in George’s organization. That is undeniable. But I can accept leeway with a young team that I’m not expecting to compete anytime soon this roster is a disaster. Now idk if anyone is paying attention to Denver if we had a vet team like that and a coach like hacket holy shit I would be ringing the alarm bells cause that’s a disaster piece right there

But my leeway doesn’t mean I’m not going to call out the stupid

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Packers didn’t even block the move. They didn’t give a shit losing him. They could have kept him if they wanted to
It was an upward move. You normally don’t block those.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe I missed it but is anyone saying everyone should be fired? I definitely have little to know faith in George’s organization. That is undeniable. But I can accept leeway with a young team that I’m not expecting to compete anytime soon this roster is a disaster. Now idk if anyone is paying attention to Denver if we had a vet team like that and a coach like hacket holy shit I would be ringing the alarm bells cause that’s a disaster piece right there

But my leeway doesn’t mean I’m not going to call out the stupid

No I don’t think I’ve seen anyone saying he should be fire. The honeymoon definitely ended though judging by the comments.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm not off the Getsy bandwagon. I mean most fans knew that Mustipher would've gotten pushed right back into Fields once he snapped the ball at the goal line.

Then Kreutz would've been rage posting about everyone not giving Musty a chance

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I totally understand a rookie OC is going to take some lumps and yes the subpar supporting cast can limit a playbook.

What has me all upset with Luke Getsy right now is that they spent all offseason selling me on building an offense around players strengths, particularly Justin Fields.

Two games in and the Getsy offense is all about hiding it's deficiencies, particularly Justin Fields and I am starting to feel like I got conned.

It doesn't trust the OL to block.

It doesn't trust the QB to throw.

It doesn't trust the WR get past the sticks.

It's like riding a bike with the training wheels welded on.

If the training wheels start to look like they are coming off next week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being overly cautious with his new offense.

If this Fisher Price offense keeps until the bye week, I will chalk it up as a new coach being a chickenshit loser.
High level post.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I see a lot of people really down on Getsy after this last game.

In his ROOKIE season as a play caller nonetheless!

Does Getsy have a great cast to work with? Does he have a pro bowl QB? WR? An ass kicking oline?

No!

But everyone is all shitting on him in his second game calling plays as a rookie OC.

Now Justin Fields we need to love and hug. If he doesn't produce it's because: "wE diDn'T gET hIM aNY hELP!!!" "iTS hIS fIRST yEAR IN a NEW sYStEm!!!"

Well why aren't you fuckers saying that about Getsy? Why aren't you bitching at Poles for not getting him help?? Where's the patience for him??

Why the double standard? Is it because CCS hates chubby white guys? ?
Because we‘re Bear fans, and we’re brain damaged….

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I didn't have too many issues with Getsy's play calls. The runs only stopped working when they took out the FB Blas & Jenkins. That I put on Getsy for not seeing the differences. But all but 1 pass play had people open but Fields either missed or didn't throw to them. That's not on coaching. That's on Field's having a bad game and growing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I didn't have too many issues with Getsy's play calls. The runs only stopped working when they took out the FB Blas & Jenkins. That I put on Getsy for not seeing the differences. But all but 1 pass play had people open but Fields either missed or didn't throw to them. That's not on coaching. That's on Field's having a bad game and growing.
All but 1? Im calling bs.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Well, 7 for 11 means he had 4 incompletions. 1 was a drop, 1 he had nothing. That leaves 2 plays. So is it still so unbelievable?
That and at least one sack I can think of off the top of my head he had quick throws but didn't even attempt them.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
More than two games I’d hope!
Regardless of how bad it is, the whole season.
Give em a few weeks to shape up before flus takes him to task and starts micromanaging (which he should do if this crap continues), and then see what getsy learns from that- if no improvement after that point, start looking in the off-season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just 7 more years guys be patient lol lol
Its 2 games in and we haven't won the Superbowl yet. Should probably just blow it up and start over again, amirite